1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My name is RED

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by KPR, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    A 205 tyre will decrease the performance of 90 HP. I agree it would look good. For a remapped 90 HP, it shouldnt have issues though.
  2. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    5 figure reached today !!!

10000 kms up.jpg

Today I couldn't resist myself to buy an abarth logo (ebay) and abarth coffee mug (flipkart). Let me post pics soon after I get them.
    Amit Rox and Turbothinghy like this.
  3. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    point noted, I will stick to 195.
  4. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I need suggestion from members on making a black glossy roof and Blackening alloys. Will it suit my RED?
    Amit Rox likes this.
  5. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @KPR, you asked for this and I couldn't resist, so ignore if you don't like. My suggestion - don't paint the roof black!

Black absorbs maximum heat (atleast that's what we learn in physics). And that on the car roof would heat it the most possible. On the other hand, I am looking for a foldable reflective sheet to block sunlight from windshield, while parking in sun.

There are websites giving some research results on this topic, where they talk about ~40 degree F difference in cabin temp. between white and black. I haven't seen many of those, but one suggested that heat enters more through windshield than the metal, while others have different view.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Black although will make it look sporty but will not give it a contrasting look. IMO white will be best suited for roof. Instead of painting the roof, you can put the 3M vinyl which is easy to maintain too. Also in future if you have second thoughts, you can get it removed.

Regarding alloy blackening contact @fernandeskaran he had got it done for his previous Linea and was a fab job. Totally outstanding.
  7. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Point Noted

Yes Black surface will get heated fast compared to white one.

Glass has very less thermal conductivity compared to metal (Steel) surface. So roof will get heated very fast compared to windshield. But all these are when vehicle in standstill. When the car is in movement the vast wind speed will ensure cooling effect in no time.

Noted. But i'm apprehensive about the evo. If it was old design, I would have gone eyes closed. With evo headlights I may have to rethink. Vinyl is the best choice indeed.[/user]
  8. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I did my 1st WA and WB just before 10000kms along with tyre rotation.

I was curious to check on the steel protection plate provided beneath the car. So took some photos of my RED from below the pedestal. Sharing them here.

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @KPR

That's the stone guard plate. Good to see that the plate is still intact. In my Punto, the plate is already rusted and paint peeled off. Willl be replacing before the monsoon. Costs around 3K but very effective.

Why haven't you applied underbody anti rust coating? I feel its a must for the car to prevent any rusting beneath. You car does have ani rust coating but that's factory applied. Better get it done from 3M.
  10. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes I need to do that. The red shaded is polymer. Black painted is steel. Do I need to paint both?
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 17, 2016, Original Post Date: Feb 17, 2016 ---

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

IMG_20160217_094558.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016