1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My new blazing Punto EVO!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by kishorekrs, Jun 9, 2015.

1. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hey mate such a nice coincidence!! I was reading your thread today in tbhp. Really liked every bit of it!!
    Ravi Varma likes this.
  2. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hello folks..last weekend I went on a short trip. On my drive I could notice something interesting. Whenever I used to approach triple digits of speed I could feel vibration on steering wheel. Once past 120 it used to disappear. Don't know whether its normal stuff or something to think for?
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Steering can vibrate because of the car tires, bent rim, or the brakes. The most common cause of tire shakes or vibrations is tire balance. Get your tires balanced by a qualified mechanic from a reputed shop. Alignment will not stop a vibration, only balancing your tires will. There are other less common causes of car vibrations like worn suspension parts, brake rotor pulsation, snow, mud, debris, things stuck in and on tires, transmission and motor problems, and loose wheel bearings. But i don't think you should be worried as your's is a new car. Try with Wheel balancing.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  4. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks @Deepak. Well surprisingly the vibes are not alone at triple digits. It is there even when car is at idle. When I asked at FASS the SA over there said because of drive chain & all. Frankly speaking I wasn't convinced with his answer. Anyways thanks for the advice but Deepak I need some more clarification on the same. If wheel balancing is the solution then why the vibes not present at normal speeds?
  5. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    kishorekrs likes this.
  6. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks again @Deepak. I'll get done the wheel balancing first & drop in my comments post the process. Let me hope the issue resolves there itself!! :)

Meanwhile any idea about shops doing wb alone? Because friend of mine said unless we go for alignment they don't do wb!! Is it true?
    Deepak likes this.
  7. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    kishore:
    Go for Madhus near Langford or Tyre Professionals near Basavanagudi.
    Good ones so far.
    Deepak and kishorekrs like this.
  8. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Deepak, @whitepunto76 thanks a lot folks. The issue have been resolved. The main issue of steering vibrating at triple digits has disappeared completely & along with that mysteriously the vibes at idling too has vanished. Though the solution made sense for high speed sprint the vibes at idling getting resolved is indeed a mystery. Nevertheless I am happy now with the results!! :smuggrin:

As I said I went for wb on weekend. As @whitepunto76 mentioned initially had been to Tyre professionals near Basavangudi but it was so crowded that the person in charge over there said it would take 4 hours to get done the job!! Nodded my head unhappily said will come back later on. After browsing through net got to know with some positive reviews that shop by name Iyengar's tyre care centre @ Banashankari 100 ft road offers same services. So just headed over there. Though it was crowded the time took was less than an hour.

DSC_0641.JPG
    DSC_0640.JPG
    Interestingly the equipment what they had was fabulous. Showing every error through the laser. Really liked it for its precision. The below image showing error at that particular place in laser form..

DSC_0639.JPG

Shockingly all the 4 wheels had some error values in them :banghead:

DSC_0638.JPG

The total charges came upto Rs.600/- inclusive of wb & weights. Over all pretty happy with the service they offered. I definitely recommend them to all TFI'ans who would like to pay them a visit!!
    Deepak and Raj_pol like this.
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @kishorekrs : that's great :) nice to know issue is resolved after WB. shop looks well equipped. I will visit next time. :)
    kishorekrs likes this.
  10. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    If you had gone for Madhus - Langford road, you could have seen the RoadForce equipment which suggests which tyre to be rotated in your car. Awesome piece of equipment.
    kishorekrs likes this.