1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

my pearl white avvey

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by srinivaschandalada, Nov 30, 2014.

1. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    @srinivaschandalada

It was pleasure meeting you and thanks for sharing the information with us on your ownership experiences of Fiat cars right from Uno, Palio, GP Epack and the new Avvy.

Look forward for a few more snaps.

Once again, happy moments and happy and safe miles.
    Rohan, Ganges and prabhjot like this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Your Avvy is as beautiful as East Godavari greenary andi(Sir).
    One day I want to stop on Godavari bridge in my punto.I wish my dream come true.Yes wanna taste the sweet Kakinada Kajaloo.

Enjoy your drive.Happy Miles.
    nbvcrao likes this.
  3. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    now more updates on my avventura, The D.I.S. display is much larger and information much more legible, the name and other details of the song playing appears on the large stereo screen, which wasn't the case of the old punto where it was displayed on the D.I.S.(in case of pen drive). The average consumption in my 75 bhp punto reads 18.7 on a mixed drive cycle, and 16.9 on the avventura on more or less the same drive cycle. I expect this to increase once I cross the 5000 kms mark. I have set the speed reminder to 70 kmph. I feel like I am driving in the clouds with the tyres making mince meat of the huge potholes.
    I received a call from fiat that there was a fault with the windows media device and wiring in all the avventuras and would be receiving a new media device and a small circuit board which will be replaced. And yesterday received a call from A.V.motors that the parts are ready. I have placed an order for a body cover and mud flaps as the meaty tyres makes her quite dirty.

20141213_130414.jpg

13-12-2014,new car to annavaram (4).jpg

avventura,  9-12-2014 (1).jpg

new car,2-12-2014 (2).jpg
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Terrific, looks as 'hot'-and-'tough' as the orange and the tan Avventura-s. Thanks for the pics.

Am glad Fiat's doing this 'recall' promptly and without fuss. It should NOT have happened in the first place though, even if the Maruti Ciaz has a similar issue with its media player interface leading to many months' delay in deliveries.

It does ride sublimely, it seems, just like a crossover should!

enjoy
    cassini likes this.
  5. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    was this en route to Annavaram for puja?

Do post pics of the media device which is going to be replaced.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    You still insist on calling it Teflon coating. Why are you helping spreading this myth.. :mad: I mentioned before about it and yet you insist, why?

BTW, congrats for buying the AVVY.

Dear Fellow TFIans there is no TEFLON coating possible and a good explanation is provided here in this quote...
    Please refrain from SCAMSTERS or people selling anything under the name of TEFLON coating.

//Teflon CANNOT be applied on cars- this is a technical fact. For Teflon to be applied to any surface, it has to be heated to a very high temperature and then bond, and at that temperature the car plastics will melt!

What is the right thing to do is apply a surface protection which local guys claim to contain "Telfon"

Around the WORLD experts say the same- there is NOTHING called Teflon coat for cars.

Now what is needed is a protection- but NOTHING will last unles taken care of. Even then nothing lasts more than 3-4 months in our conditions. If you pour water EVERYDAY and wash the car, NO coating around the world can withstand.

What i have learnt through losing money and getting conned is that one needs a protection every 3-4 months- usually synthetic or acrylic sealants can give that. I learnt and did for my OWN cars and understand how this works.

Please do NOT get conned by dealers offering Teflon etc, they use a cheap GLAZE paste that is not even worth a few hundreds and that is a waste of money in our conditions.//

shared from post no. 33 on carwale -- http://www.carwale.com/forums/969-is-teflon-coating-necessary-for-car-p4.html#post235143. Right below @J Ravi Sir's post on same thread. :)

Kindly explain how this sounds illogical to anyone, I am eager to learn.
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @srinivaschandalada , please post pics of your white avvey, with doors open exposing the interiors & exteriors simultaneously, I just want to see how the onlookers are gonna find the colour complementation whenever the owner alights or sits inside .
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Tornado

I will say this: i prefer the textured-leather-like material they've used on the dashboard of the Avventura to the slightly bling-y/shiny beige fabric wrap on my new Linea.

I don't think its colour (grey) has any clashing or resonating to do with the brown art-leather-cum-fabric. Afterall: most of us have gotten seat covers that are often slightly or very different to the colours and materials used on the dash, no? Seat colours and materials are totally for the driver and passengers, not for onlookers, i would say?

Having said that: i suppose that grey texture leather part of the Avventura dash could have been in a beige or say a tan hue?

It's an aesthetic choice one makes: some like just ONE colour inside (black!) from dash to seats, others prefer a variety of shapes, materials and colours? Me, I'd prefer the Fiat 500-style of body coloured plastic on this very part of the dash. An orange dash (in part only!) to go with the orange of the body of the Avventura, for eg, would've been very funky, though perhaps is bit too much for most in our market to stomach!?
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    You are spot on prabhjyot, I just wanted to see how will the color combo look if I happen to own a Avventura as my father said that better to go with white color (for resale value!) And none of us has seen white avvey in flesh also there are no pics available on net also (White Exteriors & interiors simultaneously)
    Anyways, I personally feel white, black & grey combo must be looking great but felt that the brown door insert might look out of sync. But if that's the only problem for me then I might get the insert replaced by some other eg. Grey (like the dash) or orange (matching with ambient light ) if I happen to go for white avvey till then I am just an onlooker.
  10. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    @Tornado

I had personally seen the car and had interacted with @srinivaschandalada.

The test drive car was Orange. But his Pearl White Avvy was really amazing. The Pearl white is a metallic shade unlike BNW. You can see small silver dots when keenly observed which highlight the car.

Interiors are more pleasing in the Pearl White Avvy than in the Orange.