1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My new blazing Punto EVO!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by kishorekrs, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    You can change the MID settings to KM/Ltr.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    No, the gear does not slip as above.
    I have a 57K run Linea and it does not slip. I'm now used to its shifting, and I'm quite fine with that.
    I've driven relatives' Vento (was about 60k on odo) and Swift (90k on odo). I did not notice any significant difference wrt my Linea on gear shift.

Btw, congrats on the car and the opening post is nicely written.
    kishorekrs and prabhjot like this.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats @kishorekrs on your new ride. You have made one heck of a choice :joyful:

I drive a 90 hp Evo which is a shade over 2 months old. While buying even I was confused whether to go for normal emotion or 90 hp. As you said, additional 18 bhp doesnt make much of a difference in the city, add the extra turbo lag that comes with a bigger turbo, by default. But, on the highway the extra bhps prove their worth with terrific mid end response:)
    Its like the Duster's 2 models: 84 PS and 109 PS. 84 PS is a FGT which is very peppy, specially in the lower RPMs whereas the 109 PS is a VGT (same engine) has some considerable turbo lag till 1800-2000 RPM, but its a true champ on the highways.

The alloys on 90 hp look boring when compared to the Diamond cut alloys of 75 hp Emotion, in fact the alloys on Evo 1.4 are even better IMO.

Other than the engine I had considered 90 hp because of the following points:

1) All black interiors that look stunning and are eaiser to maintain.
    2) The NVH levels are far better.
    3) The engine is more refined with absolutely no vibrations.
    40 This was the biggest reason: The premium over 75 hp Emotion was only 30K :D
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations @kishorekrs !
    Best choice as per your alternatives.
    kishorekrs likes this.
  5. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Well I sorely miss on few points what you have mentioned over here buddy!!

Firstly, the all black interiors definitely scores more on looks than the combination of black and beige. It looks sportier. Maybe the combination black+beige looks elegant but definitely not sporty unlike 90hp. Secondly the choice of price. Definitely it is worth considering as the price difference isn't a huge thing to bother yet personally for me the choice of alloys made the difference. It indeed looks boring. I personally felt it is awful in design too. If the same diamond cut alloys would have been on 90hp definitely without any doubt I would have considered it putting aside the engine specs..;)

Infact on the engine front a friend of mine too debated with me the same. I mean over the pickup especially in highway but considering the fact that my usage will more be on city and occasionally on highways. Though there is advantage of bigger wheels and superior NVH levels in 90hp over its 75hp counterpart the awful alloys made me to think over again. Anyways as an addition to alloys as I said earlier those added bhp didn't convince me much with same 1.3l mill. Nevertheless no regrets on purchase over 90 am still happy and convinced with this. Enjoying every mile in it!! Its without a doubt one heck of a car!! :happy:
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Well everyone has his/her own priorities but I am glad that your priorities were within the Fiat boundary :)
  7. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Definitely pal without any doubt..As we all in TFI know how potential is our hatch in this segment. I strictly restricted my likings within Fiat without reconsidering any other car!! ;)
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  8. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Folks I need a small clarification from you all. As I was going through the manual book I happen to see the user equalizer setting. As per there instruction I tried to do settings but it is not happening accordingly. Can anyone please suggest me on the procedure also I noticed that whenever I honk twice back to back or apply sudden brake the music system all of sudden switch overs from USB (Blue&ME) to AUX. Am unable to understand what is happening? Can anyone please advice..:confused:
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @kishorekrs

'Earthing' problem in the usb port/microsoft module near the gear lever, apparently. There is an official recall for it from fiat. Get the thing changed, under warranty.

cheers
    kishorekrs likes this.
  10. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Oh!! I was completely unaware about the recalling stuff!! Thaks for the suggestion buddy. Will definitely make a visit to sc. :jawdrop:
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 12, 2015 ---
    What about other EVO owners? Any similar experiences?