1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Pearl Beauty, Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by pra.agar, Mar 27, 2014.

1. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Do I need to do pollution check for my new car. Read somewhere for a new car at least till a year not required. How about Bangalore traffic rules? Apart from RC xerox and Insurance xerox do I need to keep any other documents in the car?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  2. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    It is possible to get petrol car pollution for one year, these days, for 150 INR, at least here in Delhi. Rules can be easily bent to the policemans advantage if he is in a foul mood. So better to have the document with you.
    1 person likes this.
  3. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    True. I think I will get it done.
  4. Scorpioman

Scorpioman Novizio

India
    A paint sealant is not a lamination. It is a sealant ( like wax ) that protects the paint from ultraviolet rays and also does not allow contaminants to bond with your paint thus keeping your paint in a better condition. It is very similar to wax but is polymer based. It will also add extra shine to the car and make for easier cleaning.

The lamination you are referring to is a Paint Protection Film ( PPF ) available at 3M. If you have a budget for that it can be put on your RVM and bumpers as those are likely places that get scratched and the PPF does help to an extent. I am not sure what the exact price of this is per square foot but you can check and decide whether putting that or painting the panel is cheaper and then take a call.

I would not use PPF on a light colour car as it tends to discolour with time and you will notice it especially on white. It gets kinda yellow.
    1 person likes this.
  5. antony1405

antony1405 Novizio

Chennai
    That's right scorpioman... The PPF is charged at Rs.532(including tax) per sq feet in 3M ... I recently did for my Linea T-Jet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Rate here in Pune is 489/ sqft. I put it on my OB TJET rear bumpers sides and orvms. Costed me 10K approx
    1 person likes this.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congratulations,Nice pics of your Pearl White baby,
    Enjoy the drive
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No need for Pollution certificate for first year.
    Keep road tax xerox as well.
    2 people like this.
  9. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks for the brief info. Currently I park my car under shed most of the time and hardly drive 100 km a week, so I think I won't go for any of this right now. Near future may think of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  10. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks Ravi. Will keep the road tax xerox as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk