1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

my new Linea MJD sandwiched on 4th day... testing time for FG!

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by tushargn, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @Ravi, we are doing our best we can but seriously pics are not visible! I refreshed more than 10 times, someting wrong?
  2. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    my Jiju is very disciplined driver and the moment i had to break, I was crossing my fingers that he should not scold me for breaking hard, but within a sec, we both felt the bang. The worst part is the indigo had 4 ppl and a baby aboard. the way he was shocked and disturbed, we didnt started anything. I was too shocked to see whats happening and was not ready to believe my eyes. But my Jiju and I accompanied the indigo and took him aside, spoke with toe-in people, spent more than 45 mins with indigo guy. Our families also spoke with his family and assured them. We offered a ride for ladies and baby till Pune and even to drop them at their home being night time (as we had space for only 2 in both cars and guy and his dad could have come with toe-car) but those ladies preferred to stay with the guy and his dad no matter what.

finally we departed after he got final toe-in arranged. Though he did hit us hard and turned an accident into a brutal accident, still looking at his car and the way he was traumatized, it was not time for a fight but humanity. we gave him contact number and asked to convey once he reaches safe.

Tron, I am so satisfied that it was Linea. If it would have been any other hatch, definitely the story would have been different. i agree i should have managed safe breaking distance and anyone who hits from rear is the one to be blamed. However I think the Qualis was the culprit as it was not just me, but 3 cars had to brake and lost control.

though the car is damaged, I don't have words for the feel of satisfaction I have! Thanks Fiat for such a wonderful product!
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    This is very sad, especially after 4 days of the ownership. The way you have elaborated I could visualize the same.

Hopefully the car should be restored to pristine condition. Perform the pooja after the restoration.

Could you please post the pictures

Did you get the estimate for the repair charges ? Both bumper cost with paint should be around ~12K
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  4. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    trying to upload pics as many have reported some issue to see previous ones.....

Damaged bonnet and top radiator grill :
    IMG-20111031-00076.jpg
    IMG-20111031-00080.jpg
    IMG-20111031-00077.jpg

Damaged rear bumper:
    IMG-20111031-00084.jpg
    IMG-20111031-00087.jpg
    IMG-20111031-00085.jpg
    IMG-20111031-00086.jpg
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, I reported to admins.

Can you see current attachments?
  6. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    no estimate from pandit as of now, but the salesguy at Kolhapur, Mr. ravindra gave following tentative cost of parts:

top radiator grill : < 999
    front bumper : < 1800 (+paint job, variable as per location)
    Rear bumper : < 2300 (+paint job, variable as per location)

looking at other cars and the overall damage, i'd be damned!

I hope the next set of pics is visible?
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    very sorry to read about the nasty incident. many times i have seen that after a fast drive on highways when toll approaches people tend to approach the toll in high speed and then there are speedbreakers which cause people to brake hard.

no offense meant to you at all, this has happened with me too once, but a change in order of culprits you mentioned.

Culprit no 1. You (yes - for not keeping safe urgent brake-able distance between you and qualis, golden rule is once who bangs from behind is the culprit)

Culprit no 2. Your jiju - for the same reason above

Culprit no 3. The indigo for the same reason as above.

a very similar accident happened with me when i was descending the flyover and a fiesta stopped urgently and one lady had jumped from the divider on the road.

i was culprit behind him that i did not keep safe distance keeping into account the braking capacity of my car and my reflexes. so i banged him.

when the police arrived i was clearly explained the rules with numbers by the police even though i have lot many relatives at higher positions in the dept.

Golden rule - be alert, keep safe distance. if you bang you are the culprit.

in my case i was lucky that the Fiesta owner didnt press much otherwise i would have been compelled to pay his damages.

in your case you are lucky that the qualis owner dint force you to pay.

drive safe :)
  8. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    I agree.... at the end its my car who hit and got hit! .. and wont forget the golden rule even after 3k run-in period! its a lesson learnt the hard way!
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Tushar thats very bad.

Accident spot, which toll booth?

Is your car in Pandit Auto, Pune? Hope you will get your car soon and good to know that all of you were safe.
  10. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    yeh Kedar, my bad!

now she is with Pandit auto at Sahakar Nagar@Pune service station and would get re-unveiled on friday/saturday!