1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My name is RED

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by KPR, Oct 29, 2015.

1. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Nice travelogue KPR. Red in front of the temple looks really good.
    KPR likes this.
  2. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    My Old stands at 17500kms. Done service at 14700kms , bill was 6800 rupees, used fully synthetic shell helix engine oil.
    KPR likes this.
  3. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Amit Rox. My car is also in 17500+ ODO. It is 17883 KM in the ODO to be precise. I did my 2nd free service on 01.06.2016. Total Bill was Rs.5934/- No complaints from my side. Occasional rattling noise complaint from media player which comes and goes off on its own. I didn't ask them to look into it. I can live with that occasional disturbance as I don't want to invite something new by opening dash panel.

Yesterday I found a problem. The floor was wet and was stinking. I had put a noodle mat over OEM fabric mat. On taking away both the layers I found the fabric mats have absorbed water and were wet. So took the car yesterday to Marvel Fiat and checked for any AC drain leakage or anything else which is causing wetness to floor. There was none.

Later I believe I've found the reason.The car was driven in heavy rain and had to wade through several pools of water on 28.07.2016 evening. We also had to open driver and co-passenger side doors often. Raining water just seeped in the time gap between various actions of opening door, umbrella, getting down carefully etc. Also while coming back to the car I was placing wet umbrellas in the rear left and right floors. This had caused water absorption by mats and the wetness never really went away. Hope these get dry enough soon and there is no other culprit causing damp floor. The RED is going take sun bath for the next two days. If the stinking smell doesn't go off I have to take it to ASC and remove the floor carpet for drying it thoroughly.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2016
    Amit Rox likes this.
  4. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Prisma Punto. Turned out to be good!

prisma.jpg
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR : Your red looks devilish in the above Prisma pic, specially the eyes :D
    KPR likes this.
  6. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Blacked out headlights:happy:
  7. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Today evening I stopped the car at parking lot and have found that the interior orange ambient lighting (horizontal streak) in left front side is not working. What could be the issue? Any reason? Need to visit ASC tomorrow.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  8. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @KPR,
    May be the LED's at that point have gone bust (my assumption). I have not come across such issue yet and this is the first one to my knowledge.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Turbothinghy and KPR like this.
  9. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The item is new in evo, avvy and new linea. Google on the problem yielded no result. So let me see if this is an easy fix with ASC.
  10. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Happened to make a short visit to ASC to check the problem of Light Guide in passenger dashboard not working. To my surprise when I showed them it started working fine!!! Don't really know what to say! Anyways let me keep an eye on it.

BTW Spotted new punto powertech 90HP in the dealership. Attached photos. New colour! No more all black interiors it seems. It comes only in beige with the emotion alloys. How is the new brown color? It looks nice to my eyes!

powertech 2.jpg

powertech 3.jpg

Powertech1.jpg

MODS: To kindly move powertech to appropriate thread.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    PradeepM likes this.