1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My name is RED

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by KPR, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR: pics are not visible.
    @ghodlur : Under body anti corrosion treatment is really needed? i thought factory done is enough.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    It is a must. The factory provided coating is very basic and will not offer complete protection against rust.

I am not prmoting 3M, but they offered me anti rust coating with validity of 5 yrs and two inpections + free touch up per year. Coasted me Rs 3.5K and I think it is VFM.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I guess it depends on the climate. Iron is relatively unaffected by dry air or non-salt water so anti-rust treatment makes more sense in places like Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkatta that have high humidity throughout the year, whereas in places like Pune, Bangalore, the stock anti-rust coating should suffice.
    KPR and Deepak like this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    What you have said is correct. Antirust coating is a must where humidity is high and the rate of rusting is very fast. In places like Pune & Bangalore where the climate is more pleasant, it might not need but any contact with water is sure enough to start the rusting process esp in monsoons and during other seasons too. The factory applied coating thickness is not much and might provided resistance for an year or so. Just my thoughts, I am not forcing anyone to get it done compulsorily.
  5. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Last week I had purchased this key cover matching my RED.
    upload_2016-2-22_8-59-53.png upload_2016-2-22_9-0-4.png upload_2016-2-22_9-0-13.png

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

upload_2016-2-22_8-42-38.png

upload_2016-2-22_8-44-40.png

upload_2016-2-22_8-50-40.png
  6. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Meanwhile I got this mileage after a thrifty press by my right leg. Restricting myself not more than 80kmph...

IMG_20160313_083710.jpg
  7. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The car is 12200 in ODO. Last month I had done my WA & WB in a shop recommended by a Fiat-ian (owning history of fiat cars Uno, palio, linea). The shop owner said that earlier his shop had done WA & WB of several Fiats for the dealer. After WA & WB the ride was normal.

However for the past two weeks I have found these issues:

1. Stiff steering
    2. Slight pull towards left.

Today I went for the customary free WA at the same place. I complained about the above two issues. The owner said the following:

1. Due to increasing outside temperatures the tyre is getting hard (especially when parked under sun) and so is the slight feel of steering stiffness and also tyre noise. He increased tyre pressure to 32 on all wheels (which were 30-31). There was improvement noticed in steering becoming less stiff.

2. There is a slight negative camber as a result of which there may be left pull. He asked me to check suspension on my front left with the dealer as he suspects a bush that might have got damaged. (My next service due is at 15000 KMs)

How far the above two are true? experts opinion will be helpful.
  8. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    As a nice gesture yesterday the Fiat dealer in the town "Marvel Motors" arranged movie tickets for family members of existing Fiat owners for an evening show of tamil film "Thozha". Dealer wanted to connect with existing customers who would bring in references for new purchasers. :)
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Is there any way where other Fiat dealers can be forced to do this?;);) I am yet to book the tickets for "Ki & Ka":shame::shame:
    gpunto75 and pabhishek like this.
  10. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR how do you manage to drive below 80kmph? That's a great mileage there. I always floor A pedal whenever I see some open road ;) I get 16.5 kmpl.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk