1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My name is RED

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by KPR, Oct 29, 2015.

1. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I wash my RED inside out on my own using 3M microfiber cloth once in two weeks. Remaining time just Jopasu-ing my RED.
    I need suggestions to buy a proper wax for it.
  2. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Wax selection depends on your budget, go for collinite 845 it has good durability n shine. Or other options like meguiars nxt 2.0 or liquid wax. I found the armor all butter smooth wax doesn't let the dirt stick on the car n also very easy to apply. Costs around Rs 500 on Amazon.
    KPR and PradeepM like this.
  3. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    You can also try poorboy's products. They are similar to collinite and won't attract dust as much. four star ultimate paint protection is another excellent product, gives superb shine. It's slightly expensive but lasts long. Optimum liquid car wax is good one as well.
  4. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  5. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    So my RED after a wash :)

1.jpg

2.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 18, 2015 ---
    @linea4me @aramico Thanks for your inputs. Purchased Armor all butter smooth wax. Did a three hour cleaning then waxed my RED.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    Rama, Turbothinghy and linea4me like this.
  6. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Is that actually the Ferrari red? Ferrari seems to be using a darker metallic colour which even I would have preferred.
  7. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Aniket Dessai one of the FASC executive said me that the Red in Punto is very few % lower than actual Ferrari Red composition. Reason being to differentiate with Ferrari. I have my doubts. I don't know how far it is true. Experts can say if this true or not.
    But the Exotica Red quality is top notch. Surely the Red of Fiat is far better than many in competition. Only a Polo can come closer to it.
  8. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    During Christmas holidays me, myself and my 3 year old daughter had taken our RED for a trip from Trichy to Vizag and back. The total trip was of 2271 KM. It was simply great to take our RED in highways. The road approaching Vijayawada from Chennai is simply superb as it is the nearby city to the newly identified capital.

The problem with Chennai to Vizag route is lack of good road side restaurants throughout. For good food one has to enter Guntur, Vijayawada or Rajamundry which will cause delay. As I had suffered for proper food during my earlier trip to Vizag by road in 2013, this time I had yummy packed foods both while going and return with all variety of snacks, juices. Mileage at the end of trip read 17.4 in MID.

Diesel rates in AP is way too costly.

AP = Rs 51.64 /Litre
    TN = Rs. 47.77 / Litre
    I used Google offline maps. It was accurate and saved us a lot of data.

The memories of this trip will stay with us forever. That is what special about such road trips and thanks to RED for an amazing comfort which it gave to all of us without breaking any sweat.
    upload_2015-12-30_10-29-27.png
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    Subhendusc and linea4me like this.
  9. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    On new year day my RED was given for first free service at 5000 KM. Complaints from my side : NIL.
    I have not noticed any pull towards left.
    My doubt is when shall I do WA and WB as it was not done during service? Also I fear that as things are good I shouldn't touch anything to create a new issue.
  10. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR what is WA & WB ?