1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My new Fiat Grande Punto 90HP Bossa Nova White

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by redbull, Dec 10, 2010.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Redbull how much you paid for spoiler. I dont think this is a FIAT original spoiler. However it is looking great than the FIAT original spoiler.

Please let me know.
  2. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    I think it was some 3-4 thousand. I had specifically asked the dealer for genuine FIAT spoiler. Why do you think it is not original? There's another Punto in the neighbourhood with the same spoiler, though I haven't asked the guy if it is an original. I had asked the dealer for original FIAT exhaust tip to which he replied he did not have it in stock. So I haven't suspected anything yet.
  3. redbull
    can you post a pic of the tailgate from the side and the spoiler from the top please..
  4. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Here it is. So what's your opinion. Should I go and blast the dealer?

2011-07-08 22.41.32.jpg

2011-07-08 22.42.26.jpg
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It looks exactly as Fiat provided spoiler, to me.
  6. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    In any case, I find it difficult to trust these accessory counter in dealerships. These are just another JC Road type shops - nothing exclusive. Who knows what he has plonked in - imitations can look exactly same. I guess I should have been in person while he was installing it and looked what was written on the packaging.
  7. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Drove to Devarayana Durga today afternoon. Approx 180 km roundtrip.

While starting to return at 4 pm, I was hit by rain. It increased till I had to switch the wipers to full speed. But I am really pleased, the way it insulated me from the storm outside - amazing .... man .... amazing. On open stretches, the wind was hitting the car sideways. I could hear the intensity of the wind outside - I can imagine what that kind of wind shear could do to a light car. It felt as if the car was cutting through that torrential rain and storm like a hot knife through butter :) Managed to keep cruising speeds sane, even though it seemed that Punto was getting bored by my extra caution.

I had two Hyundai cars before and I always had one problem while driving in rains - windshield fogging. First it will form on the inside fast - I mean you won't be able to see the road in a matter of seconds. Then as you blow cooled fresh air for defogging, the outside will start fogging - now you have to blow warm air to defog the outside. So it was better to stop the car till the rain finished. But with Punto I haven't faced this till now. Just open the recirculation hose and direct the air to the windscreen. No fog on the outside - for the whole two hours. I guess there is some automatic defogging option. I haven't read the manual plus I trust to do it my way.

I also found one more thing. If your wipers are on, and you engage the reverse gear, the rear gate wiper automatically switches on. I now remember having read about this in the manual - but it was completely out of my mind - and I was pleasantly surprised seeing it work, I really have to give a thumbs up to the guy who thought about it. In that kind of rain, it is difficult to get everything right for the driver while trying to reverse on hill section. It sure was a big help with one less headache to take care about.

One minor thing, on cars with Blu&Me, we can charge two mobile phones while on the move - One from the regular 12V socket, the other one from the USB slot. Nifty little discovery - Actually I had my GPS hooked to the 12V socket, but needed to get my mobile charged. In any case, I am not a big fan of music while driving cars. I would rather hear the engine note and the sound of the wind outside. For today's drive I did not even switch on the radio. :)

2011-07-16 15.21.00.jpg

2011-07-16 15.24.15.jpg

2011-07-16 15.50.33.jpg

2011-07-16 15.51.45.jpg

2011-07-16 15.57.40.jpg
  8. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Did a day trip from Bangalore to Yelagiri ~340km round trip. MID FE 20.2 kmpl. I think it is really good considering the RPM was hovering between 2500 and 3000 rpm (also wading through Bangalore traffic - about which, the less said the better). Touched 150 at one stretch on NH46 while going back to Bangalore. Intoxicating (and dangerous). One Captiva had rushed passed earlier, zipped passed it and don't remember seeing it afterwards :) But I feel the Goodyear GT3s are not meant for such speeds. They feel OK till 120, not after that. I need grip grip and grip. Not mileage, not silence, not comfort - only grip. What tyre guys? And personally I think 90 and occasional bursts of 100 110 are the safe limits on our Indian highways. However it is very difficult to keep the car below 100. It touches 100 on its own. To drive at 90 needs conscious effort which I tried to do, somewhat unsuccessfully, on touching NH7 because I realized people are waiting for me at home :) Saw another Red Punto 90HP on NH46. Who are you buddy?

2011-07-30 12.09.22.jpg

2011-07-30 14.27.24.jpg

2011-07-30 14.28.01.jpg

2011-07-30 14.28.44.jpg
  9. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    One thing I see quite regularly on highways is Ford Figo owners driving in such reckless manner - Just saw one yesterday. Overtook me from the right, took a sharp left turn in front of me and then somehow managed to squeeze between a lorry on the left and a bus on the right by again accelerating and moving rightwards - managed to avoid touching the bus by a whisker. The bus was trying hard to overtake the lorry which was not at all interested in giving pass. He had his wife and kids inside. Good handling does not translate into insurance against accident.

This was while going towards Yelagiri. Stepped on the gas just to see how the Figo TDCi stacks up against the Punto 90HP. Left him far behind. Don't know how fast I was going. At such speeds I prefer not to take my eyes off the windshield. After I was convinced the Figo cannot catch up, I slowed down to let him pass. It seemed he too was not interested in the drag, now. A tollbooth appeared and I was caught up in the longer queue while he managed to get through quickly.
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    liked the pics of your baby. punto looks too good. yesterday i drove a figo on the highway. stability very good and the car topped at 160. could not go any further. overall nice car but the engine noise is too crude.