1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY "NERO ANGELO" LINEA 1.3 MJD (bLACK Ma bLACKu BlackU) ARRIVES HOME!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Prabhakaran, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Prabhakaran

Prabhakaran Timido

Chennai
    Finally my “Nero Angelo” Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion arrives home.

Linea Decider Story:

Well this is how it started…..I sold my 2006 model Mahindra scorpio in Jan 2013 and started looking out for a small compact car in a budget of 8L.. There came the peoples choice Swift. My parents were keen on to buy that, but I somehow managed to drag them to i20 and its OTR (higher end model) was whooping 9L in march. Then came the Ford Ecosport …. We waited and waited and after going through many reviews FORD ECOSPORT was booked in July..OTR was 10.3L + waiting period of 4 months…By OCT end we went to our dealer Chennai Ford to know about the Loan process, our SE gave us the shocking news that the Titanium model price has been revised and I had to pay 50K extra, after many quarrels we decided to pay. On the way back home the SE phoned and said “Sir, I forgot to tell you this – the push button start and keyless entry has been removed too. I was like “Dude WT*?”. The next day I told him that I’ll go for the titanium plus model and he quoted me 11.2L + extra 6 months waiting period. (11.2 was too much for a hatch type so called SUV car) Chal that’s it!! I lost my patience and cancelled my booking. I was totally frustrated and decided not to buy any car.By Oct end I had to go with my parents to my native place in our good old zen. It gave a lot of problems on our way and seeing it I decided “Ok, let’s start the car search again”

Nov first week I saw the linea classic being launched and it was just 8L. As it fitted in my budget I dragged myself and my dad to the showroom and test drove it. I was seriously disappointed by the classic’s performance and the cabin noise. SE literally forced me to TD the 1.3 Linea and told me that its a better vehicle..I drove it half hearted and I ended up falling in love with it..then came the deal. The dealer told me that he can give me the Linea 1.3MJD emotion model for 10.03L OTR (1L discount). I had no idea about Fiat, I came back home did a research about FIAT linea. I finally made my mind and decided to book the Linea 1.3 MJD emotion. When I was about to reach RDC motors, my old zen got repaired and stopped in front of the Hyundai showroom which was rite next to it. Out of nowhere I entered the Hyundai showroom met the SE and took the 1.6 verna for TD. Trust me, IT SUCKED BIG TIME comparing it to LINEA. It was like a fancy good looking Korean handset without any amenities. I happily booked the Linea on 11.11.2013. Now came the color confusion…I initially booked the OB and then changed it to HHB in few days. SE asked me to wait for 20 days… Loan process & approval was completed within a day and I paid the rest of the amount a week prior to the initially promised delivery date. The waiting period was so crazy, to be very frank I couldn’t sleep for many days.. I was keep on searching about this car and its accessories. I was a silent member in TEAMFIAT and went through the whole forum..I guess I must have read most of the threads… At last without any hassle MY NEW NERO ANGELO ARRIVED HOME. I

I have to thank the TEAMFIAT group for helping me out to get a clear picture on few things.
    Big thanks to RDC SE – FAZIL, SHAKTHI, SATISH, MANOHAR & SURENDER and the most enthusiastic Security/driver…

Please find below the OTR details
    FINAL OTR – LINEA 1.3 MJD EMOTION – 9.88L
    Free bees: reverse parking sensors, Mud flaps and so called Mats and eye washer Teflon coating.
    Dealer rating: RDC Motors 9/10

TD (all diesel) done before buying LINEA:
    1.Etios : Travels car!! no way i'm buying it...
    2.Amaze: Cramped!
    3.i20: Over priced!! honey!!
    4.Ecosport : Babe seriously?? I'm not falling for u after driving Linea!
    5.Verna: My grand mom has told me many times -"Do not get fooled by outer appearance"

Reason for buying Linea:
    1. Build quality – “I struggle to even close the bootlid - so damn heavy!!”
    2. Engine performance and stability in HW –“Every month I drive twice to erode(400kms from Chennai) ”
    3. Common Obviously LOOKS mate!! Killer one!!

No cons as of now… everyone in this forum says ”a bottle holder would have been good” – I have already booked one in ebay.. just 250rs.. Blah!! And I have to say this .. the music system is not bad at all.. I like it..I wont be updating it

Future upgrades:
    1. 3M chrome strip along my window line. Ordered through my friend in UK.
    2. LED(Orange) foot lamps
    3. Small upgrades: Ipad mini holder – 620rs..Bottle holder…250rs…and all basic car stuff.

Planning to do 3M car sealant and under body antirust coating and 3M car mats..

Oh damn sorry to say this late. FIAT is the official car sponsor for the “AIRCEL CHENNAI OPEN 2014”.

I took only few pics as I was held up at office today..I will follow up with some in the coming days...

collage_20131207001253530.jpg
    8 people like this.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on getting the Linea home. HHB LINEA with those 16 inch alloys looks smashing.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Linea

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
  3. dnyanesh666

dnyanesh666

Mumbai
    Congratulations on your new car!
  4. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Pune
    Congratulations !! HHB looks great , you have got a unique regn number also !!

Shrinivas Patil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Awesome decision! HHB has a killer look and stance on the road!!!
    Enjoy the beast buddy!!!
    Thanks to Ford for delayed deliver and over confidence!
    Nice short and sweet writeup!
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  6. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats... I find the registration as TN 10 AM... Where do you stay?
  7. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    Congrats Prabakaran. Black looks stunning. I took my Punto 1.3 MJD Active last month and handled by Surendar. It was easy to work with him. I too was promised OEM Mud Flaps/Floor mats and got non OEM's. But all these are small concerns and once we drive the MJD we forget about everything else and enjoy the ride. I am happy you rated RDC 9/10, even though I had few minor niggles, it was handled responsibly by RDC. Happy miles ahead bro :)
  8. Congratulations!!!

And not wanting to sound cynical make sure you maintain the black! I have a TW Tjet and It's slightly less than impossible to maintain...

But drive safe and drive lots! U have a fiat! "Humsufar" as its advertised on radio!
  9. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations prabhakaran. Hope your car wont let you to be silent anymore........How can one stop singing the praise of beauty?:-D
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It's good to know that you are contended with the Stock Music. I have listened to stock HU and speakers and they are definitely not bad,
    except you get spoiled after listening to better audio quality. Your mind has to work hard to fill in the extra detail once you have heard
    crystal clear lows, mids and highs.

Congratulations on your "Nero Angello" mate. Wish you many Happy miles ahead !