1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Own Jet - Linea T-Jet Plus BNW

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by T-Jetter, Jan 25, 2012.

1. T-Jetter

T-Jetter

Mangalore
    It was October 2011 was on a lookout for a sedan. I have been using a hyundai i10 for 3 years as my city runabout .The requirments were that the sedan would be petrol powered as my running is low, good ride, handling, strong build and a comfortable rear seat. Started my research on net and the contenders were City, Verna, Fiesta & Linea in that order. Took the test drive of all the cars and have expressed my views.

Honda City:
    The test drive car was in very good conditon, very nice and refined engine, good gearbox and felt really at ease driving the city, The equipment list compared to the other cars was sparse. There was a discount of 70K but the deal bearker was with 3 people onboard the car scraped at 3 places at slow speeds.

Hyundai verna:
    The test drive car was in very good condition, nice looking car, good equipment list , refined engine & smooth gearbox and easy to drive. Took it on the highway and the road manners were similar to the i10, on slight uneven roads it moves back & forth like a rocking boat, steering felt very light at speeds and u get the floating feeling thanks to the supsension setup. Overall a nice car but not the package i was looking for.

New Ford Fiesta:
    Got a diesel fiesta for the test drive, car was in good condition, gearbox was very bad on the car, had a hard time slotting in 1st & 2nd gears, Build quality was good, good equpiment list, Nice ride and handling, heavy steering at speed even though its an EPS, The rear seat backrest was straight which makes it uncomfortable, leg space at the rear was also at a premium and the price was also on the higher side and no discounts

Fiat Linea:
    Had my eyes on the T-jet Plus as there was a 1.3L offer at the time. Took the test drive, It was a new test drive car with 300kms on the odo, Found the driving a bit difficult initially compared to the other cars but liked the planted feel and the steering, engine is refined and smooth gearbox, solid build of the car and the feature list was gud.

After the test drive still only Linea T-jet meets my requirements, but was still not convinced went for another test drive this time a long one, was more comfortable, was actually enjoying the drive and a look at the speedo which was showing 140 was a suprise and i couldnt feel the speed. Really good ride, handling, comfortable rear seat, planted feel and responsive steering at speeds.

T-jet plus it had to be, finalised on Bossa Nova White and booked my Jet on 22nd October from Auto-Matrix, Instructed the Sales Advisor to give me the VIN as soon as the bookin was made. Informed her that i will be doing the PDI and only then the full payment will be done. Delivery was to be in November 2nd week as i had to go out of station.
    After 3 days they send me the VIN no and it reads April 2011, i call up SA and ask him to cancel the booking, Send a mail to Fiat, after 4 days i get a reply from the Regional Manager from Bangalore saying that they can provide the April 2011 model as its first in first out in the warehouse and he assured me its a brand new car and that any problem will be taken care. and also offers me the extended warranty free. I agree and the booking is done on 31st October.

Took the delivery on 10th November after i was satisfied with the PDI. Have done 800kms now and i am very happy with my jet.
  2. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    Congrats!! I took delivery of my T-Jet on the same day as well. Only mine has done close to 3000 kms now.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Welcome to TFI and congrats for the getting one of the best engineered vehicle below 20 laks. Looking forward for the pictures of your jet.
  4. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Congrats and pics please.
    Confession: I have yet to do a writeup myself. Bought mine on the 23rd of October. 3k kms done so far.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Congrats and welcome to TFI! Pictures please..
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome aboard..

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    A nice write up,congrats,happy motoring
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Congrats on buying the best car available under 12 lacs today. Happy TJetting!!
  9. T-Jetter

T-Jetter

Mangalore
    Thanks everyone for the wishes.

Have attached a few pics
    DSC_0031_1.jpg DSC_0259_1.jpg DSC_0265_1.jpg
    5 people like this.
  10. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats T-jetter ,

Up to 120 - 140 you will not notice the speed what ure driving in TJET .Once you cross 140 you will say OMG I am at this speed WOW. and a :) in ur face.
    1 person likes this.