1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Pearl Beauty, Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by pra.agar, Mar 27, 2014.

1. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    You got it right sidd, this is a fuel cut off reset switch.

BTW, this was explained to me when dealers of FIAT made similar visit.

Nice to know that this info is useful, this is just the beginning :), even, I have been learning new features on my machine till date.
  2. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Keep sharing the new info Naruf, we all would love to checkout.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  3. meples

meples Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    :confused: The current average in my car is 10.3 ( As per odometer) which went down from 11.8 in my last drive. Is there something wrong or this is normal for new cars? What all instructions do you ppl follow to get good average?[/QUOTE]

Hi,

10.3/4 is the average that 1.2 gives in city. But could it be because of your tires? (Just asking, the experts here might be able to give an answer). I drive a 1.2 myself and the best figure I have got in the city is 11.6 :) As others have said here and elsewhere, it would improve with time (after 5k kms or so).

BTW, could you share your experience about your new tires? I'm thinking of upgrading to Michelin XM2 (185/70 R 14).
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    With respect to grip on road it's too good. Zero noise from tyres. Comfort drives on curves and gone 800 kms and very satisfied. And if I'm not wrong upgrading to 185/75 r14 XM2 is -0.81% from stock tyres, so it won't affect your mileage at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. meples

meples Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks for sharing your experience :) Btw, I feel you could change the mudflaps :) Go for the genuine Fiat plastic mudflaps. They look much better on the car.
  6. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    I know dude. It came free from the car dealers. Damn cheap quality. Have to change it :(

7. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The initial milage of my car was 8KMPL, then you need to adjust your driving style to get most from a FIAT.
    Also you can use the 'Instantaneous Consumption' feature to adjust the driving style. Also the first and second gear are really short, but fun begins with 3rd.
    However 2nd gear can be used to drive in traffic, steep inclines etc there is enough power with a slight tap of the accelerator.
    You can drive at varying RPMs and don't stick to a fixed one.

After 5K there will be considerable change in the car's behavior or its just a mental state that you have completely adjusted to the car.
    Regarding the fuel consumption, Now I am getting 11-12KMPL in city traffic and 14+ on highway with full time a/c and four adults on-board.

Rajeev
    2 people like this.
  8. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks Rajeev,
    Now I've got adjusted and see a good pickup. I started using the IC from yesterday and can get a pretty good knowledge on when the consumption decreases and increases. Regarding the RPM I do not maintain a fixed one but trying not to cross 2.5 -3K and currently my odometer displays 10.5 kmpl. After switching to shell I see some improvement.

~Prateek

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  9. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Good. One more thing to add, never idle the car for a longer period. Turn ignition off, idling increases the consumption.

regards,
    Rajeev
    1 person likes this.
  10. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks Rajeev. Only at signal at this hot weather to keep the AC on else I usually turn off the ignition.