1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Pearl White Italian Stallion Comes Home !! (Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Neeraj Bajaj, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Neeraj Bajaj

Neeraj Bajaj Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The saga of my FIAT love story started when i had to dispose of my two old Hyundais, a Getz Prime 2008 and a Verna SX CRDI 2008. The hunt began at the same place from where my previous two vehicles had come. The Talwar Hyundai showroom in Hyderabad. I had my eyes on the Elite i20 from the time i saw it on the road.The car was a stunner no doubt but the price was a bigger stunner.

I couldn't digest the fact that a diesel hatchback could cost nearly a million bucks these days. I had got my Verna top loaded vehicle for that price 6 years ago. I realised that my hunt for the perfect VFM car would turn out to be a bumpy ride. I ran across various brands showrooms to find my perfect ride. I was in search of a vehicle which could provide me the following:

1. Robust build quality and safety features.
    2. Balanced Ride and Handling
    3. A price tag which would justify the features of the car.
    4. Decent Fuel Efficiency.
    5. Decent Resale Value.

And most importantly, the happiness of owning a machine which would bring a grin on my face each time I take it out for a spin.

I had the following cars in my mind:

1. Elite i20
    2. VW Polo
    3. Skoda Rapid
    4. VW Vento
    5. Honda City
    6. Fiat Linea T-Jet
    7. Ford Ecosport
    8. Maruti Suzuki Swift

FIAT was never in contention until I read about the T-Jet's performance, Ride/Handling and the build quality of FIAT cars. I always knew that FIAT was an ugly car on the inside until the face lifts. I was also aware that it was managed by the TATAs who could barely maintain their brand value in the market. It was just by chance I crossed a FIAT showroom to check out the T-JET. One TD and i knew what i wanted but my mother wasn't convinced to get a petrol munching machine home, plus the bad resale of petrol vehicles in South India and to top it all, the brand name - FIAT ! She wasn't wrong in her apprehensions and wanted a machine on diet i.e. a diesel vehicle with a good resale value. I also took a TD of the newly launched Fiat Avventura and found it's performance nowhere close to the T-Jet. The Punto Evo till then wasn't even in contention.

To give my mom her peace of mind, i took her to almost all the showrooms possible. We saw the Honda City, Amaze. We saw Elite i20, Xcent and Verna. We saw VW Polo and Vento. We saw Skoda Rapid. We saw the Ford Ecosport. Most of these cars were good but didn't have the VFM. The Fords, Hyundais and the german twins were just too overpriced. The Japanese counterparts Honda and Maruti were too tinny for my liking.

I listened to my heart and almost booked the T-Jet but my mom wasn't convinced. She belonged to the people who had only two things in mind- "Kitna deti hai?", "Kitne mein jayegi?". She was more interested in selling the car before buying it. She asked me to go for the Linea MJD instead. I didn't like the idea. I didn't want an extended Punto and neither did I want an Avventura which was actually a Punto with a back pack. I was forced to check out the Punto Evo MJD 1.3 90 HP which was a blessing in disguise. I was floored by the black interiors and the 16 inch alloys. The front end of the car looked so elegant with those headlights and all that chrome. The new tail lamps were just so attractive. The car looked a stunner in Glitterati Gold. I had settled down for the Punto but didn't get the colour of my choice and I'm glad i didn't, because the car looked way too elegant in the New Pearl White. I booked my beauty on the 31st December 2014 and asked them to deliver the car on 23rd January 2015 as the days during Sankranti were inauspicious.

The whole month i spent reading the forums on Team FIAT and the experiences of the FIATians gave me confidence on my choice. I was so touched to see how the owners take care of their FIATs and write their experiences. It felt like all FIATians were one huge joint family. The way people posted pictures of their cars, the way they shared their travelling experiences, i felt like i was part of every journey. I don't know what resale value my car will fetch but after reading these threads, i was sure that i wanted to own a FIAT and voila !!...It's 23rd of January, 2015 and I'm now a proud owner of the Punto Evo MJD 1.3 90HP New Pearl White.

I did take a copy of the PDI checklist and made sure everything is in order. I'll be getting the copy of my extended warranty, copy of the updated insurance copy (upgraded to zero dep), foldable remote key and invoice next week.

And yes, my car has the famous left side pulling problem. I'll get the alignment done.

I'll be more than happy to receive valuable suggestions/advice from experienced FIAT owners as to what niggles to expect, how to take care of my car and how to maintain the vehicle during the run in and post run in. Please feel free to express your inputs.

Cheers!!!

-Neeraj Bajaj
    Hyderabad
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 24, 2015 ---
    A snap taken during delivery !

20150123_184928.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Another FIAT fan is born.Welcome NEERAJ,welcome to the TFI.Congrats on your purchase.Please convey my respect to your mother.

You have purchased a machine which will give you the pleasure of driving to it's fullest.Enjoy your EVO.
    Neeraj Bajaj likes this.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hearty congratulations for the fantastic buy and the informed decision you made. Wish you and ur mom loads of happy miles with your white beauty. Happy motoring
    Neeraj Bajaj likes this.
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Neeraj, get the alignment done from a FASS. Because pre 2012 & post 2012 models may have diff set of datas. And tyre shop may just align your car with pre 2012 datas.That may aggravate the problem without rectifying it.

Aviral Singh's MGrey 90 hp had the same problem but it was perfectly rectified after the alignment was done from the dealer's workshop.
    Neeraj Bajaj likes this.
  5. Neeraj Bajaj

Neeraj Bajaj Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you @sandipan_r15 and @punto_emotion ! I'm glad to be a part of the TFI. I'll surely convey the best regards to my mom. I'll upload a few more pics in the coming times and share my experiences like you'll do. Thanks a lot again !!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 24, 2015 ---
    Thanks for your valuable input @sandipan_r15 ! I'll do exactly as advised. I'll be happy to receive such valuable inputs from my TFI family. Thanks again !!
    VIJENDRA SINGH and sandipan_r15 like this.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Neeraj Bajaj

Heartiest congratulations on getting home the Evo, the most underrated un advertized car in the Indian market presently. One has to drive the car to get a fell of its capabilities and eventually the car starts growing on you.

My BIL used to look for every opportunity to drive my earlier owned Fiesta. Now when I sold the Fiesta to him, he looks for every opportunity to drive the Punto.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely. Do ensure to add more pics of the beauty.
  7. Neeraj Bajaj

Neeraj Bajaj Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur

Thanks a lot for your best wishes. I too was a FIAT basher until i TD the explosive T-Jet. The MJD despite being the laziest of the lot in a straight line, felt very stable. Thanks to the immaculate dynamics of the FIAT. Maybe that's why a Harley Davidson cruiser being slower than the most, is more respectable than any super bike on the tarmac. Only a true driving enthusiast will know the value of a FIAT.

I'll surely add on pics to the thread as and when i get an opportunity.

Cheers !!!
    VIJENDRA SINGH and prabhjot like this.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Neeraj Bajaj, congrats on owning a gem of a car with great safety standards. White looks very elegant indeed. Do remove the ribbon if not already, they are prone to lose color and wld leave a marking. Enjoy the miles ahead.
    VIJENDRA SINGH and prabhjot like this.
  9. Neeraj Bajaj

Neeraj Bajaj Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I got a new name for my white beauty - "RAPIDASH" !!! How's it?

And also a few snaps of RAPIDASH !!!

IMG_20150124_172407.jpg

IMG_20150124_172111.jpg

IMG_20150124_171706.jpg

20150124_170005_Anne_Vignette_Pinstripe.jpg
  10. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulation @Neeraj Bajaj , those pics are awesome man. Happy mile munching.