1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My name is RED

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by KPR, Oct 29, 2015.

1. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Driving at 80KMPH is good and safe enough for my routine office drive. Moreover you lose not much on average speed and time of journey by relaxing or sedating by a touch and go on A pedal. And wait for engine to enter 5 digit figure..
    Deepak likes this.
  2. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Meanwhile I had purchased
    1. Coido make tyre inflator (Rs. 1250 approx)
    2. Tubeless puncture repair kit (Rs. 130/-)
    3. Adhesive strip (Rs. 30/-)
    The above now finds a permanent place in boot of my RED.

upload_2016-5-6_9-22-32.jpeg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7fmB1mc7vXx99rJ6tVBZVkJ8rkKcf20mBu_biTjAF9thyUizK9Q.jpg

I had encountered two punctures where both of them were DIYs.

1. Rear Left puncture: Found this in my car shed. Immediately removed tyre to find a screw impregnated in the tyre. Needed a cutting plier to remove the screw. So permanently placed the cutting plier after job inside the boot to help me in any puncture which may occur in future.

2. Last week when I went to chennai I had parked at my relative's place. While starting my journey back to my hometown I found the rear right wheel having less air. So simply moved the vehicle slowly and my BIL found a screw being the culprit. Positioned vehicle to stop for access to repair. Removed the nail with cutting plier and then DIY without removing tyre. So helpful this kit is. Highly recommended to have in your car for peace of mind.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 6, 2016 ---
    The ODO now says 14191 KM. The 2nd service is nearing. This sunday a heavy calorie burning session has been planned. My RED has to be washed, polished. Meanwhile I had applied online for FASTAG in ICICI website. Hoping to get on tag soon to have an easy go at Tolls. Fortunate to see that all tolls in TN are covered under fastag.
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
    Deepak, Turbothinghy and PradeepM like this.
  3. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    My odo stands at 12120kms and am planing to go for second service by this month end.
  4. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Amit Rox Why so soon? Any problem in vehicle or just following 1 year time gap is earlier?
  5. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    No problem at all in the vehicle. Going by conditions in our country, I think it's better to go for service a little bit earlier. Moreover after this I will be following 10k kms service interval.
    KPR likes this.
  6. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I'm going to take full advantage of 15k service interval of Fiat with necessary precautions, checkups...
    PradeepM and Amit Rox like this.
  7. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    This is one of the USP's of FIAT and I too would prefer to stick to the manufacturer recommendation, which would help me keep the overall ownership cost as well low.

Cheers,
    pradeep.
    KPR likes this.
  8. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR : is it Coido 3326 or coido 3301 ?
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Deepak,
    I think this is 3301.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    KPR likes this.
  10. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    When you going for the service and kindly let me know about the 15k kms service cost.