1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

my pearl white avvey

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by srinivaschandalada, Nov 30, 2014.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Congrats on the buy. Happy miles crunching
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @srinivaschandalada

Heartiest Congratulations. The third Avventura ownership thread on the forum, hope the number to increase substantially in the coming days. No ownership thread is complete without pic, hope you will upload them as soon as possible. What variant of Avventura did you pick up?

Would suggest to skip the teflon coating option and instead go for the paint protection if offered by the dealer.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Congrats @srinivaschandalada. Before taking delivery do check spare wheel lock mechanism. People are facing issues with it and few of them changed the cable under warrenty.

Please share your buying experience and lots of photos of Avventura.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Congratulations in advance
    Wish you a happy ownership :)
  5. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    congrts man!! happy to see one more Avventura thread :)
  6. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations! Drive safe!!
  7. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    YE
    Yes I am Kakinada proper. popular auto has done a wonderful job and delivered my car after 18 days of booking. I will have to pay 2500 to 5000 rs extra depending on the mood of the person at the tax counter. I have not yet paid that amount .I will let you know once I do. There are other customers who paid 4500 rs extra to the sales tax dept for punto evos . Don't worry every thing is handled by popular.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 7, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 7, 2014 ---
    20141201_102937.jpg 20141202_114337.jpg 20141206_095059.jpg

I took delivery of my avventura on December 1st 2014 at 4:20 PM. I need not tell you the feelings within when I saw my pearl white Teflon coated shining car ready to be delivered. Apart from the Teflon coating I added a new set of floor mats, a steering cover, a perfume gel , film for the windows with a 70 % visibility rating and last but not the least a small idol of lord ganesha and shiva, on the dash. Oh I forgot four lemons under the tyres and three tied to the front grill. There was an orange avventura and a punto evo active black ready for delivery. I clearly remember many passing by drivers slowing down to have a glance at these stunning beasts . There were a few sudden brakes too by some jealous passer-by's. Now let me share my experiences in my ownership of 5 days.
    Firstly the car is strikingly beautiful and has a bold and rugged stance, at the same time not missing out on the Italian curves. The car is very silent inside practically no engine noise. the gear shifts are much smoother than my diesel punto ,You are naturally seated much higher than the punto due to the higher GC, There is more leg room in the rear, and the rear a/c vent is a very good addition since I can set the fan levels much lower which was not the case in my punto where the front passengers froze and hairdresses were disturbed to get the rear passengers cool. The A/C compressor condenser fan is very silent and vibrations also much lower than the punto which was really loud. And one thing I particularly hate in my punto is the greyish silver powder coated Audio and a/c knobs and controls which faded to white on constant usage, well that has been taken care of , now it is all black plastic.The ambient lighting look cool when on,
    I think there must have made minor changes to the gear box ratios which has resulted a slightly better drive and pickup. The rear wheel really makes the car very aggressive and bold. There were some reports of noise and vibrations from the spare wheel setup, which is all trash, make sure all the grooves of the cover are mated. The headlights throw is much better than the punto, but sadly is still insufficient, you will feel the urge to use the fog lights if you want to make a quick getaway .The headlights should have been designed to accommodate four bulbs, like all other car makers. The rear lights are too good to be true. The led brake light is really attractive and gives the car a 50 lakh + car look from the rear when on. The interiors are really up market and are not cheap looking. The bottle holders in the door are welcome but will with difficult accommodate a 500 ml water bottle. you have no cubby holes or small trays to place your mobile phones which is a drawback. The glove box has a light and a slow motion opening mechanism which is upmarket. I personally felt the seats should have been all leather, but instead there is a fabric insert in the center .

Now the shocking part is with the media player . The speakers really sounded nice with a rich bass unlike the very cheap speakers provided in the punto. I had to change the speakers in my punto which wasn't necessary in the avventura . I was enjoying the music when every now and then the source kept changing from usb to radio to cd and back to usb. I thought the usb slot was loose but it wasn't the case . This was really annoying ,after a couple of days I noticed that whenever I used the horn the source would change from usb to radio and when I honk it would change to cd, and the cycle would go on. At first I thought the wires were all mixed up in the steering wheel, I went to the showroom and I tried my usb on two new avventuras to find the same problem. We came to the conclusion it was a defect is present in all avventuras. We send off a mail to fiat india. The music system is unusable in this situation where it keeps changing sources when horn pressed. The second defect is that the windows voice control cannot recognise commands like folders, genre , artists and albums. I am not new to these commands and operations since I have been using my punto epack since 3.5 years where everything works perfectly.
    Another thing I noticed was the speedo meter readings are no as clear and legible as the old punto, it takes a couple of seconds to know the speed you are travelling at. And secondly the steering obstructs your view of the speedometer. You may have to compromise on you steering height settings to have an unobstructed view of the speedo. The drive quality is the same as the 2012 punto which is very good and sturdy but it is a little bit harder than the 2010 and 11 models .
    To sum up it is a giant leap in all aspects, and had all qualities of a leader, and hope fiat gets this audio problem sorted out before selling more cars . who says I am selling my punto I shall keep both and axe my indica which I bought with a very purpose it had a fiat heart . I will upload exclusive photos of my new possession later, these are snaps hurriedly taken due to lack of time.[/ATTACH]
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    Shrijit, bharath, Ravi and 6 others like this.
  8. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Congrats.. mate.. wish you happy miles ahead. I think lot of fiat lovers are there in kakinada. Why cant you people meet and share us your beautiful experiences..:)
  9. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    Wow... That's a nice choice... Hello Life...;)
  10. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats buddy and welcome to Avvy club. For the music system issue, please visit service center. Fiat recognizes this is due due to earthing problem and a fix is available. I was facing the same issue and it took 15 mins to fix this. Wish you many happy miles with your Avvy!!
    Tornado, cassini and prabhjot like this.