1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My new Hip Hop Black Tjet Emotion

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by deepakhon, Dec 5, 2013.

1. deepakhon

deepakhon Amatore

I decided to replace my 10 year old trusted Palio 1.2 (purple) with a sedan, considering that we now have a bigger family, and parking is no longer a worry for us now, as it used to be when I bought the Palio. Prime consideration for me was that my car should be a fun-to-drive car, with a little bit of practicality added on. I considered many options:

Renault Duster: A nice car with a decent 85 hp motor, with decent handling for a car of that nature. I did not like the quality of the interiors, and I really have to convince myself to buy an SUV without 4x4 with an 80 odd hp motor and an asking price of about 12 grand ones. There goes that option. Engine refinement is good though.

Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI: Wonderful engine. The power delivery is really punchy post 1700 rpm. The car is a devil wrapped in a sober clothing. The EPS is a bit of a spoil-sport. The clutch judder irritated me. This problem was seen in all the VW stable cars that I test drove. The engine did not seem refined (TDI is very noisy). Overall, a good car I should say.

Vento TDI: Again, wonderful engine. Vento seemed very softly sprung, as compared to Rapid. Let me put it this way, I did not have much fun driving the Vento even with such an engine.

Polo GT TDI: This really impressed me. I had not tested the Tjet at that point of time, and this, as per me, is a real fun-to-drive car, even with the engine being a little unrefined. This definitely would be my second choice. My wife was not happy as the rear leg room was not even as good as the Palio that it was supposed to replace. She vetoed it out. Also, we were basically looking for a sedan, and got side tracked by this beauty. Anyway, it suffices to say that I liked the car. Without the rear seat constraint in mind, this is very high on my list.

Linea MJD: Engine is lot more refined as compared to the TDI. However, since I had tested the TDIs before the MJD, the power delivery of the TDIs had floored me, more than MJD. In isolation, MJD is no dud, but Fiat should seriously consider 1.6 MJD.

I specifically avoided testing Tjet, because I was afraid I would end up buying it :) . With ever rising Petrol costs, this was not a very practical choice. I was pretty much in the diesel territory, doing around 50 km per day over the last 8 months. So, I ruled Tjet out. But none of the diesels that I tested actually met all my criteria. I was confused.

Around that time, I got a job offer that interested me, and I took that up. The commute is more than the previous one, but they have their cab services to and fro. So, the fact that I will be driving and not commuting made me look towards Tjet.

Linea Tjet: 205 mm tires, and wheel spin in the first gear! Cross 1800 rpm and the car is really quick. I did not find the step up in acceleration as I did in the TDI, but I found it to be linear. The power is always on tap, and the handling is fun. Literally, this one floored me.

I booked HHB Tjet Emotion on November 5th. It was initially mentioned to me that the delivery would happen around 20th-22nd timeframe. It finally happened that I got to see it in flesh for the first time yesterday (Dec 4th). The car will be delivered tomorrow (Dec 6th).
    5 people like this.
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Deepak, let me be the first one to congratulate on your hhb jet!
    Congratulations! Welcome to Jet world.
    Post lots and lots of pics of your beauty.

Also appreciate if you can write about your buying experience.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Congratulation on the booking the HHB Jet. Wonder why its called Hip Hop Black?

Any reasons for not considering the New Ford Fiesta or Ecosport?

Looking forward for a detailed ownership review and with lots of snaps of the Jet.

Happy mile crunching and fly safely.
  4. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Congratulations !!! HHB certainly looks awesome . I can imagine your state of mind.
    ( I also have booked NPW T jet on Nov 6 , expecting delivery today )
    Do share snaps of your car . Happy jetting !!

Shrinivas Patil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  5. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Congratulation Deepak and welcome to T-Jet Club!

Looking forward for Ownership thread. Do upload lots of pictures.

Wish you happy mile crunching! :)
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Deepak congratulations for your new Jet and HHB Linea Tjet looks awsome with 16" alloys.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Congratulations :)

Linea TJet in HHB - things don't get any better than this! Waiting to see tonnes of pics.

8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    I like hip hop, I like Tjet!
    Can't wait to see hip hop T-jet! :beer: :)

Heart sent via Tapatalk for our mutual benefit..!
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Congrats on getting the Tjet home. HHB Linea looks great.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Jet.
  10. C_S

C_S Amatore

Congratulations, Good choice, Happy to see one more HHB Tjet on the roads of Bangalore.