1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My name is RED

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by KPR, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Amit Rox : My 90 HP's 15k bill was Rs 5600.
    Amit Rox likes this.
  2. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    What was the cost of individual items? Breakdown please :D
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Amit,

The 15k service would cost between Rs 5500 - Rs 6500.
    I have uploaded a copy of the bill in my ownership thread, kindly check for the breakup.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Amit Rox likes this.
  4. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Deepak It is COIDO 3301. 5 * rating from my side. Now football, basketball, bikes are always in right fill :)
    @Amit Rox Yes sure I will let you know. Anyway I've got idea on how much it may cost. Thanks to @PradeepM and @Turbothinghy
  5. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    So RED is continuing to run at 14650 odd kms. Will be giving for service in few days at around 14900+ kms. The car is running great. The pure bliss of long service durations!
    Turbothinghy and PradeepM like this.
  6. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi all Yesterday I've completed my second service 15k km service at Marvel Motors. I had no issues as such in the car. The Bill amount was Rs.5934 incl WA & WB. In the mean time I had asked for feedback on this work in my RED as in Linea:). Let pictures speak!
    upload_2016-6-2_8-26-51.png
    upload_2016-6-2_8-27-15.png
    upload_2016-6-2_8-27-5.png

Can this be fitted in evo as in new Linea as done by several members here for pre facelift linea and Punto!? Opinions please.
    Deepak likes this.
  7. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    i think that can be done. check with local car accessories shop. you many need to source the OE Linea armrest. (Rs. 7k)
    how much did they charge for WA/WB ? are you seeing any vibration in the steering after WB at 90-110kmph ? i feel WB is not needed unless tyre is removed from the alloy or weight has fallen off. During my service they removed the tyre to solve left pull issue and i am seeing steering vibration at 90-110kmph even after WB.
  8. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    No I don't see any vibration in steering. I've to check my bills. i think around ~500. Even I haven't driven beyond 90KMPH in the past one month or so. For daily commute my speed buzz is at 90KMPH. Why to burn oil? I'm on a spree to increase mileage now. So seldom drove fast even beyond 100 in the recent past. And I've been strictly following punctuality to the core. Being unpunctual means pressing the right pedal which I feel bad about. Hope to answer this part after long drive which may come this weekend.

The arm rest you are referring if i'm not wrong of Rs.7k is old arm rest - the long one (pre face lift linea and Grande Punto)). I'm asking about new one shortened for providing bottle holder.
    PradeepM and Deepak like this.
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @KPR, Loved the pic of the car with the wonderful temple background :happy:. Nice, crisp writeup.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    KPR likes this.
  10. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    My family of 5: my parent, wife and daughter (3 yr old) have been asking me for a ride in our RED to some new place which must be short but sweet.My mother was saying for long that we need to visit Kolanjiappar temple located at Vridhachalam. In the back of my mind I had heard about Srimushnam Bhuvaraha swamy temple and was thinking to go there one day.

I thought why not both these temple visits be clubbed together! Hurray approval came from all.
    So made a sort of plan to start by 3:30 PM on 05.06.2015 (Sunday afternoon) and return before 9:00 PM.
    I had the comfort of taking a sunday afternoon nap by 1:00 PM and woke up by 3:00 PM for a cup of filter coffee. I was happy to take my recently serviced RED (ODO 15158kms). Since 12500+ kms on ODO I had been evading taking my RED for long drives quoting 15K service due and taking the car only to office and home. So now the temptation of going for a bit long drive was evident. Plugged my COIDO. Checked air pressure in all 4 tires. Diesel already filled tank full.

Having done several long drives earlier, I as usual insisted for packed food for dinner. I always love the packed food for the following reasons: 1. Saving precious minutes. 2. Saving mood swings and desperation that may arise to any person in the car due to hunger/delay in getting into decent restaurant on time. 3. Saves a lot of money (The charges in a renowned road side restaurants in TN have gone up for nothing)

So food and coffee packed were packed. All set and we started by 3:40 PM.

Route Taken: Trichy - Veppur- Vridhachalam bye pass -Karuveppalankurichi- Srimushnam Bhuvarahaswamy Temple-Karuveppalankurichi-Kolanji appar temple-Veppur-Trichy. Total Kms: 269KMs

Veppur-Vridhachalam Road newly laid and is breeze to drive. When I last did this route few months back, the entire stretch was totally pot holed.

The route from Vridhachalam to Srimushnam was totally scenic with Green fields. It had rained in this stretch half an hour back. The roads were wet. One word to describe the climate and the drive: Beautiful!
    Reached Srimushnam temple sharp at 5:40 PM.

About Srimushnam (wiki) : Srimushnam's presiding deity is 'Lord Bhuvaraha', which gives the town its alternative name, 'Varaha Kshetram'. Lord Bhuvaraha's consort is Ambujavalli Thayar while the temple icon is formed naturally from a saligarama (black smooth round stone)

Other data: Brahma found Lord Vishnu resting on Adisesha, and was informed that He had come as Swayamvyakta - on his own as an idol. He would also appear likewise in seven other places on earth -- Srimushnam, Venkatadri, Saligram, Naimisaranya, Thotadri, Pushkar and Badri.

Here are some photos of the elegant Gopuram & other details:

IMG_20160605_174556.jpg

IMG_20160605_174659.jpg

IMG_20160605_174715.jpg

IMG_20160605_214044.jpg

IMG_20160605_214056.jpg

IMG_20160605_214102.jpg