1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My new blazing Punto EVO!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by kishorekrs, Jun 9, 2015.

1. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I infact bought from Vecto motors electronic city but when I googled I noticed they have rather poor ratings for their service!! Just was little concerned to know which one is better in Bangalore
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 9, 2015 ---
    Maybe my friend!! Infact my Avg speed mid showing is 10kmph!! :mad:
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @kishorekrs

Hi there, and cheers to you and your good, could-hardly-be-better choice! Am certain you got a good 'deal'?

The fit and finish thing is true: in exactly, only 2 places on my new, 2014 Linea: and like you I've looked this car over and through X 2. Slightly too edgy plastic-joints in a couple of places.

The hornpad gap is NOT a fit-and-finish thing at all: it's by/in the engineering-design. All Punto-s and Linea-s, new or old, have the same, consistent 'gap'.

The door handles could've been better/heftier, but we've faced not the slightest issue with them even on my Dad's 2009 Linea.

I also couldn't agree with you more about how the often-made criticisms of the gear ratios on the mjd being 'bad' or 'wrong' are.....wrong. They're setup for urban traffic congestion and of course for fuel efficiency on a heavy, small-capacity turbocharged car, that's all.

The gear shift feel is a matter of taste. In any case, the feel will improve/slick-en with use/wear.

cheers, keep posting! C U.

PS: A joke. AUDI-s literally ARE VWs. While Fiats are.....Alfa Romeo-s like this one:

http://www.conceptcarz.com/images/Alfa Romeo/2009-Alfa-Romeo-Brera-Image-06-1680.jpg
    Anoop M Scaria likes this.
  3. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hmm..well i felt those horn pads gaps were result of inconsistent finish. Anyways good to hear its the same in its sibling too. So far I haven't got to see it or heard it in Linea. Definitely will notice next time buddy.

Well as far as rubbery feel shift is concerned we have 6 year old Indigo CS (p) with 50k odo in home. The gear often slips shoddily if rapid shifting occurs. I guess I dont witness the same in my car because inspite of its aging it never improved a bit :banghead:

Well that posting about comparo was just for fun buddy. I still remember those service stickers in my Polo carried all there iconic brands. From Audi to Skodas. I've heard about Alfa Romeos too but as the record goes by BMW is exclusively enthus choice right. So thought of just mentioning it..:D
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Congratulations!!!
    kishorekrs likes this.
  5. Arjunbhargava

Arjunbhargava Amatore

New Delhi
    Sarojini Nagar
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @kishorekrs thanks mate ...Also is this fuel average in Kmpl is only in emotion variant only ? as mine is active and it shows average in 100km/l format. today I also checked the same with ASC guy he said this is the only format in new models but i can see yours now ...:)
  6. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I guess it is restrictive in Active model but yes it is available in Emotion variant buddy :)
  7. Anoop M Scaria

Anoop M Scaria Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @ Arjunbhargava. I own a dynamic evo.That has Km/litre. I think even active has it too and MID should be same across models.Just cross check with someone else.
  8. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @kishorekrs : Welcome back to the FIAT family. :headphone:
    Regarding the service centre @ blore, go for KHT its tried and tested by fellow members. Adhya is fine too. i havent heard much of positives about vecto. i might be wrong though.
    Please also share your buying experience at Vecto.
    what made you chose 75 over 90hp.
    happy mile munching!
  9. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Deepak Well technically speaking the added hp's in 90hp model didn't change anything in general. I mean the characteristics remains the same. On papers it may be 90hp but what I was expecting instead was maybe 90hp coupled with 1.5L or 1.6L engine. Perhaps all together that would be a different league!! Sadly 1.3L with additional 18hp's didn't convince me buddy. That's why went ahead with practical 75hp engine enjoying both the worlds the mileage and considerable power!! :p
    Ganges, Deepak and prabhjot like this.
  10. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    congrats @kishorekrs Welcome to FIAT family. Rgiht choice made over POLO. Hope you have pleasant exp. with Evo. Enjoy ur drives. Happy miles.
    kishorekrs likes this.