1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

my pearl white avvey

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by srinivaschandalada, Nov 30, 2014.

1. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sure I will, well Kakinada is just 46 kms from annavaram, via pithapuram bypass, to kathipudi junction where you join the national highway, from there it is just 7 kms on the highway.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 21, 2014 ---
    I will post more pictures from all angles in a more scenic location shortly. The resale of fiat has doubled in the last few months in and around my place, just because of an authorised service station opening at Kakinada, I have had offers for 4.6 lakhs for my November 2010 punto, But who is selling my punto. Another dynamic 2012 jan punto which had clocked 80000 kms plus went for 4 lakh.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    kgramesh, nbvcrao and prabhjot like this.
  2. srinivaschandalada

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The problem with the source of media changing when horn blown, has been put to rest by replacing the usb and aux in unit . I was told these problematic usb ports were present in a certain batch. But still the voice commands like artists, genre, folders , don't work. I am vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv happy with my car
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. srinivaschandalada

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    the part replaced on avventura,5-1-2014.jpg the part that was replaced
    Tornado and prabhjot like this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Like all affordable voice recognition systems, the Blue&Me (and Ford's Sync, which is also totally reliant on Microsoft-ware) is very sensitive to 'accents' and enunciation style. i.e., this failure to function may not be the same 'issue' as the one you've reported, it likely just is the nature of the tech. You'll have to play around with your enunciations in order to arrive at those that work consistently well with the Microsoft 'lady'. I'd urge you to use voice recognition only for calls (numbers and/or names) or for basic functions like 'play all', the other music artist/folder stuff is just a gimmick, and is, for safety-while-driving and pragmatic reasons best avoided, even once you discover the 'accents' the MSlady likes chatting in.
    Tornado likes this.
  5. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes @srinivaschandalada in my car also same issue and SC said that they have ordered the spare and will change it in 2-3 days when it will be in stock .I thought it might be a big issue innitialy but now relieved.:)
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

What are Fiat's volumes ? 800-1000 per month at max ? I am disappointed they cannot maintain QC for this small a batch overall, not to mention Avventura specific volumes. Yes they are resolving these on a proactive basis, but the story isnt improving by much!
    Tornado and Jagan Mohan Reddy like this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @acechip

I agree.

Just that the implied counterfactual, that all or even any models of the bestselling brands are ANY better is a MYTH, imo, now busted several times over (not that anyone's paying attention or cares, unlike us) with the cascade of (under duress) recalls and widely reported initial quality glitches galore (Honda, Ford, Chevy, Maruti, Hyundai, Renault and even Toyota) just in the last 6 months, and this refers only to India (where a number of widespread faults esp on safety and braking with cars from the popular brands are simply unknown/univestigated and unreported).

The record over the last 3-4 years of these very popular-in-India firms in the global market (esp Honda, Toyota) is pretty sordid indeed, vis-a-vis design and quality defects, in a well-policed and well-informed marketplace like the US.

IF these firms were to face even a quarter of the scrutiny and minute critical evaluation that Fiats or Skodas or Tata-s do.......there'd be NONE left standing so dominant, excepting Toyota perhaps, but who knows?

Do we have ANY remotely reliable sources of honest information on what the quality/durability/reliability/maintain-ability/repair-ability of these hot-selling cars and brands REALLY are?

So: it's no wonder that 'my uncle said' or 'my friend said' or 'see see the cars must be good, see how many others are buying them' prevails in our car baazar.

Any economist worth his salt will tell you this is 'market failure' borne of missing/unreliable/assymmetric information.

George Akerlof rightly won the nobel prize for his work along these lines (esp the famous paper called 'The market for Lemons' which focussed on car markets) but we in India, as usual, don't want to learn from the past errors of other, older countries, and will probably never have the regulators or government collecting and disseminating any data about cars at all, other than fictitious ARAI fuel efficiency ones of course.

Or making SIAM and the automakers share their secret data publicly? What REALLY is the failure rate of alternators on the new Honda city, or new Honda diesels' exorbitant proneness/vulnerability to 'hydrostatic lock' numbers please?! Or failed airbags on Toyota-s? Or Failed steering columns and/or AC units on the last i20, whose reputation was so (falsely) good for 'quality' and 'reliability' that the new one was destined to be a hit, no? Or hopelessly un-functional brakes on Maruti Swift diesels?

Sorry! Just had to get on this 'hobby horse' of mine: that the Japs and the Korean are getting away with automotive murder in this market....and are being paid all-too-well for it too!:mad::p;)
  8. srinivaschandalada

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    4-2-2015 (1).jpg 4-2-2015 (1).jpg I use a 16 gb pen drive in my punto, with many folders that cater to the different tastes of my family, I have been using the voice commands from the past 4 years in my punto which works perfectly. its just that I have got used to it and find is uneasy using the buttons on the steering , which opens a number of menus and sub menus to finally get what you want in the avventura. The voice control is the same as the punto as shown in the blue and me manual but it doesn't work. I thing is must be software issues.Now some updates on my avvey. I have crossed the 2000 kms mark. the car has smoothened out. The spare wheel cover is quiet on most roads, but on continuous broken tarmac where there are 1 to 2 inches of top layer missing in continuous patches the cover vibrates and squeaks. I have over come this problem up to 80 % but sticking another layer of rubber tape over the tape already provided , all round the inner lip of the cover. The mileage had increased to 21.4 kmpl, I pulled over to take a snap which took a minute or so when it reduced to 21 kmpl.
  9. santoshmandali

santoshmandali Amatore

Bengaluru, Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Congratulations on your new car... Now you have Turbo Automotives in Vijayawada for Sales & Service...
    Jagan Mohan Reddy likes this.
  10. srinivaschandalada

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    20150514_104544.jpg 20150514_104529.jpg 20150514_104536.jpg 20150514_104551.jpg
    I am really enjoying my car, I have added a few accessories available from fiat itself. I have added mud flaps, rear tail light, rear view mirror and head lights chrome inserts . I find these chrome fittings sold by fiat really solid and neatly finished, the cost also is on the steeper side.