1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Own Jet - Linea T-Jet Plus BNW

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by T-Jetter, Jan 25, 2012.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Buddy,what that guy was smoking when you took the car over there for earlier inspection? How one can change statements like that for a Rs. 11 lakh car. That's highly irresponsible. I think you should take up with FIAT/Dealership top officials & make an issue out of it. You just can't trust these service advisers. Moreover, Linea's sheet is very sturdy & will make denter's work out their heart to mouth. I can't convince myself for such an extensive denting job for a brand new car.I would advise you to go for body parts replacement under insurance. Even if you go for denting job, i can easily make out rs. 15000-20000 of amount at least (denting, painting etc) which is more or less not a cheaper option. Better to go for replacement with original parts & have peace of mind. I think there are many more experienced Linea owners here who can comment on this.

@Gurjinder: you surely can contribute here.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @T-jetter

Does the boot open and close normally or have the boot mounts on the car body (not the boot lid ones) been affected by the impact.

Also, did you try and pop the dent on the bumper by hand? Try it ; the dent should pop out ( A similar one popped out on our Palio's rear bumper). And then gauge the level of damage on the bumper. If it is cracked, then it is bye bye Mr. Bumper.
  3. T-Jetter

T-Jetter

Mangalore
    @gurjinder
    The boot opens closes normally, the boot mounts on the body are not damaged, the damage is just limited as seen in the pic. The damage is at the edge where the boot meets tail lamp

Took opinion from local body shop repair and he was of the opinion that any denting job will not be as good as original (Fiat cars are difficult) and his opinion was to change the boot, the quote was 11K excluding the tail lamp.

Have decided to change the boot, bumper & tail lamp as i will be claiming insurance. Talked to TASC worshop manger and hes confirmed new boot will be available iin 3 days ... so the wait begins.

Thanks everyone, i am really happy to be part of the forum
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Good. That was better than expected from TASS. Restore is asap & post the pics.
    Take care.