1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

my new Linea MJD sandwiched on 4th day... testing time for FG!

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by tushargn, Nov 2, 2011.

1. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    Something I dont want to type and share as I cant believe it happened! too bad feeling that after covering 1350 km in 4 days immediately after delivery, I was sandwiched at a toll line between Octavia and a Qualis. The Qualis suddenly came to screeching hault forced me to stop just by touching it ( speed ~60kmph and distance in bet was around ~8-10feet), but my Jiju's Octavia hit me from rear n I skipped a bit. However main aftershock was an Indigo who hit the Octavia from rear, making the pile of 4 damaged cars!

Scene : Qualis(stopped insanely) <--- my poor Linea <<-- my jiju's Octavia <<<<<<<<<<--Insane Indigo ( Bang!) :shocked

damage :
    Indigo : ( 4th in Q and who actually made he accident brutal )
    1 front bumper broken into pieces
    2 radiator grill.... gone into radiator
    3 Radiator: burst, water leaking
    4 front right headlight: ..crashed into history
    5 car : seized

Octavia: (3rd in Q, my Jiju with 17 years driving experience)
    1 rear bumber: scratches and only small hole as something poked in from Indigo
    2 front bumber : scratches as it smashed Linea hard

Linea:
    ( 2nd in the Q, my unfortunate beauty who had to stop as front idiot felt like he has to stop suddenly)
    1 Front bumper : one small crack
    2 top radiator grill : damaged and got inside with broken chrome ring corner
    3 Bonnet : 6 inches dent with chipped color
    4 rear bumper : 2 feet dent due to massive Octavia above silensor

Damaged Radiator grill ans bonnet:

IMG-20111031-00081.jpg

Damaged rear Bumper:

Qualis: ( main culprit..who caused the cars to pile up! )
    1 broken right taillight

Synopsis:
    Qualis stopped, i stopped suddenly just with a touch to Qualis, Octavia behind me too managed to stop with a touch to me from rear, but in half a second i got a huge bang when the Indigo hit us hard from rear. Indigo pushed the Octavia on linea, Linea was sandwiched and pushed hard on next Qualis resulting in damage.

What I think:
    the two tanks in family, Linea and Octavia made me sigh in relief as no one felt anything inside until we came out to see what has happened outside! All were safe and both families unaware of the sight outside till they stepped out! Looking at Indigo, I felt pity.

YESTERDAY 1/11/11:

Car is with Pandit Automotive for Insirance claim.
    1 FG claim was reported on phone and got claim no... hassle free.
    2 Assistant Mr. Amir was very generous and sympathetic with me... explained details and assured to be relaxed and things would be pretty neat within 3-4 days.
    3 Within 10 mins received a verification call from FG.
    4 within 30 mins received claim no and surveyer name via sms from FG.
    5 Quatation promised after survey.

TODAY 2/11/11:
    1 Called Mr. Amir to check status, he said survey finished and work already in progress, car would be ready on friday/saturday.
    2 Asked for estimate : plastic 50%, bonnet 95% covered.

Would visit on thursday to see the status.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  2. Very sad to know of the accident and Thank God that no one was hurt seriously.

Have you uploaded pics.... not able to see in your post.
  3. Hey Tushar .. It is indeed a bad news .. But thank GOD that all the members are safe and no casualities .
    As the service ppl promised , once they will deliver your car back after service , there wont be any marks left .You will be more than happy .
    Take care and have a safe drive ..

Ajit
  4. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    yeh romsi... feeling too bad, have clocked 1350+km in first week and this happened at last toll post just in last hour before end of the journey. by the way, the pics are uploaded and I can see, isnt it visible?

yeh, what happend is past... n now just waiting for saturday and the obsession would continue.... i think I am going to cover 3k in a month or so if I get to carry on!
  5. No.... pictures aren't visible.... maybe waiting for MODS to approve.... :)
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sad to hear about the pile up!

But good to know that all are well.

Good luck.
  7. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    not that I am not upset for whatever happened, but thats part of life and moved on! now unable to control the excitement to get her out of service station. any idea how much the rear bumper, front bumper and front top radiator grill costs? any tentative guess for how much I may have to shell out?
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

Sad to hear about the pile up - did you give a piece of your mind to the qualis guy and to the Indigo guy?

Hope you will soon get your beauty back in top condition.
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    boy i was kept my fingures crossed till your post got opened! I read your tagline i.e. 'Linea sanwiched' n i was like plese don't tell me anyting bad! Good to know that no one from your family is hurt! Hope your car will be back in business as stock!
    Hey even i can't see pics. Have you upload em?
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Picture is visible to me, please refresh once.