1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My new blazing Punto EVO!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by kishorekrs, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Ganges Respect :D:woot: I will aim half that distance in the next well 3 years
    Ganges likes this.
  2. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @kishorekrs .Congrats buddy on your new toy. Welcome to the Fiat Family. You seemed to have nailed most of positives and negatives. Mate you missed the most obvious point "EXCLUSIVITY". Not sure whether you consider it a positive or a negative. If you are one who confirms to societal rules you may not enjoy the attention. But if you are one of those lone rangers who does what he likes you wont care to give a damn what others think. As they say with Fiats its either love it or hate it. But you sure cant ignore it. You would hardly find a single review(at least in India) which gives a balanced view. I am yet to find one which points outs all strengths of the car along with its weaknesses and at the end reasons if any to buy it. All reviews usually end in a note which reads "A flawed car with brilliant ride and handling and build". Please go and buy the other car as it does better in all other departments. Ride, handling and build are not important in Indian conditions.

As far as 90 HP Vs 75 HP is concerned here are my views. I drove Punto(old version) close to 6-8 times for 90HP/75 HP on different cars before buying. I visited both dealers multiple times and even called them home till I was sure with my decision. I drove TJET 3 times as well. If not for long road trips I would have bought the TJET in a blink. I still get goosebumps when ever I think of TJET drive. In future TJET will come home for sure may be in the ABARTH avatar.

My 13 months old GP 90 HP has clocked 19.5 K with only road trips and weekend drives. Its not our daily drive. It sees light every weekend or whenever we take road trips. Let me tell you other than in city drive 90 HP is better in all respects. Due to VGT the torque comes in @ above 2 K RPMS for 90 HP instead of 1.75 K RPMS for 75 HP. People usually dont find much difference in performance as they hardly drive above 100 km/hr during test drives. Besides the gear ratio in 75 HP is more suited to bumper to bumper driving. If one drives a new test drive car the iffy ergonomics coupled with weird gearbox 90 HP seems to be worst compared to 75 HP. But drive both cars beyond 100 km/hr and thats where the extra 18 horses and additional torque comes to play.
    High speed driving beyond 100 till 180 is where 90 HP is ahead of 75 HP. If you are an agressive driver you will surely miss the additional horses as you slowly find out what the brilliant chassis + suspensions + brakes are capable of. And as they say you dont drive the Fiats, Fiats drive you. Yes they do make you a better driver. Such confidence inspiring chassis+ suspensions + brakes are.
    bharath, kishorekrs, Ganges and 3 others like this.
  3. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks @nibedk..Hey mate you are bang on point!! Its been almost a month now owning him, guess what its raining appreciation here. I never expected I would some day garner so much of appreciation from the on goers. Definitely owning him has given me that 'ELITE' tag. Interesting fact is that if youngsters comment on its sexy looks elders comment on the brand. Every conversation with elders starts with 'Oh fiat is a decade old company. I have driven Fiats. Its really a gem of car' such comments have become common now. Recently a grand old man in his 90's commented too. I was really astonished when he said that. This kinda admiration I witnessed when I bought Royal Enfield, happy that the same continuing with Fiat now!! :D

Well as far as your comments on 75hp & 90hp is concerned I completely agree with you buddy. Since my emphasis was more on city driving and occasional visit to highways I rather chose practical 75hp model. Infact the gear ratios as you said have been rightly tuned for city rides in 75hp model. Recently did a short burst in highway. Goodness me..the car is dream to handle. I was completely blown away by its characteristic handling. The suspensions and brakes are simply outstanding. Every mile in it inspires confidence for sure. Its a whole lot complete package. Wonder why Fiat is not taking the competition seriously. I know the fact that they are not into matching up the numbers yet I feel they should atleast try reaching considerable mass. The word of mouth alone doesn't suffice the competition!!
  4. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi guys..I want clarification from you all. I want to buy those tfi stickers. I saw the set of 16. Instead of buying the complete set is there a way to buy only few selected ones?
  5. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I don't think such option is available. Adding @nkrishnap to clarify.
  6. pegasusss

pegasusss Timido

Pune
    pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations for the new Evo. I bet it will bring a big smile on your face every time you drive it or just look at it :)
    kishorekrs likes this.
  7. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    It always does. Its a pure bliss to ride her..
    pegasusss likes this.
  8. Simarpreet Singh

Simarpreet Singh Timido

dehradun
    dehradun
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi,

Can you please let me know where you find the ACA option for mileage. As i have active diesel variant and not able to see that option.
  9. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi @Simarpreet Singh. The ACA option is available in the trip button stalk. But I am not sure whether the option is available in active variant. Just cross check in your manual book once.
  10. Ravi Varma

Ravi Varma Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Excellent writeup. Keep revving and drive safe.
    kishorekrs likes this.