1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My new Fiat Grande Punto 90HP Bossa Nova White

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by redbull, Dec 10, 2010.

1. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Re: Re: My new Fiat Grande Punto 90HP Bossa Nova White

I don't know. But the test drive car music system was lousy that I began to think about complete replacement. The one in my car sounds much much better. Also it plays my high bitrate VBR mp3s without any issues.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
  2. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    1. New development - first niggle - instrument panel glass is rattling. It's only the glass because it stops if I press it lightly with a finger.
    2. Starting uphill is a bit tricky. Need to keep up some minimum engine speed or it becomes unstable losing rpm. Anyway I am not used to diesel car driving but whatever diesels I have driven, I have found this issue. But with a stable rpm, torque is awesome, the car pulls up as if there is no weight at all.
    3. Ideal seat position takes a lot of effort. Because I was used to tall boy cars, initially I tried for highest seat position. But the long clutch travel was not ideal for high seat position, I lowered it to medium height. Also pulled the seat a little bit back even though I have to stretch my legs for pressing the clutch fully because in this position I get some thigh support and don't have to rest my legs sideways. Seat back rest also pulled further back than what other people prefer - usually I find other people like to sit upright - I like to relax. Steering column is a tad too far in this position. I wish there was telescopic steering column adjustment (for reach). Also I would have liked the steering to go a little bit more lower. BTW, while adjusting the steering I found it was really heavy like other Punto parts. This is all for a guy who is a bit less than 5' 7" tall.
    4. The car seems immune to lugging (I think this is what is called for running low speeds on high gears). I have accidentally pulled up from stop in third gear without knowing what is happening and found out when the rpm seemed unnaturally low for first gear. With the third gear on, you can drive the car as if it was an Auto Transmission car ::D It has a really wide range. I comfortably use second gear at low speeds for which I used first gear in my Alto - like over speedbrakers in Bangalore inner colony roads constructed by some brainless people - I think these speedbreakers are intentionally made to hurt suspension.
  3. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    1. Too many buttons.
    2. Left side stalk for indicators is inconvenient. Right hand already on steering, so right hand can conveniently move the indicator stalk. I have to unnecessarily lift up my left hand now.
    3. I like the quality of the gear shift. There may be better, but this is the best I have experienced so far. Smooth and has some weight to it.
    4. The gear shift lever depresses even if hands rest on it lightly. So if driving with left hand on gear lever for resting, then gear cogs wear and tear may be significant. Manual warns of this.
    5. Seems only aunties and grandpas are interested in Punto. Hot chics are ignoring :cry: :mrgreen:
  4. sindu2000

sindu2000

Kolkota

Hey Man,

U wl get used to yr new babe by some time. Belive me its all mental and i guarantee u wl like her very soon.
    Yes being a Wagor R user before I also agree comparing to the Marutis & Hyundais the gear shift is actually sleek.

In my car when u place yr hand lightly on the gear when the car is moving there is a slight change in the gear lever with the accelator being pressed or released. Does it happen with u/other guys also......

And believe me she is the envy of every MAN as she is the best babe in town.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  5. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    mental ? I hope so. The 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd is a rough edge in driving. Changing from 1st to 2nd takes the rpm from 2500 to 1000. Similarly from 2nd to 3rd there is atleast 1000 rpm difference. I end up in a jerky gear change. Driving in 1st gear is also jerky. Slight tap on accelerator and it jumps forward. Need to ride on clutch to move smoothly. I have never seen the tacho move so wildly in any other car. But 3rd gear onwards I am in a driver's heaven.
  6. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Today while driving out of my office, there was a "woosh" sound on the left side of the car. Something like white noise from radio or gas leaking. I turned off the music system, then the AC and then at a signal, the car itself, but the noise wouldn't go. Irritating noise and quite loud and audible. I didn't know what to do. Thoughts were running in my mind what if the the radio component is somehow staying on inspite of being switched off. Will it drain the battery overnight. Which service station to go tomorrow. Suddenly it stopped by itself after sometime. Scary !!!
  7. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    1. Took out the beauty on Bangalore Mysore highway till Kangeri. Oh boy! this is one sure footed beast. May be I was unnecessarily being fussy about ride quality. It sure did flatten the bad patches and the patch jobs that make Bangalore roads worse than the potholes themselves. I did hear a "thud" once on the left rear while getting down what seemed like a speed breaker.
    2. No hissing sound now.
    3. I spent north of Rs.35,000/- in my i10 for the music setup and the default Punto's surround sound seems to be better. Should I cry or smile? No I did not get ripped off. The sound components are of fairly good quality in my i10. HU is Kenwood 8016BT and front comps and real coaxials are Boston Acoustics - great sound. But I think the installation could have been better. And Punto's sound seems to be better, the surround is much better - yes I do not hear loud blaring "dhak chik dhak chik". I prefer soothing Jagjit Singh as I speed down the highway and an occasional melodious Bollywood - "Dil To Bacchaa Hai Ji" and a volume of 6-7 is enough in Punto. Of course my mp3s are ripped off the CDs at high quality with EAC and lame presets. Nice to see Punto can play them without hitch. A rare feat.
    4. Need better headlights. And low beam is too low even at highest position.
    4. I really feel like a teenager "bacchaa" now. I can't take my eyes of the beauty. Gee I feel like proposing to my car. :mrgreen:
  8. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Yesterday, I took her to Nandi Hills. What an eager climber this car is. Keep her engine about 1500 rpm and she will eat the incline. Till the foothills she was doing 90 and I was not feeling one bit scared about controlling the car on that 2 lane road. Then 50 on 4th gear she climbed up till the hairpin bends. Then 3rd and 2nd gears on the bends. I love that sound of the engine - feels like a performance petrol.

Got my first scratch on the front bumper. While parking for ticket collection could not see a low iron pole. The pole got bent and some grease like very sticky thing got stuck on the lower portion of the bumper. Dent is almost not visible.
  9. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    MID showed fuel consumption 19.2 for the trip. From Deve Gowda Bunk i.e. South Bangalore, so had to wade through city traffic going and back.

P.S. I did not fill diesel there. Just nearby to buy water and biscuits . ::D
  10. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Man those mud flaps are super cheapo - I think it is TATA manufactured product embossed with FIAT logo. The rear right flap has been worn out by rubbing against the tyre.