1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Pearl White Italian Stallion Comes Home !! (Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Neeraj Bajaj, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Neeraj Bajaj

Neeraj Bajaj Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks a lot @Saket Sidana ! I'll get the ribbon removed tomorrow :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 24, 2015 ---
    Thanks a lot @VIJENDRA SINGH !!!
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hey @Neeraj Bajaj !

Great going: you've zeroed in on just the car that can perfectly fulfill both your mom's needs and concerns, AND your own too. That's the thing with these Fiats: my 70+ dad loves both his Linea and my t-jet more than I do, and we have very different automotive priorities! :cool:

cheers, enjoy! Keep posting, man.
    VIJENDRA SINGH and asimpleson like this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations Neeraj, a very good choice the 90hp Punto. One of the best packages from Fiat for the FE practicality as well as the extra performance needed on highways. And also very practical for city congested roads and a bit easier to park car. You can tell your mom, that of all the Fiats this one the 90hp will be easier to sell, the price for all other cars except Maruti Swift will be comparatively low for resale. But quicker resell it will.

Best of Luck, happy motoring..!
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome @Neeraj Bajaj !!
    Reading your story, it seems one more fiatian is born! Congratulations For the rapidash:)

People bash fiat even before checking it; it's the irony .
    Good workhorse you have bought there!
  5. Neeraj Bajaj

Neeraj Bajaj Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks a lot @pabhishek ! I agree and I'm guilty of being a FIAT basher myself. But to be honest, when it comes to customer service and QCs, FIAT still has a long way to go. My previous Hyundais might have their driving incapabilities but the company was good in customer service and QC. I hope FIAT makes up for it's shortcomings soon.

On a side note, my RAPIDASH is getting smoother by every mile.
    @asimpleson

Thanks a lot for your best wishes. I hope this vehicle lives up to my mother's expectations and I'll surely show your message to her so that she relaxes her apprehensions.
    Hello My TFI family !

It's the second day of owning my new Punto 90 HP and I've already encountered two niggles:

1) Left side pulling problem which is probably because of the alignment and as advised my @sandipan_r15, I'll get the alignment done at the FASS.

2) Whenever i press the horn pad, my USB either gets reset, stops or switches to radio. I believe @Aviral singh also has faced this problem and his USB was found to be faulty. @Rahul Singh and @mangeshtendulkar have indicated that there could be an earthing issue. I'll get this addressed at the FASS as well.

Can anybody tell me what other niggles should i expect from my RAPIDASH?

I'm a bit worried about these 2 issues so far. I don't want my mom to feel let down with FIAT. I hope she changes her perception about FIAT...
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Neeraj Bajaj These two seem to be the only ones that crop-up repeatedly in reports on the first few batches of the Evo. And they're minor, I guess, get them sorted out....and you'll be set fair, am betting! These Fiats are otherwise very well-built and pretty darned reliable, as you would've made out from the so-many ownership reports here on TFi.

As far as 'customer service' goes: well, that is to a large degree a function of the scale and scope of sales, is it not? It's easier providing better service when volumes are very high like with Hyundai or Maruti. Moreover, some dealerships, like yours?, are still relatively new. But FASS is very improved nowadays, and shouldn't/won't be a letdown for you or your mom. Fiat India is quite responsive too, to gievances and warranty-claims etc. Don't worry.:)

all the best, enjoy
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Neeraj Bajaj & others,

In one of the pic I could see the driver side OVRM fully closed. Is this with new Evo's since in my Punto the mirror does not fold completely. The passenger side mirror though retratcs fully inside.

Rapidash?? Hmmmm. Not very exciting IMO. What was the name of the white horse which Gandolf uses in the Hobbit series?
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It does I think. Will check again..:confused:

Shadowfax, revealed the quick googly...!
    Edit: And another sad news, the said Horse who was filmed was named Blanco in real and is now dead already.. :(
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    ghodlur likes this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Aseem that was super fast.

There you go @Neeraj Bajaj you got a name for your stallion, hope nobody has used it on the forum as yet.
  10. Neeraj Bajaj

Neeraj Bajaj Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot : Thanks for the information. I hope the car doesn't give me any other troubles post these niggles and i agree to your point about the customer service but they need to up the ante. It's high time this beautiful Italian brand needs to bite in deep in this indian market. The masses need to know the capability of these Italian beauties. I hope they get things like ergonomics, flimsy plastic parts and those gear ratios right. I wish they could remap their 1.3 MJD sports model to churn out at least a 100 bhp to beat the market bullies in a straight line drag race. I'm not asking them to change the engine, that's asking too much out of a brand who's still struggling to make their presence felt in the market. And apart from these, two important aspects...
    1) Proper QC for niggle free vehicles and
    2) Responsible FASS and customer service.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 26, 2015 ---
    @ghodlur: Shadowfax is a name of a company. And the reason i chose Rapidash is because as a kid i was fascinated by pokemons and Rapidash was one of my favourites and the colour of the rapidash is similar to my punto. Check it out !!!

unnamed.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 26, 2015 ---
    My RAPIDASH got her first beauty spot yesterday :'(

20150126_123249.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015