1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Pearl Beauty, Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by pra.agar, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Fiat1100

Fiat1100 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Congrats, welcome to TFI. Njoy driving.
    1 person likes this.
  2. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    My Beauty just received her duster. She seems super excited. Some random clicks.

uploadfromtaptalk1396619147282.jpg

Unpacking
    uploadfromtaptalk1396619176578.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396619192654.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  3. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Hi All,
    I was driving the other day and as I mentioned before I didn't notice much power when on second gear, but upon a little more acceleration not crossing 2.5K I could notice a little good pickup. Is that suggested? Can I accelerate a little more than usual?

Second I usually turn off AC when I turn off the engine at traffic signals. But at this hot weather I want it to be ON and for that I've to keep the engines running. Can I turn off the engine and still keep the AC running, as I hear this days the AC are no more connected to Engine like the Old days. Please advice.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  4. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I think they are still connected to the engine.
    This is the case with my alto k10. Not sure of how it is in the punto, but i think it must be the same.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sidd

sidd Amatore

delhi
    the AC isn't connected to engine, just turn the key to MAR position though it is not recommended as it will effect the battery may lead to complete discharge of battery
    1 person likes this.
  6. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    :) Wow, Yesterday got a call from Ebony/Aadya Sales person to set-up a meet with one of their guys at my doorstep, to explain things I need to know and ask my doubts if any. This was very helpful. He explained me the
    1) Service process.
    2) Warranty
    3) All the warning lights.
    4) Fluid checks.
    5) Tyres pressure
    6) Any issues I encountered.
    7) Showed how to do a double fold on rear seats.

Doubts I asked and the reply I got.
    1) For the problem I mentioned I'd Diesel instead of petrol filled in my tank, will that create any issues and was cleaning the tank only process.
    Ans) Yes, that's the best process to be sure and drying the tank is must. If the Ignition was not ON, then nothing to worry about.

2) How much speed and RPM should I maintain to get good average.
    Ans) He could not clarify to that extend( NOT SATISFIED by his reply), but he said as its a new car you cannot expect much at starting, after first service (5000 KM) you can expect more. Their is no speed limit as of, and I asked him what RPM should I maintain but he wasn't much aware of that.

3) Few time's I accelerate a little more and can hear the Engine noise ( In 1st and 2nd Gear), Is that OK ?
    Ans) As for you car it takes time to adjust the Clutch and Acceleration thing so its fine. But not much as it may hamper the clutch plate and the average of the vehicle may go down.

4) My Front and Rear Wiper water sprinklers were not working.
    Ans) He showed me were to fill the water ( Under the hood, Front Right Corner) and found that the pipe connection was not done properly so had a leakage.

5) Can I keep the AC running when Ignition is OFF?
    Ans) When the ignition is OFF, only blower works, AC won't work until the Ignition is back to ON state. But it is suggested not to use the Blower too because it may eat up the battery.

Maintaining an RPM of 2.5K (3K only few times) and Speed of 40 - 100 KM ( set the warning in my car).
    :confused: The current average in my car is 10.3 ( As per odometer) which went down from 11.8 in my last drive. Is there something wrong or this is normal for new cars? What all instructions do you ppl follow to get good average?
    1 person likes this.
  7. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Great to hear that they are responsible enough to come to your place and explain about the car :) These kind of gestures will increase Fiats brand image :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  8. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    1 person likes this.
  9. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Ya sidd, It effects the battery that's what the FASS ppl said.

- - - Merged Post - - -

It was a surprise to me. They were carrying a feedback form as well, so that FIAT can know if things were addressed or not. Too Good!
    This kind of drive will surely put Fiat in good names. Not sure if other car brands also do such kinda drive.

- - - Merged Post - - -

No naruf1, No such Info was shared. This seems very important info, not sure how they missed it. Thanks!
    1 person likes this.
  10. sidd

sidd Amatore

delhi
    no such info was shared with me s well, is this the system where the engen cuts off and doesn't start again at the time of an accident until you press the switch under the dashboard?