1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Pearl White Italian Stallion Comes Home !! (Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Neeraj Bajaj, Jan 24, 2015.

1. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Neeraj,use 'SCRATCH OUT' (by FORMULA1) or some fine rubbing material(by any reputed brand) & apply(rub) it locally in a circular way with the help of a clean fine cotton cloth.Hope the 'beauty spot' will be considerably faded away if not gone completely.
  2. Neeraj Bajaj

Neeraj Bajaj Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @sandipan_r15 : I'll try it out. Hoping for it to vanish completely. Any suggestions to restore the paint quality and underbody condition? And something to restore the interiors as well? My car is white on the out and black on the in. Tough colours to maintain it's beauty...
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Neeraj, just a regular wash(not on daily basis) and once in a month washing with shampoo & then polishing(in and out) would keep your beauty in pretty good condition.Use shampoo,polish,dash board/plastic cleaner by 'meguiars' or 'formula 1'.The former is of better quality & costlier.I purchase meguiars from ebay.Try meguiars scrtch20 to remove the spot on the bumper.
    http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_odkw...045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=meguiars&_sacat=131090

Mine is also white GP--BNW--56000km young.
  4. Neeraj Bajaj

Neeraj Bajaj Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Happy moments !!

IMG_20150126_162226.jpg
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Neeraj Bajaj, waxpol rubbing compound will help remove it. It looks like it will vanish. Don't forget to get some good quality wax and apply regularly (post wash). Do post pic later if it vanishes.

upload_2015-1-26_17-31-50.jpeg
  6. Neeraj Bajaj

Neeraj Bajaj Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @sandipan_r15 : Thank you so much for your guidance. I'll purchase the meguiars as well. :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 28, 2015 ---
    @asimpleson : I'll try it out. Let's hope it vanishes. Thanks :)
    Hello My TFi family,

The beauty spot on my RAPIDASH vanished by a simple rub of a wet cloth. :)

But, I've encountered with another niggle; my 12V power outlet doesn't seem to be working. Looks like a fuse problem or a wiring issue. I'll get it addressed. Doesn't seem to be biggie.

I also got my two JBL GTO937 350W speakers from my Getz Prime 2008 installed on my RAPIDASH. I didn't know that there are readymade wooden planks available in the market these days. I had got it made specially for my Getz. I replaced my stock parcel try with the wooden plank for the speakers. I've 6 speakers in RAPIDASH now :)

The worker at the car shop slogged his backside off to open up the panels for the wiring. Thanks to the build quality. I could see how well the wiring is organised and looked so ahead of years when compared to Japanese.

I'm still not happy with the stock speakers in the front. I've a couple of JBL 220W 6" speakers with me. I'm thinking of replacing the stocks with these babies. What do you think guys? Should i get it replaced? Adding two more speakers was an easy job (not so easy actually) but this would be a tough ask. They'll have to do some custom alterations and the stock speakers won't be useful again. What do you think guys? Is it worth the effort?

And lastly, do you think is it worth it to go for the parking sensors? The FASS has the black ones. My car is white. It will look bad. Not sure if FASS will paint it for me. And, do you'll think is it worth it to go for the reverse camera? I don't think FASS has a stock reverse camera as an option. They're providing Autocop with bluetooth and stuff. They're charging some 4k for the parking sensors and around 9k with both sensors and camera. I checked outside in the market, they charge 2k for the sensors and 5k for the camera.

I also found a camera from WorldTech with 6 months warranty like in the i20 with 4.7"screen hidden behind the IRVM. But the view in these mirrors aren't bright as the stock ones. Autocop has one year warranty.

I need help in this matter guys ! Thanks...
    These are the ones from WorldTech. With no extra hanky panky like bluetooth and all. I've blue & me :)

unnamed (1).jpg
    These are the ones from autocop !

unnamed (2).jpg
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  7. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Neeraj, Welcome to TFI.

IMHO I don't think RPS is needed for Punto. Once you start reversing you will be able to judge the distance easily either by looking into the IVRM or turning back. I have not had it since 3.5 years of my ownership and never have crashed into anything while reversing. Again its my personnel but then if you want to go for it then Xenos and Autocop brand are good. I have Linea now and have installed Genuine FIAT Reverse Parking Sensors which I got painted from the dealer itself. These do not have any display unit and only have beep sound. I am very happy with it and I am able to reverse the car without any fear now. Do not go for the one's which are mounted on the mirror as they might tend to vibrate and also affect the visibility. You can go for a small display unit like in the link http://www.snapdeal.com/product/xenos-lynx-201-odled201-reverse/2043969268#bcrumbLabelId:311
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    @Neeraj Bajaj FASS can paint the sensors in your body color, charges can be around Rs. 300 only.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Neeraj Bajaj please go through ICE related threads and post in any relevant thread for your ICE queries. Do post what is your current setup (including amps, wirings and other things) so we can guide better.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Neeraj Bajaj

Neeraj Bajaj Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP

@sandipan_r15 : Thanks for the link. I'll go in meguiars as well. :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 4, 2015 ---
    @Vishi : Thanks for the guidance Vishi ! I'm more inclined towards going for a genuine FIAT RPS if so i go for one. I'll check out xenos as well.
    @dadasaheb: Thanks for letting me know :)
    @asimpleson : Sure thing ! Thanks...
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015