1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My New Tjet Tuscan Wine :-)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by tjet, Jul 19, 2011.

1. tjet

tjet Amatore

Linea T-Jet
    Dear Fiatians,

I am a proud Pilot of Tjet (Tuscan wine color). I got my jet delivered on 26th of June. I wanted to share my insight and the reason for zeroing on Tjet!

Firstly, I wish all TFIans a happy, hassle free and great driving/ flying (In case of Tjets).

Hunt for a new car:
    I owned Hyundai Verna SX CRDI and I enjoyed fast and safer driving since 2007. It had completed 70000 km run and I absolutely maintained it well. I sold it because I was bearing higher maintenance cost and fading looks and response!

I was unfortunately a fan of Honda City (Just for its looks) and thought that it was a mixture of beauty and best features. After a test drive, I found amazing Low quality interiors, Cycle Tyre like, Trashy sound after 3000 RPM, mainly lack of Climate Control and AC knobs which were a bit better than Alto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – I decided I could buy 3 Altos for the same money instead. Straight away lost respect and inclination towards HONDA Company!!!
    I would say Honda should reduce at least 2.5 lakhs else stop the production! Bad thing is that have strange people still buying it after Tjet is introduced! May be FIAT should do more to create better Brand awareness and Brand Image among people to make the selling superfluous else companies like Honda, Hyundai, Volkswagen etc… will take undue advantage of foolishness of Indian People!

Next, Fluidic – Verna CRDI and VTVT: Highly priced, HIGHEST maintenance cost among all cars in c+ segment, Insurance cost exceeding 30 - 35k per year, no corporate discount, no offers - Hyundai claims that their brand value comes down If they discount and demand is high as well! Hyundai sales people behavior is in such a way that they are selling a premium car like Audi/ BMW/ Mercedes. Hot-headed people!

Other cars included Vento and SX4 - was just in mind but was not in heart! Toyota Etios is just another modified AUTO Rickshaw. I wonder how Toyota thought of making such a cheap car (Not in terms of money but in terms of Quality )

My close friend and mentor (Skanda) who happens to be THE Powered cars aficionado took me for a test drive and I was absolutely stunned with POWER, HANDLING and BRAKING.
    I was only concerned about increasing petrol rates but he enlightened me about other costs including maintenance, insurance and cost of spares. Infact, he gave Metrics! Next morning, I told him that I am zeroing on Tjet. HandS UPPPPPP!!!

I also test drove MJD and I loved it but felt lower power at lower RPMs – My point is “when you invest 10 lakh INR for a car, it should have sufficient POWER and PICKUP else do not buy! “Nevertheless, MJD is a lovely car in terms of Minimized NVH, Price, handling, braking which is always great in FIAT. Thanks to FIAT J

I took my father and my wifey to the FIAT showroom and he straight away gave a GO!
    Wifey was extremely impressed with the smoothness of the clutch since I have knee pain which is due to Verna’s harder clutch L

Admiration Parameters:

1. Power: No need to tell anyone as the whole world is aware of Tjet’s power. Michael Schumacher is the brand ambassador for Tjet. How can Schumi drive an underpowered car?!!!!! ;-)
    2. Handling: Sturdiness is felt even on bad roads. Great suspension system. Plying on road humps doesn’t bump the car at all. I suffered with Verna’s smoother suspension system.
    3. Braking: All discs with ABS - EBD! Lovely braking even at higher speeds up to 120kmph – My try!
    4. Solidity: When we drive a car, we should feel SAFE and SECURE. Tjet is 20 Kg heavier than Linea MJD! Unbelievable. Thick and quality sheet metal.
    5. Mileage: My dad said “My dear son, if you want a status car – It’s only Tjet, you should not think about mileage”. He saw Honda City and said “It is only good to see as a HOTWHEEL toy car in showcase and your daughter will also not see it”. However, I consider mileage aspect as it bleeds my pocket!!!!!!!!! I am getting 10.4 in dense traffic condition with full time AC on
    6. Technology: All latest and best in class. I usually use Blue & Me!
    7. Interiors: Good quality and good old FIAT styling. We should get used to it. Lack of bottle holders is a hindrance but that’s ok and not a matter of concern at all.
    8. Exteriors: Big, Better, Butter! Stunning looks.
    9. Service and Spares: I went to concorde motors servicing center in Bangalore. FIAT cars have a separate service line and FIAT mechanics are different from TATA. Thank god. Spare parts are cheaper than any car in this segment (Overall). I am fed up of Hyundai’s costly spares! :firey
    10. Lights: Interior lighting is very elegant and Front Low beam is not good as you know.

Now, it’s been close to a month and 1000+ km run is completed. Got it alloyed with Stallion racing 15” for my 195 Tyres. I suffered vibration and wobbling initially but after consulting our FIAT Doctors in TFI, I got them fitted with Hub centric rings and now flying smoothly

As Pilots of Tjets, we need to recommend and advice people to own Tjets for better flying, safe flying and Great flying.

Need your wishes.

Thanks much.

Fly Tjet :D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Enjoyed reading it tjet, especially your views on other cars and your father's views on Honda City. :D

Enjoy the Jet!
  3. shams

shams Esperto

nice read tjet!! wishing you lots of happy miles with your jet!!
  4. tjet

tjet Amatore

Linea T-Jet
    Thank you Paaji and Shams :)

With your wishes.

Fly tjet :)
  5. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

congratulation bro...... Enjoy this T-Jet.......
    Jet's Pic Please !!
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  6. Sambikap

Sambikap Amatore

Congrats, tjet!! Have a safe and happy motoring!!!
  7. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Congrats Tjet! :) I do agree with the honda city experience! :)
  8. Excellent report TJet ! especially the way you and your dad described the Honda toy car ( City).

Please post some pictures of your beauty.

Happy Motoring. Drive safe.
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    tjet congrats on buying a jet and not the city. i am too bothered by this question you raised. why people still buy a city when they can buy the tjet. their bad luck i guess
    1 person likes this.
  10. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Congrats Tjet, very good review along with the car comparision report, happy mile crunching with your awesum beauty :)