1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My name is RED

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by KPR, Oct 29, 2015.

1. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    This is a first timer’s simple ownership review.
    I have earlier owned two cars of MS - alto and then a swift diesel. Both are still ubiquitous. The car selection was like playing a test cricket match for a draw and keep saying my men played well (the why a draw?) due to the fact that my brain working financials. A well proven safe defensive approach in car selection. Changed not only the nature of test cricket but also my thinking. (Change is always welcome na?) One fine day I thought why not try Fiat? Thanks to my cousin (don’t know if he is TFI-an). He asked me to look for Fiat cars as my next car based on his happy possession of Linea MJD. So came time to change my swift to a new one. I rejected VW straight away as I may have to pay EMI for servicing of VW car too.
    I did test drives. Joined TFI for getting over bewilderment of choosing right one. Then started this post on purchase queries and finally narrowed down on Punto Evo 90 HP. More details in thread http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/bew...ght-one-for-me-90-or-75-hp-booked-90hp.14846/
    After so many issues on delivery (like Indian arranged marriages) I took delivery of my RED - 90 HP sports from Marvel Motors on the eve of Dussera. This time it’s a selection true to my heart. Feeling elated. My hard times in delayed delivery were consoled by providing demo cars (first a Petrol 1.4 fire punto and later an emotion avvy served my runs). The delivery issues about Fiat cars better not to discuss.
    Come the new car gone the issues.
    Let's Benvenuto Punto
    Photos attached (Mobile quality only)
    Exterior 1.jpg Exterior 2.jpg Exterior 3.jpg Exterior 5.jpg First Pic.jpg Interior 1.jpg

My previous car was swift VDI. A brief on where Punto is better than Swift?
    - Good build quality all around. (like Good old Godrej Bureau)
    - No prominent cost cuttings
    - Comfy seats
    - Life beyond 100kmph
    - Good steering response (Fiat is king of Hydraulics)
    - Drives like a mature sedan although a hatch (I can relate it to RE of bikes)
    - Excellent braking ability
    - Sports interior is really feels premium

Where Swift is better than Punto?
    -Peppier to drive (relate swift as Pulsar in bikes). Punchier 75 HP multijet of swift owing to less weight of the car.
    - Better mileage
    - Excellent Resale value

So Fiat – Why? Many in my locality are happy seeing fiat and they started reviving their memories of Fiat Premier padminis. Although few ask why Fiat straight out or by their looks.

Next day of delivery I had an opportunity to go for a 300 km highway drive. I found no pull to left. Maybe cambering of roads to left tends to make us think that way. I had to hold back my right leg on accelerator as I had to go calm. Going at 90-100 KMPH was like giving sedate pill to all the co-passengers. All were so comfy and sleepy with that speed. Even the car was sleeping at 90-100.
    The RED had its own on-lookers during that highway drive. I found one scorpio was cruising happily at 120+ but slowed down to 90-100 to see my RED in close or one new grey swift going front and back and asking me to come race with him. All I wish I could convey him was smiles and be safe as there are many miles to go before you sleep.

Ext 10.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @KPR

Thats one hot looking hatch mate. You will need to spend some additional moolah on getting some detailing products to keep that gloss. I don't agree that Swift gives a better mileage than Punto. I have been regularly getting 20+ kmpl during my everyday rides. Also the turbo pick up in swift is dangerously exponential whereas in Punto its some what more linear.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely. Keep updating about your travelogues.
  3. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you. 90 HP vs Swift's 75 HP? I would be more happier if I get more mileage as you get.
    My ambitions to travel with this car are high enough.
    1. Leh-manali circuit (once I have done and can be done with this beauty)
    2. To Bhutan (Tougher as I have no idea whatsoever)
    3. Malaysia (Ha ha - first to complete point nos. 1 & 2)
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  4. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    The red colour is really eye catching. It is Ferrari red
    KPR likes this.
  5. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    And congrats on your red avvy.
  6. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations @KPR for the RED, and a very warm welcome to the TFI family.

Simple yet so brilliant ownership review. Fiats are something only people with the nack for cars would love as these are just cars which are made to do what they are ment to do (e.g these days phones are good with every thing a lots of apps and net connectivity but the basic and the most important feature i.e "Calling"has been side lined smillaly its with cars.. Hyundai which are a big flop around the globe, but sells like hot cakes here in India cause nobody respects life here).

And I want to thank you for reminding me that I need to write my ownership reviw which is pending since last December. :smuggrin:
    carl_jhonson likes this.
  7. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Blue & me is really a boon and feel excited having it.I've a doubt reg blue and me. How many phones can I connect with car. Is it mentioned in manual for blue&me ? I need to connect my wife's phone alongwith copying phonebook.
  8. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR you can do it easily.

I have done upto 3 .
  9. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Subhendusc Thank you. Maybe had some error when I attempted 2nd one. Will do it again.
  10. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Congrats