1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My name is RED

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by KPR, Oct 29, 2015.

1. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot The inquisitive hope in Fiat service brings happiness than complacent ASC of mass sellers!
    I have found Marvel to be good enough in solving my niggles or doubts if any.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR : i had similar noise coming from rear left side. i folded the seat and went for a test drive. Dint hear any rattle. So i looked at the seat latch, i used to hear a metal-to-metal contact sound, i wrapped the latching rod (which is fixed to chassis) with a small cloth and locked the seat again. Sound vanished.
    gpunto75, Turbothinghy and KPR like this.
  3. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    That's a perennial problem with design of foldable 60 ratio-th seat. But mine is ok so far. ASC as a precaution did taping the rod. Be prepared to keep doing this again. Or if you are lucky this may well settle down on its own sweet spot.
  4. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Last week went on a drive to Palani and back in my RED. MID reading said 17.5 kmpl. As usual a smooth drive. The single laned roads from Dindigul to Ottanchatram to Palani and back were meant for Fiat lovers. No other car could match with the control and speed given by a punto. However the two laned highways from Trichy – Dindigul are regular and I hate to speed in those roads and focus on mileage while family is on sleeping mode.
    Meanwhile Fastag once again worked like a charm in Ponnambalapatti toll saving from cash payment. Onwards Rs.88/- was deducted and return on same day balance Rs.44/- was deducted.
    Trip details.JPG

Yesterday I reached 20000 KM on the ODO and being Sunday I did cleaning of the car. Long since I wanted to clean my alloys from inside too. So removed wheels one by one and did a thorough cleaning of the inside. Attached photos of a cleaned alloy. There were several tar marks which needed to be removed. WD 40 did the trick.

Backside of Alloy
    Alloy cleaning 2.jpg
    Front side of alloy
    Alloy cleaning 1.jpg
    20000 on the ODO
    20000 ODO.jpg
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Even I have ordered WD-40 for the stubborn tar marks. What are you doing for the chips on the alloys?. I have similar chips in 2 out of 4 alloys. LR alloy has a bigger chip though.
  6. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy By chips you mean scratches? No idea. May be a spray paint can do the job.

I'm planning for red painting DIY on front brake disc caliper and rear drum. Im planning to buy Bosny heat resistant paint available online. I noticed rusting of the rear brake drums which need attention. Any idea on what primer to use to match the heat resistant paint? Would a normal primer would suffice or special product?
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    gpunto75 likes this.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR: Ya bro I meant those scratches only. Even I want to get the alloys painted, will get it done post remap. I havent checked for rusting. I would be surprised if there is rusting in Pune's weather condition.
    KPR likes this.
  8. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR : im also planning to paint the calipher. i like the gold finish on them.

10945683_687628551348800_6353800048106134853_n.jpg
    KPR likes this.
  9. Trilok Chandar

Trilok Chandar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR Congrats on the 20K milestone.. Good to have the interior side of wheels cleaned periodically. Regarding repainting of the Callipers, what about the Yellow ? Like in the Ferrari.:happy:
    KPR likes this.