1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My new Punto 1.3MJD BNW (Dynamic) roof top bloated..

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by girish1015, Jul 23, 2012.

1. girish1015

girish1015

Bangalore
    Hello Ftians,

I don't know if you have come across this issue. Y'day i found my car roof top had got bloated inside [something like dent]...i just tapped on either side and it got released..i just cross checked other car like indica, santro and none of them bloated like mine..i understand there has to be elasticity but this one is too much...i don't know if this is the way it's been designed or really something to worry??

Tx,
    Girish
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Maybe some street dog must have jumped and caused to it, But as i know the roof of Punto and Linea is very tough than the other cars, They simply dont dent. As i recollect when we had a TFI Monsoon meet at malshej Ghat we had our Fiatian standing on the top of Punto and with one witting on it and not a sight of Dent.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Can you provide a picture for our better understanding of the problem??Maybe coconut or something fell?my guess,sorry for that though...Which part of the roof is this bloating taking place?
  4. mayank

mayank Amatore

yep...even i have got a couple of such tiny dents on the roof and on the bonnet..i park my car under trees...but really can't figure out what caused those dents??:confused:
  5. girish1015

girish1015

Bangalore
    Actually, it's the center part of roof which gets bloat, but it gets released once i tap on either side of the bloated part....today i got chance to try with other punto in our office campus, surprisingly it was bit hard like other cars do have...this clearly states something wrong with mine...i guess it requires little bit of tightness, not sure if it's a complex thing but i will take my car this weekend to the showroom from where i purchased and see what they would say..i did called Fiat Support and they asked me to check with the dealer, so just waiting for saturday....let me see if i can get the video of it..
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi girish, It would be easy for members to suggest if you can post a pic of the issue. It gives a better understanding. Anyways, hope you find a solution on sat! Btw, which motors in Blore?
  7. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It must be because of dog sitting on the roof...it happens with my punto also as it is parked in open....I have a number of dents on my bonnet and scratches of the shape of paws of dogs...cant help it......but one thing i have noticed no other car be it Maruti, Hyundai, tata etc have dents on bonnet like i have...something has to be related to the quality of material used in 2012 Punto
  8. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet

Somebody....a monkey or may be a thief found your car a landing spot after it/he jumped from a a tree,wall or a pole. My Palio had its roof dented every time I went to Shimla.... I had to park my car next to a Pine tree infested by Monkeys.
  9. girish1015

girish1015

Bangalore
    Hello Ftians,

I have an update...Regarding the issue with my Punto, i did contacted the dealer who initially refused saying that is common in all cars..Later, i showed him the difference by comparing the spot with my car and the another one which was ready to deliver, then he agreed that there is something wrong with my car and diverted me to contact Service Station...there i met a person who looked at my car and said Service Station has nothing to do since it was metal sheet problem and asked me to speak with dealer only and he left the place without speaking anything further..it really made me go wild and i immediately called to dealer and expressed how their Service Station is treating this problem..after waiting for 10 mins i didn't get any response from either dealer or Service Station, so i left the place thinking on what to do next ....after a while i got a call from a unknown number who was none other than Service Station incharge who had actually told that he couldn't do anything..he asked me to come back to Service Station...he said, since it's a fiat car they want to take picture of the spot and send it to Fiat so that they will review it..having no options i again rided back to station and had them take snaps of the spot (I have even attached them in this post)...As of now i have not got any reply from Fiat...today i called the dealer who said since it's a month end, company would be busy in closing off the account and they would get back shortly...After paying 7.4 lakh i didn't deserved to get such service...this is all i have as of now..I will let you know if there is any progress further..

Thanks,
    Girish

Photo0075.jpg
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dont get disheartened buddy! I know its irritating. But dont worry. Hope your issue will be sorted out soon! If you do not get proper response from Prerana, try different dealer. As of now keep following up with Prerarna