1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My new love... Fiat GP 1.2 E BNW

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mihir Gandhi, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Hi friends,
    have just booked my new car Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 E.... Will be getting delivery in 5 days.. Am really excited about it... I want to spruce up the car aesthetically and hence would want some suggestions from all of you.....
    The things in my mind are:
    1) Body Graphics (like the Grande Punto Sport at Auto Expo 2010)
    2) Getting 14" alloys... Don't want to upgrade the tire size since i do not want to spend on tires.
    3) Installing Aux-in/ USB input for the stock ICE...

If any more suggestions, plz do help me...
  2. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi Mihir, Congrats on your wise decision for going with the GP 1.2 E, you will never regret your decision & will have a mature ride for years to come.

2) advice on tyres, presuming they are coming with Good Year GT3, better swap them as they are very very noisy.
    3) with emotion variants you can not install Aux/USB with the new Delphi systems that FIAT is providing.

please browse through the various threads, there is loads of information on all quires.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome Mihir. Congrats on buying GP.

Check Fiat India website - http://www.fiat-india.com/fiat-accessories.aspx
    They have 2 body graphics.
    Look at http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?151-98-PCD-Alloys
    See this - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/sho...etooth-USB-AUX-functionality-to-Punto-Emotion

Keep this as just intro thread, use other related threads for specific questions.
    Do open ownership thread here - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/forumdisplay.php?53-Punto-1.2-Fire
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    mubarkaan ji mubarkaan (congratulations) :)

for ur second query look at the classifieds my alloys and wheels up for sale :(
  5. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Congrats!! BTW which color is it?? :)
  6. BNW(Bossa Nova White)
  7. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Great Choice! :D
  8. well well i must say the Tata-Fiat dealership experience is haunting me... I heard about delays in delivery, extended waiting periods etc... and now am a victim of the same... I had booked my car on 2 Aug 11 and was supposed to get delivery on 9 Aug 11.. but due to "transportation" issues my car was not yet dispatched from the factory itself... Then I was promised delivery on Rakhi day, ie. today, but in vain... I called up the dealer on 11 Aug about the status of my car and he confirmed that the car has been dispatched from the factory and hence will get the delivery surely 100% on Rakshabandhan day... I was very relieved... I even confirmed with the Sales Guy in the night of 11 Aug and he said "do not worry, have trust on me... The car is dispatched, it will reach the dealership the next day, 12 Aug, and hence i will get it for sure.." Now on 12 Aug, at 12pm i called the Sales Guy again about the status of my car; he gave me a no. of his leader and said that he is not at the dealership , so i should inquire with him. Here comes the interesting aspect. The leader said that the car is ready but not yet dispatched from the factory citing "transportation" issues and are not yet sure about the delivery date... I was completely shocked... I literally blasted them but they said we got wrong communication from the factory and blamed it on the fiat officials.. Now I am still waiting and waiting for the car and am still not sure about the status of my car.. I am calling them continuously and even contacted the dealership manager but have still not got a proper answer...
    I would like a suggestion from the gurus here: 1)Can i complain regarding the dealership to fiat?
    2) Is there any contact in Fiat whom i can contact and get some details of the car?
    Looking forward for your reply...
    Thank you
  9. well well i must say the Tata-Fiat dealership experience is haunting me... I heard about delays in delivery, extended waiting periods etc... and now am a victim of the same...
    The story goes like this: I had booked my car on 2 Aug 11 and was supposed to get delivery on 9 Aug 11.. but due to "transportation" issues my car was not yet dispatched from the factory itself... Then I was promised delivery on Rakhi day, ie. today, but in vain... I called up the dealer on 11 Aug about the status of my car and he confirmed that the car has been dispatched from the factory and hence will get the delivery surely 100% on Rakshabandhan day... I was very relieved... I even confirmed with the Sales Guy in the night of 11 Aug and he said "do not worry, have trust on me... The car is dispatched, it will reach the dealership the next day, 12 Aug, and hence i will get it for sure.." Now on 12 Aug, at 12pm i called the Sales Guy again about the status of my car; he gave me a no. of his leader and said that he is not at the dealership , so i should inquire with him. Here comes the interesting aspect. The leader said that the car is ready but not yet dispatched from the factory citing "transportation" issues and are not yet sure about the delivery date... I was completely shocked... I literally blasted them but they said we got wrong communication from the factory and blamed it on the fiat officials.. Now I am still waiting and waiting for the car and am still not sure about the status of my car.. I am calling them continuously and even contacted the dealership manager but have still not got a proper answer...
    I would like a suggestion from the gurus here: 1)Can i complain regarding the dealership to fiat?
    2) Is there any contact in Fiat whom i can contact and get some details of the car?
    Looking forward for your reply...
    Thank you
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2011