1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My New Punto Emotion 1.2 Petrol

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by rajesh3rao, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Let me share my experience

This is my first car. We had infact shortlisted Hyundai Santro, Tata Vista, Chevrollet Beat and Fiat Punto. I did my Research and found that, no matter these are good cars but common thing in these cars are their Boot is small, when compared to Punto. Also the back seats are double foldable in the variant I bought whereas it was single foldable for the other cars i had shortlisted.

Also came to know that even Maruti's K' series engine are non other than the FIAT engine. So why go for other car when FIAT makes its own car with its own engine.

Since I have a pet at home, need to keep in mind about the little fellpw also. I found Punto is spacious enough. hence shortlisted Punto.

My family is thrilled on buying our new car. I was more happy when I saw the smile on my Mother's and Sister's face. Prince (my pet Labrador) has also accepted this car and the moment we open the door for him. he reserves one of the seats in the rear for himself.

I had taken my Family and my Pet (Prince) on a long drive and the little fella without any signs of uncomfort feeling was enjoying the whole trip.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulation rajesh. Post some pictures as well.

I don't think Fiat's FIRE engine is same as K-Series.
  3. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Congrats Rajesh... you will love the ca more and more with time... Happy and safe driving....

Ravi is right... the two engines are not same.... K-Series is a different engine that FIAT Fire Engines...
  4. arun687

Congrats!! I own the same variant.

And yea, the diesel engines from Maruti are the MJDs from FIAT, the K series are Suzuki's own.
  5. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

rajesh dont get confused. FIRE and K series engines are totally diff. Fire is a better engine. Fiat India doesnt know how to market their cars otherwise Fiat cars would have been a run away success story.
  6. redtux

Congrats Rajesh.. ::T Take care during the run-in period. Keep updating the thread.

Take care and wear seat belts.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Congratulations and best wishes, rajesh3rao. Enjoy driving your beauty.
  8. Ok Guys,

Posting my First Punto images here...