1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My new blazing Punto EVO!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by kishorekrs, Jun 9, 2015.

1. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @kishorekrs. Yes even my evo had same issue. Got it replaced under warranty
    prabhjot and kishorekrs like this.
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Per my understanding, these are two different issues.
    1. Earthing problem: there's a fault in wiring with respect to reverse polarization. They rectified it by opening the wiring near gear lever and right hand side of the dashboard.
    2. Usb to aux problem: I got issue 1 resolved. However, still face this problem. It isnt much bothersome, so ignored it. To resolve this, usb port needs to be replaced.
    kishorekrs likes this.
  3. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I spoke to SC. Just over the phone they said it could be faulty wiring issue. They can confirm it only once they put their hands on my vehicle. I will update once they rectify what exactly the issue is.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  4. santoshmandali

santoshmandali Amatore

Bengaluru, Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Congratulations for your new found love...am sure you are gonna have great fun on it...
  5. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Today while cleaning the car I could notice the rat intervention inside the bonnet. It seems that it has tried to chew the rubber beneath the rhs bonnet. It is really very annoying to see such things. Since I park my car outside it has become vulnerable to these things. I was using this rat spray (Release on - rat guard spray) before but to my horror I guess it has become ineffective now for them.

If the same thing continues wonder what damages it could cause down the line. Kindly can anyone drop in some suggestions to drive away these scumbags!!
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Sorry to hear about rat intervention on your Punto. Can you share a pic for this? This would make it easier for the fellow members to comment on the situation.
  7. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Sorry for the poor image quality. Its taken from my mobile!!
    DSC_0546.JPG
    DSC_0547.JPG
  8. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @kishorekrs : these are some solution to avoid rat entry inside engine bay.

1. rat repellant spray.
    2. rat traps.
    3. diesel spray process. pour couple of litre of diesel-water mix every 2-3 days inside the engine bay! [mix ration 100ml/5ltr]
    4. use napthalene balls in my engine compartment.
    5 Rats love any dark place. keeping a zero volt bulb lighted under engine bay will avoid rat entry.
    kishorekrs and kishor123 like this.
  9. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Deepak thanks a lot buddy. I have used this rat repellant spray. But it is ineffective now. But the diesel water combination, napthalene balls and the zero volt bulbs are new methods which I haven't tried before. I'll definitely try any one if these methods and update accordingly.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @kishorekrs

Hi. Would love to also hear about your experiences with and on esp your Suzuki GS 150, and the RE too? Wonder if you could post on that in the appropriate forum on TFi? That is a pretty nice selection of wheels in your garage, esp the RE and the Punto of course!

thanks man
    kishorekrs likes this.