1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Palio successor - Linea T jet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Shri1972, Dec 9, 2013.

1. bandoo

bandoo Timido

PUNE
    Congratulations Shri1972! NPW and Absolute , a good choice...
  2. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Pune
    Thanks !!

Shrinivas Patil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Pune
    @Sree (bsrej) that's a nice coincidence . So both bitten by the Fiat bug !!! Great!!

Shrinivas Patil

4. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thats true, after driving the Palio for more than 6 years it was tough to like another car :). I tried hard to move away from FIAT but finally fell to T Jet. And T Jet is an apt replacement for Palio :-D
  5. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Pune
    Today , had been to 3M care car shop at Apte Road , Pune. The timing of the shop , stated on the website was 9 am to 9 pm . Reached at 9:15 am. Had to wait for almost 30 min until the front office executive and the centre owner arrived.
    They were very courteous . The owner, Yogesh Kulkarni mentioned about many TFIans visiting the centre. He advised paint sealant treatment , underbody treatment and the windscreen film . I was bit reluctant for the film but changed my mind when he demonstrated the effect . They have an apparatus which helps to differentiate the impact . I also opted for the 3M mats. The advantage of these matts is that they trap the dust and do not allow it to spread unlike the other matts. So one more item from the " Absolute" package became redundant and got deposited in the boot along with the door visor.
    I also opted for the annual package which comprises 5 washes, 1 coat, 2 internal cleaning etc.
    While my car was being groomed , 2 gentlemen dropped and were glued , staring and admiring the car. They saw me and approached for more information about the car , the variants available . I was pleased to learn that someone wants yo know more about Fiat !!
    So shared all details with them , asked them to have the feel by sitting inside. They were mesmerised !! They said that they would like to give a try as they were planning to buy a Duster for its boot size !!
    Overall experience at 3M was good. They pay attention to details and of a professional job . Some snaps ;
    je5yjube.jpg
    Car being washed
    y2agapys.jpg
    Getting ready for underbody treatment
    beve7y6e.jpg
    External treatment in progress
    3ehahujy.jpg
    Back home from Spa

Shrinivas Patil

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    3 people like this.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Can you please upload pictures of Mats.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Go to any corporate office and you will find these mats. It is the same rubberised mat that is used as a door mat in a lot of places. It does trap the dirt and keeps the surface looking clean, but can be a real pain to clean, as getting the trapped dirt out is not a very easy job. Also, it was extremely overpriced in 3M outlets here in Bangalore. The same 3M mats were available for about 50% of the price online from emahendra.

It might be suitable for the boot, but I would not recommend use inside the cabin, especially if one has kids. Dropped food particles can act as rat magnets and can rot and stink the car up. IMHO, these are not suitable for closed spaces.

Rajan

Disclaimer - I have nothing against 3M and use a lot of their products, which are top notch quality. This post is purely my point of view.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ohh I think you are talking noodles mats. If I am correct then yes these are useless and if someone really wants it then he can buy it from any hardware shop for Rs xx/sqft and damn cheap rate than 3M.
  9. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Pune
    Hi Kedar and Rajan,

Not sure whether these are noodle matts but yes these are quite similar to the ubiquitous door Matt . Though these have been duplicated by others , the 3M one is unique in an aspect that it traps dust and you can dust it too , wash also . I had checked some technical details and demo from 3M earlier when I was checking their suitability for clean room applications . When it boils down to price , I do feel that 3M is overpriced .

Shrinivas Patil

10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12