1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My new Fiat Grande Punto 90HP Bossa Nova White

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by redbull, Dec 10, 2010.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

Hay its not FIAT original spoiler. FIAT Original spoiler can be fixed with some adhesive material as well as need some drills on body.

If you check anandlnt's spoiler you can get an idea that he has the same spoiler but in carbon fiber.

Even I got the aftermarket spoiler ordered from Hydrabad which was costed me Rs. 2200 and shipping charges Rs. 450, total cost Rs. 2650.

BTW its looking good and you can remove it whenever you want as its fixed with clips.
  2. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    I think I must take it up with the dealer. It is not about looking good but he said he will give me original FIAT spoiler, and doing this is a complete no no. If it turns out to be true then Prerana motors will not get any business from me in future.
  3. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    The cars may be ready for such speeds, but I really do not think our highways or our people are.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

BTW how much you paid for the spoiler.
  5. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    I don't exactly remember - three or four thousand. They collected the price for the genuine FIAT accessory. If this is a cheap aftermarket one then this is a case of outright cheating.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
  7. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Ya thanks man. I contacted Mr. Vijay from Prerana and also sent mail to FIAT as well as Prerana.
  8. samurai84

samurai84 Amatore

Bangalore
    Dear Redbull,

Even I have booked punto from the prerana, lalbagh road and my estimated delivery date is 3rd August. Could you please share your exp with this dealer and let me know wht r all the precautions i should take before my delivery? If possible drop me ur mobile number, so that i cann call you...
  9. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Thanks kedarbendre. It seems you were right. When I confronted Prerana Lalbagh with this issue, they readily accepted that this is not a genuine FIAT spoiler. They were ready to replace it with the genuine accessory, but said they would charge Rs.2000/- more because the spoiler came with only primer and they had to paint it. I felt something was fishy, so I just asked for a refund and told I will check with other dealers on this extra 2000. Went to the dealership and got the spoiler removed. I got Rs.3500/- refund. My main worry was I had lost the invoice for the accessories, but they had the record in their computer, and it seems I had indeed paid Rs.3500/-. Got a copy of the invioce as well.

And finally them gave a piece of my mind. Told them I was not buying an indicab, so they cannot presume I wanted a cheap aftermarket lookalike or would be worried about waiting time. The main thing I was angry about was that they did not bother to inform me. Prerana people told me that the guy who did this goof up has long since left and is now with KHT motors.
  10. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    If you see any scratches, ask them to repaint before you take delivery. Paint job costs a bomb. And because Prerana Lalbagh backyard is so crowded, scratches are more likely to happen than not. I also got one chrome door handle replaced because it had faded under the polythene adhesive.

I mainly chose Prerana over Concorde because they gave me 35000 more on my old car. All in all, I would say keep your eyes open - check twice you are getting what you paid for. I hope you have checked the VIN.