1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Pearl Beauty, Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by pra.agar, Mar 27, 2014.

1. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Well lets start from the beginning. Upon deciding that I wanted to go for a Hatchback, I short-listed 3 models Polo, i20, and Punto. My First preference was i20 and my Dad preferred Punto. As he knows a lot about Auto-mobiles I decided to go for Punto.

Now the task was to talk to the dealers. I picked two of them to get a better deal and based to nearest locality from My Office or Home. Finally based on the deals provided with almost was same except for the free accessories, I opted to go with Ebony Auto-mobiles Pvt. Ltd ( Aadya Motors), CBI Road, Bangalore. Upon discussion on the pricing, discounts and freebies(will list it below) with the sales person Rupa and her manager Maheshwari, I booked the vehicle on 26 Feb, 2014. For selection of Model and colour TFI was of the best help.

The Car had arrived on 2 March and I made a request on doing a PDI, so they scheduled it on 6 March. Check for my PDI report on below link.
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat...ific-pdi-v3-0-new-format-5.html#post841896550

During PDI I noticed that the Reverse Parking sensors that they we suppose to install are black in color and I wanted White. So they suggested they would paint it but with additional cost. Had a talk with Their Sales Manager, Maheshwari and She agreed to do it for free of cost. Believe me the Customer Experience was Outstanding with them. They considered all my requested and made sure it was taken care.

Finally the Day had arrived 11 March, My Pearl Beauty was all waiting. Took the delivery at 4PM. They Explained me all the necessary thing and few which I missed was answered in TFi as always ;) Did the Paper work and after all the wait, the Brand New Fiat Punto Keys were in my Hand. Wow! That first feel you get is awesome. Can't express in words :) and need not because all of you have experienced it for sure.

The First thing I did after that was, change the Stock Tyres to Michelin 185/70 R14 tyres from Madhu's. They gave me a good deal. Old Tyres : Rs 2300, New Tyres : Rs 4900, Nitro + Balancing : Rs 500. Took about 40 Minutes and it was all ready. As the Pooja was scheduled for 12 March early morning, took it for pooja and there it was all ready to hit the roads.

Have drove it to about ~450 Kms, the drive was Mind blowing. Spacious, No Engine/Tyres sounds, best in performance. Before the purchase I thought I would as well change the ICE, but for using it for quite a while I'm happy with it, and I think I can survive the CD thing and the Sound quality it delivers for a year or so.
    The only disappointment is I don't see much of a pick-up in 2nd gear in Speed bumps and traffics lights. As my Dad's Santro and Honda City deliver pretty good in 2nd gear. And the Factory delivered Smell in the Car :( :p

One Bad experience : Yesterday I'd been to HP Petrol Bunk, the person there filled Diesel instead of Petrol. Upon noticing the sign, I stopped the person and kept my Car in STOP state (had experienced this same issue in my cousins car and I remember the point mentioned NOT TO START the car in ANY CASE, else the job doubles) till the tank was all clear. A local mechanic did it pretty well for Rs 450. Had no choice :(
    I usually fill from Shell but based on some reviews and my friends experienced he suggested not to always fill with SHELL as the Octane level is not as per Indian Car standards in SHELL and we should keep changing once in a while to others, So I opted for HP :( Please do share your experience or views.

Accessories provided ( Freebies )
    Car Cover
    Ganesha Idol
    Car Perfume ( was local one, didn't like at all :( )
    Reverse Parking Sensor ( With White color paint job done on it )
    Floor Mats and Mud Flaps

Accessories bought
    Car Perfume ( I bought CARMATE Musk Rs 550 and Godrej Aer Rs 325 ) Please do share any of your Favourites.
    Anti Skid Pad ( Rs 200 )
    In Car Tissues
    Jaguar Key Chain

Yet to do/get:
    3M Paint Sealant, Is it required ?
    3M Under Body Quoting.
    Sonax Shampoo and Wax ( Need Suggestion, where to buy one ?) Is sonax good? Looking for the Best.
    Cloth to clean the Car ( Need Suggestion, which and where to buy one ?)
    Mobile Holder and Charger ( Need Suggestion, which and where to buy one ?) Looking for good quality and best price.
    Seat Covers, I like the one provided. Suggestions please.

