1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My name is RED

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by KPR, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Is the colour Bronzo Tan that debuted with Avventura?
  2. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Looks like Bronzo tan.. will look nice & is it replacing glitterati gold? I heard the color is being discontinued (not sure though)
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Fiat should have launched this color initially. It suits well to Punto. Though Fiat upgraded all the variants to 93hp, they removed
    1) all black interior
    2) rear spoiler
    3) 16' alloy, thus no alnac 4G tyres.
    only good addition is touchscreen system.
  4. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes even I feel it looks better on Punto sans the claddidng of Aventura. The black Interior should have been retrained along with 16" alloys. I think that's the price you pay for adding creature feature touch screen.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
  5. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    When I sat inside front passenger side, I found the beige seats of powertech has better cushioning than 90hp. Maybe just my feel.

Tuscon wine lovers will cheer for bronzo tan as well.

Now it will not be easy to identify from side 90 hp or 75 hp by the looks of alloys
  6. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Tuscan wine and glitterati gold discontinued, also blue n me removed ( voice dialing). The new headunit takes more time to read USB contents each time, than the blue me equipped systems.

But power Tech model felt more refined. It was lot smoother and lag has been reduced.
  7. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Last weekend on Saturday it was a day for temples visit at our ancestral place at Thekkur in Sivaganga District which is 150kms away from my home. RED performed well as usual. The trip figure details are attached. The drive was a mix of double laned, single laned, village roads and a few kilometres of off road.
    upload_2016-8-17_11-57-35.png

upload_2016-8-17_11-57-50.png

I got a mobile holder as gift from my brother which I started using in my RED. I find this holder to be excellent in holding the phone and more convenient to use unlike the suction type. However given the angle of inclination of Punto’s windshield the sunlight enters easily through the windshield and heats up the holder and phone. This seems to be unavoidable.

upload_2016-8-17_11-58-11.png

My brother sat in my car and exclaimed on the presence of new car smell in my car close to 20k Kms. The trick is :
    I intentionally not use any perfume inside car which is a boon in maintaining the new car smell. I did that mistake of placing various perfumes/fresheners in my old car which sapped away new car smell. So no perfume trick does well to retain new car smell.
    Deepak, aramico and PradeepM like this.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Adding the 4th point:
    4) Smoked headlamps
    Deepak, KPR and PradeepM like this.
  9. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    For the past few days noise started coming from leaft rear while passing through undulated roads speed breakers. Being quite busy left me to live with the noise for some time. Yesterday I had some free time and wanted to solve this issue.
    1. Checked the rear seat belts clips. Removed from behind and attached bth the 60:40 males to their females.
    Solution: Noise not settled.

2. Removed parcel tray completely and put it in house.
    Solution: Still irritating sound.

3. Removed 60 seat from holder and refitted it by slamming it.
    Solution: Not yet.

Finally went through various threads for noise and was specifically focussing on rear seat design problem like in this thread http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/rattling-with-rear-seat-design-issue.13320/ and rear suspension issue.

So yesterday evening I headed to Marvel fiat straight from my office to find a permanent fix for this issue. Two experienced technicians were dedicated to my issue first and they heard noise while I drove through patchy roads.

ASC guys once again did the following over again:

4. TD with seats in folded position. TD with parcel trays removed and seats properly fitted back. Noise didn’t stop.
    5. Mounted the car on the pedestal and checked for suspension issue. Nothing alarming noticed as reported by the technicians.
    6. Then they opened the rear boot hood, checked for any dangling piece or wire for reverse camera. Nothing alarming found.Everything seems intact.
    7. Meantime one more technician joined them and he removed both the boot struts and re fitted them again.
    TDed again.

Voila ! The issue got solved! The culprit here is the left boot strut. By slamming the boot door hard whether this would have got loosened?! Nowhere I found such issue in TFI. Pl don’t leave this root cause in future if anybody unfortunately end up with rear rattle or seat rattle kind of noise.

I must appreciate the patience and the progressive steps with which these Marvel Fiat ASC persons worked. Also thanks to the supervisor/in charge for putting the right men in work. Hope to expect good service from them in future too.
    Deepak, PradeepM, prabhjot and 2 others like this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    "Hope to expect good service..."

@KPR Ha, that sums up the strange ambivalence we FIAT owners experience, equal parts 'hope' and 'expectation', both a slight fear and an affirmation of FASS quantity and quality. From all reports the Marvel guys are notably decent and consistent? "No outsized expectations, levelled-neutral ones in fact, and things turn out consistently as hoped" is how i'd sum up my (and my dad's) experiences with FASS (during and post-Tata tie-up) over the last 5-6 years!

cheers
    KPR likes this.