1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My new Fiat Grande Punto 90HP Bossa Nova White

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by redbull, Dec 10, 2010.

1. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    One Fiat T-Jet SunBeam Beige in KHT workshop. Man that's one heck of a good looking car with awesome 16" alloys. I'll buy if it comes in 1.6 MJD.
  2. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Hey images seem to have permanently disappeared ??!!!
  3. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Got all four of my wheels balanced, Rs.125/- per wheel (500 total) at Iyengar Tyre Clinic, Banashankari. In addition, the wheels got some beating during my Pondicherry trip on NH66. So got alignment done also @ Rs.250/-. Now vibrations and "feeling the road on the steering" are gone, though I have to test it at highway speeds. Why can't FIAT do these basic things before delivery.

Right now took the car to office just to collect a printout I had forgotten - basically an excuse to drive on free roads at night time. There are cases of mugging on rise in Bangalore, so I took my license, a "torch wala NOKIA mobile", a 100 rupees note and my office swipe card. While returning, I heard a sound CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK ..... on left rear. I stopped and saw a Honda Activa had also stopped behind me. My heart sank ..... My left side must be BADLY scratched.... I reversed and came up to the guy ....."What saaaaaaar....???" The guy nodded his head and took off.... If it had been my fault, he would have created a scene. I raced behind him just so that I could catch a glimpse of his number plate. And oh boy, the way the car reacted to my command, this was something that warmed up my heart in that most dreadful of moments. I read his number and the whole way to my home I rattaa-fied it (basically that is how I passed my exams - I even memorized maths :). Man, driving in Bangalore is not only an insult to my human dignity, it is an insult to this car also. After paying north of 1 lakh as road tax, all I can see is narrow dust filled roads, speedbreakers every 100 meters, potholes unevenly patched up. Bangalore has turned from garden city to sahara desert city. And being a road nuisance is inversely proportional to the amount of tax you pay for your vehicle. Bangalore is good only for broken Maruti 800 types of cars whose bumpers are about to fall off. Then I can also play "my car's nose is ahead of your car's nose", these damn illiterate uneducated idiot drivers are so eager to play in this tortoise race traffic.

Anyway came home and parked my car. Prepared myself for the worst and without wasting any time got down to access the damage. To my pleasant surprise, no paint was scratched. On closer examination, saw that the left rear alloy took the beating. It was scratched, but would not be visible unless looked at carefully. Some chrome from the FIAT logo on the alloy was scraped off. Will check with service center if I can get a spare logo. But I felt bad, just today I got my wheels balanced and here now the wheel got scratched. I don't like even a hair on my beauty to be touched in a wrong way, let alone a scratch. I love every inch of my car, I love even things that I don't like about her. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH........ AAAHHH...... I have cursed that fellow a hundred times till now.
  4. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    This tyre shop - MADHUS, about 5 minute walk from my office, seems to be jam packed all the time. God how people park their car in that overcrowded intersection and the shop being always full of cars. Must be some well known shop. Just for the heck of it went inside while returning from a nearby bank - was lately thinking about 205 width tyres. I feel Punto 90HP would be rocking with wider tyres than stock 195. Had Michelin PP2 in mind. The sales fellow immediately replied Michelin cannot be found in India as government has banned products without ISI mark and it will take them time to get that stamp. God only knows if it was to divert me to his preferred sales product - Yokohama S-drive, 205/55 R15. About 5700 each. This profile is also the performance upgrade suggested by Michelin web site for Punto. BUT, a big but, the ground clearance will be reduced by around a centimeter. So this profile is a big NO NO for me. No way I can compromise on ground clearance. Anyway the guy offered me 1200 per tyre for the Goodyear GT3 done only 2000 kms. ::D ::D ::D Came back to office and found Yokohama AVS DB had better wet road handling than S-drive (according to Yokohama web site) Asked him on phone about 205/60 profile Yokohama AVS DB - said it was not available and all gibberish about high profile tyre not fitting the tyre well blah blah.

I think I'll keep the Goodyears till they get worn out and then new tyres will be 205/60R15.
  5. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    I hit upon an idea to get more juice out of the stock music system.

I was trying to normalize the volume of my mp3s

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gurus ... ction.html

And found the default 89dB actually caused the quality of many songs to get degraded. I figured that lowering the gain can cause the low amplitude portions of the song to not get reproduced at all, thus lowering the fidelity. You need to increase the volume way too much and then all electrical and electronic disturbances may get amplified as well. Personally I even felt default gain had lowered the quality of the songs that cannot be recovered.

So after checking the gain of one clear song in iGain, found it was close to 99. So I pumped up the gain of the whole library all the way to 99dB. Of course, the caveat is that the volume cannot be upped too much as it will cause clipping, and volume increase granularity is compromised. Not much of a concern to me as I just wanted the loudness to be good enough at 7/8/9.

Definitely a good amount of punch has been added.

One more thing, the USB is louder (and hence clearer) than the CD player.
  6. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    After driving this for a month:

m800.jpg

Driving this is a nirvana:

p.jpg
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    truthe from soul..!!!
  8. Driving this pure motoring nirvana redbull.I can understand the elevation of your soul:)
  9. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    So how's your car doing? Read about the unfortunate accident. Thank your stars, you and family were in a fiat. Hope your baby's up and running soon.
  10. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    That Fiat looks just awesome!! Have lakhs of happy miles with it :)
    Cheers,
    Jishnu