1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My name is RED

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by KPR, Oct 29, 2015.

1. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The turbo lag is not felt much like it used to during city drives and it is really helpful. I have read in a different thread that the ECU update is not for all cars. So want to know whether different cars are offered differently tuned ECU
    KPR likes this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Did you get to know if its for a particular batch of 90 hps? I would be getting my 90 hp serviced on the coming tuesday as i thought its better to service her before the remap. Also want to make sure if there is any ecu update for my punto, so that i dont have to get it re-flashed after the ecu update
  3. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy Yes it is only for a particular batch of 90hps. One more avvy that came for service got its update done in the morning. They have a list of customers for whom update to be done. So need not worry. While servicing you will get to k ow in case they have left out your VIN.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  4. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes ji I'm from Trichy.. Srirangam to be precise. We should meet with our fiats. Marvel Trichy has so far been good for me. There is nothing really to complain about although the rate at which mechanics/service personnel attrition takes place I get some blues. Nevertheless so far all my mostly minor niggles/issues have been addressed.
    prabhjot and V. K. Pasupathy like this.
  5. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR That's so nice of you. Will keep you informed of my next visit to Trichy when it happens, well in advance and see if we can meet up.
    KPR likes this.
  6. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    So I've finally taken an Insurance from RS for my second year with my RED (switching over from original comprehensive FG). This time I ensured that I 've a Zero Dep one based on good reviews about RS. The total costed me 16.5K after several negotiations.
    Deepak likes this.
  7. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    On 20.10.2016 Thursday I got a call for updating ECU for emissions since last week it couldn't be done due to connectivity issues. This time I had made an appointment for Saturday afternoon (today). So leisurely took my car for the update. So by 2:30 pm connection of tool to OBD was made, laptop was connected to wifi and the updating software program was run feeding VIN, engine number etc. Then mid way at 5% of installing updates there was a connection failure. The service personnel once again ran and again it fell at 2% with an error of connection failure. I got frustrated with the wifi connection and the service personnel only reply was "sir we did yesterday for one evo, there lineas and an avventura without any problem. Our connectivity is good only". The trying to update went on till 5:30 pm. Yes three hours and I was patient (no I'm not a monk) By 5:30 I started raising voice with Customer Relation Manager for lack of knowledge for this simple update which is considered not of much use to customer w.r.to driveability! The car will not start as the update has failed intermittently. Call from home started flowing asking what are you doing with a car for absolutely no problem. I uttered home out of impatience that if the car starts I will come soon . My wife also drives this vehicle as frequent as I drive. She said I need my (not our?) car here before 6:30 pm. Now it is a concern. Everyone was panic being Saturday. Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) lady made calls to ascertain the procedure. We started doubting the OBD tool and the OBD female in BCM and asked them to check for tightly fitting the tool in OBD port. One mechanic named Mr.Raj Kumar promptly opened the driver right side AC vent dash piece and the bottom menu switches plastic. I asked what is there? He answered there's one more OBD port there. Connected tool to the second OBD female of the car. Bingo!!! ECU update went smoothly. The mechanic said me the new puntos, lineas have two OBD sockets in BCM instead of One in previous versions. This he learnt during his training classes.
    Now I raised a complaint on the failing regular primary OBD and check for any warranty replacement of damaged part or even BCM!
    So I got back the car.
    After four and a half hours of difficulty got back the car as good as I dropped in at 2:00 pm.
    I appreciated Mr.Raj Kumar for his remembrance albeit late interference into the issue.
    CRM and service personnel expressed their apologies for the unnecessary delay. I took the positive side of the incident of knowing few more things in the car like secondary OBD port and thanked their dedication to somehow sort the issue despite being Saturday evening.
    A small compliment was given for this incident which is a Fiat Panda (a soft toy) which i gave it to my daughter who enjoyed playing with as kung fu panda .

6ad0f756dedce649d57816754df0c26a.jpg

Once again I'm happy about Marvel and appreciate them for the end result of obtaining a solution rather than trying to find excuses that are lame although the root cause may be small.

Review of ECU update:
    Will post after 100 km drive. However the initial feel is that the second gear has become more smooth (I drove 5kms in second gear only to find this. There is no bogging by weight of punto as I felt earlier)
    Sorry for the long post.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  8. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Same had happened with my Linea's emission update. The bottom port was not recognizing the scanner, they tried multiple and failed. Later the cover of the fuse area was opened to connect to the second port and the update was successful. Even I had doubt if the port connection to bcu had any issues and was asking whether to get it replaced under warranty.
    But few days later used the same port for scanning and was working fine.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Raaz and KPR like this.
  9. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  10. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ha ha good one @KPR
    ECU update let you realized that you have been using your wife's car till date. ;-)
    Rama and KPR like this.