Price:
    On Road Price : Rs 6,49,622 ( After Excise Duty reduced ) Bangalore

Discount:
    Rs 50,000 ( Exchange Bonus )
    Rs 20,445 ( Insurance )
    Rs 1500 ( Basic Acces )
    Rs 3500 ( RSA, didn't opt as of no use )
    Rs 6629 ( Extended Warranty )
    Rs 5000 ( Corporate Discount )

Pics

IMG_20140324_190632.jpg

IMG_20140324_190658.jpg

IMG_20140324_190712.jpg

At last Thanks to the TFI team. It really made my decision easy talking to you people :)
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Nice pics buddy!! Whats the average you are getting?

Happy Riding!!
    1 person likes this.
  3. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    It displays 11.3 !
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratualtions once again.
    :upGood choice. Is it XM2??
    Shell Petrols are normally better and chances of adulteration is pretty less.
    For Petrol, even filling Super Petrol, sometimes, is good idea.

For Seat Cover, check this thread - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/interiors/187-seat-cover-thread-everything-you-want-enquire-about.html
    3M Paint sealant is useful, though bit costly. Underbody you can skip.

Enjoy your Punto.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats on your pearl beauty. Enjoy your ride

Drive safe.
    1 person likes this.
  6. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Yes :)

Will keep that in Mind. But from Now on NO more other petrol pump. Bad Experience :(

Thanks will check that tonite :)

I thought Under Body thing is must. Does the factory one comes with some kinda protection under body?
    Paint Sealant is just like a lamination on the paint, right? I think I will go for it in 1 or 2 months :)
  7. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    My 2 Cents!!
    FUEL: Shell its always for me, i do change to HP or indian oil rarely in case i could not reach out to shell. Will experience the difference within minutes. Shell always gave me better pickup than Indian OIl, HP is little better.

Under body Coat: The SA guys will ask us to do it, but after lots of reading i found its no essential, I did for mine though :(. now repenting, because our ground clearance pretty good. I scrapped only once my underbody so far in my 1+ year drive that too because of my carelessness. Save these 4k bucks !!

Pickup: Just wait for the engine to settle down. Then pickup would be pretty good. May be u can try my punto :) once !, u will feel the difference. I always had this worry for nearly 6 months, now i am pretty comfortable, i notice lots of change
    2 people like this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Only for coastal areas, this can be added, else this is not must.
    By default, there is some protection from rust, and covered under warranty. Do read manual once.
    It is not lamination as such, but does protech paint from harsh weather etc. from fading.
    I think they provide some packages, and I think it lasts more than 1-2 months.
    I don't have much details, as I never used this service myself, but you can visit HSR Layout and I hope they will explain you and then you can decide to go ahead or not.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome with FIAT, The more you drive, The more you will be moved to it, Its for sure, Guarantee
    1 person likes this.
  10. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Reading Manual is one big thing for me. But have got the same advice twice so I will for sure read it now. :)

Ya will get the details from 3M and share.

Thanks Mate :) I'm loving the Drive for sure. And my cousin who drives SWIFT has already asked for a weeks exchange :) All my family members were why FIAT, but after they had a drive they no longer had the same Q :evilsmile

- - - Merged Post - - -

I too prefer SHELL and have been using it from long time in all my other Vechile. But wanted to check the mileage, if HP would increase it. But with this incident I think I will always go to SHELL from now on :evilsmile

Ya the ground clearance is pretty good. But I was more concerned for RAINY season, will it create RUST in those Season.

I would love to drive it, may be when we have a next Bangalore Meet-up and hope mine too will get settled :)
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014