1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My name is RED

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by KPR, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    On my first service @5k kms the FASS had done WA only. Would be getting WA+WB done on my second service, mostly this month.

If you arent facing any problems wrt your steering like wobbling, left/right pull, then you can postpone it for now.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 6, 2016 ---
    WA: Wheeel Alignment
    WB: Wheel Balancing
  2. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Must be wheel alignment and wheel balancing.
  3. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks all for your replies. So I will be doing WA & WB after my planned trip to Mumbai this month. Yes! One more 2500+ KM trip planned during Jan 22nd to 26th.
    Last month my RED went through eastern India for 2300+ KM . This time head the westward to Mumbai ! So RED is seeing places !

BTW, yesterday I have purchased H4 Philips Xtremevision plus 60/55w for my RED. Costed me Rs.1200/- for a pair.
    Now I want to do a DIY of it !
    Amit Rox likes this.
  4. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    My few observations of Left pull:
    I took my car two days back to find infamous prominent left pull. I suspected something was wrong and saw all 4 tires having less air.
    (Last week I had given my car to my relative for a ride and he had filled diesel and air from a nearby petrol pump.) I usually fill air in a nearby puncture repair shop as I simply don't believe on the pressure gauges used at the pump stations. So I took the car to my regular man and he immediately asked me if I had filled in a petrol pump and claimed that they have wrong readings there. It showed 18 Front Left, 17 in Front Right and 20 each in Rear Left and Rear Right.
    Filled air fresh and then took for a test ride. The car was absolutely normal. So my prediction is right. The tire pressure indeed has something to do with left pull.
    Lessons Learnt:
    1. Avoid filling at stations
    2. Better to invest on our own tire inflators/pressure measurement devices and DIY air filling rather than filling at petrol stations.
    gpunto75 likes this.
  5. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @KPR, I have a totally reverse opinion based on experience.
    During last 3.5 year's ownership of Linea, I always filled air at petrol-pumps (mostly my regular ones) and never felt any PULL issue. However, my experience with puncture repair shops (for my Indica, LML Vespa and TVS bike) always showed that they filled to much higher pressures that I learnt when cross-checked at Petrol Pumps.

However, now-a-days, we find bigger tyre-care shops that do WA, WB, Nitrogen etc. along with puncture repair and they do better job, but they too have similar air-filling set-up that we see at petrol pumps.

Comments by other forum members?
  6. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Folks,
    Air should be filled in Tyres when they are cold (within 3 kms ) from start, as hot Tyres do show more air reading as the air expands, so for exact reading fill in cold tyre,
    ^^ those same kind of thing happen n no. Of times with me...
    Difference in guages error.
    Get your personal gauge to clear the confusion...
    Hope this helps :)
  7. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Calibrated air pressure gauge??????????? in India??????

ha ha ha
  8. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Meanwhile this weekend the RED took a bath.

1.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 19, 2016 ---
    This Friday the RED will be taken for road trip to Mumbai from Trichy and Back!! So RED is ready for NH challenge.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  9. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Stock bulbs in my RED are H4 OSRAM BILUX 60/55 W. Just now changed the bulbs to Philips Xtreme vision Plus of H4 & same 60/55 W. Let me see if there is any improvement in visibility during night drives.
    Amit Rox likes this.
  10. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    waiting for your review on this. As I also want to change to Philips extreme vision.