1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My New Linea (2014) MJD Emotion "Tuscan Wine"- From 1st day till..... Ownership Exp.

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ankujsharma, Apr 23, 2014.

1. ankujsharma

ankujsharma Timido

Mumbai
    Borivali
    Linea 1.3
    Date- 23/04/2014
    Hi All,

I am back with my 2nd post.

Got the delivery yesterday. Will post some pic and experience at dealership while delivery, soon. Unfortunately, got delivery in TC as RTO department here in mumbai is not working coz of elections tomorrow. RTO will now be open on Monday (28th April 2014) only so i hope to get my registration number by 30th april and then only i would be able to drive my new car.

Anyways, i will use these 7-8 days to do the setup of my car, syncing and pairing BLUE&Me functions etc with my phones and getting My CAR settings ready as per my comfort so that once i will be on road with my beast, i can get full comfort.

Want your suggestions, if any special thing to be taken care off or any initial setting to be done, which you people have experienced ??

One quick question- From Where can you get TFI stickers??

Regards,
    Ankuj
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Ankuj,

Congratulations on the Italian beauty. Tuscan wine has been my all time favourite. Its a pity that you will have to wait for some time to get the registration no but this should not stop you from taking the car on the streets if you wished to provided you have the registration & road tax receipt with you. Have seen many a cars on the roads with Temp numbers. Meanwhile click some nice photos of the Linea and post your experience on the forum.

Regarding the TFI stickers......

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  3. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    you can go to street with temp reg number i dont think its going to cause any problem, even in our case we get the permanent number after 20 days from delivery and in those 20 days we used to took our car in road also saw many cars roaming with those number plates
  4. ankujsharma

ankujsharma Timido

Mumbai
    Borivali
    Linea 1.3
    Dear Ghodlur and Gaurav : Thanks for the reply. Actually the problem is that car even dose not have the temp registration number.... In mumbai ,dealers only have to clear octroi and then he dosent need temp registration if he is keeping car in his stock. Octroi receipt is enough to take entry and deliver the car at dealer's showroom/workshop and he will need registration only at the time of delivering the car to customer or if he wants to use the car for road tests. Now in my case, dealer has tried to opt for a temp registration too for me since the permanent was taking time but unfortunately that also couldn't been done due to non functioning of octroi in this week. :(. So i can only wait now.....
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations Ankuj!!! from which Dealer u bought it? How was the entire experience? Please post some pics too!!!

Just few days and then your driving will anyway increase more than you expect!!

OT - I bought TJet thinking that I will drive for around 1k kms/mth. Fact is that I am consistently driving 1.5kms/mth :)
  6. ankujsharma

ankujsharma Timido

Mumbai
    Borivali
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Pabhishek. Since i have already driven my last car , Swift- VDI, 1,25,000 KM in 3.11 years as i have a job which requires lot of traveling plus whatever the spare time we get, we cruise to some destination for a quick holiday. Keeping this in mind only, i have decided to buy MJD. Ya, the wait is there now which will make me sleepless :)....

Any tip from where to get TFI stickers??

Thanks!!!
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Mods are busy doing that. It will up for sale by late april or may. Many of us are waiting for the set of stickers. If you cant wait that long, there is a thread which has some nice design for stickers; you can show them to any local guy and he will do it for you. All da best!! :p
  8. ASNM

ASNM Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Many congratulations Ankuj
    I can understand how you must be feeling waiting for registration to happen.

Do share your detailed buying & ownership experience with lots of pictures, especially interiors.
  9. ankujsharma

ankujsharma Timido

Mumbai
    Borivali
    Linea 1.3
    IMG_1115.jpg IMG_1126.jpg IMG_1127.jpg IMG_1128.jpg

Here are few pics of My new Italian Babe... More to follow... :)
    16 people like this.
  10. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations Ankuj.. thats a beauty. Linea in TW color really looking gorgeous :up
    1 person likes this.