1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My mini Maserati

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by GirishRaghu, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Girish,
    if not done before,as you are driving along with family, try to know once how to change the tyre if got punctured.
    Enjoy your trip.
    GirishRaghu likes this.
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @GirishRaghu : Road condition (NH4) in Karnataka is excellent. You gonna love this drive. Take NICE ring road just before you enter Bangalore. It will bypass the city traffic and take you directly on Chennai highway. Road from Bangalore to Chennai (via Krishnagiri) is in excellent condition too. There was some minor work going on in Hosur TN , but its fine now. Have a safe drive.
    Jus a question: why are you carrying the engine oil? is it due for the service?
    GirishRaghu likes this.
  3. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @Deepak for your inputs.

Carrying oil as a precautionary measure, in case there is a leakage and I need to top up.
  4. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys,

Back from the trip sometime back, but couldn't find time to update the thread.

1. Onward trip -

Day 1 => Thane - Chitradurga. Distance = 800 kms. Time = 17 hours.
    Left Thane by around 8.30 AM and reached Chitradurga by 1.30 AM.
    Around 11.30 PM, when crossing a remote area there was a screeching sound. I think it was from right front wheel.
    Got scared. Pulled over, got my torch out and checked but couldn't find anything. Since it was a remote area; and with family
    onboard thought it is not safe to be there for long. Hence, continued on my way. The sound was there for a kilometer or so and then disappeared never to turn. Still clueless as to what might have caused it.

Day 2 = > Rest and sight seeing in Chitradurga. Amazing place. Stayed at KSTDC yatri nivas. Very nice place, good hospitality and nice food at a reasonable price. It is also very close to the famous fort.

http://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Rev...inivas_Chitradurga-Chitradurga_Karnataka.html

Day 3 => Chitradurga - Chennai. Distance = 550 kms. Time => 11 hours.

Overall FE - 22 kmpl.

2. Return trip -

Day 1 => Chennai - Chitradurga. Distance = 550 kms. Time => 11 hours.

Day 2 => Chitradurga - Kolhapur. Distance = 500 kms. Time => 10 hours.
    Had a stop over, and visited the Mahalakshmi temple.

Day 3 => Kolhapur - Thane. Distance = 450 kms. Time = 12 hours.

Overall FE - 20 kmpl.

Observations -

NH4 is simply superb, once you cross over in to KA though. Once of the beautiful highways I have ever travelled.
    KA PWD - Hats off to you guys. Well maintained roads and reasonable toll. Take a bow!
    Its a shame, we should take a leaf out of their book. Anybody from MH PWD here?

NH-46 Bangalore - Chennai is again very well maintained and scenic.

NICE road is really nice! It bypasses the Bangalore traffic and takes you directly to Hosur. Again very well maintained by BDA. Hats off to you guys. @Deepak - Thanks for this suggestion. Was very helpful.

Overall a very thrilling experience :)

Cheers
    Ganges and ghodlur like this.
  5. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @GirishRaghu : well done :)
    about the screeching sound: no need to worry . its the tyre sound on newly laid tarmac. I and many people have experienced it on that stretch :) in fact i have seen many cars stopped there and driver checking the bonnet :p nothing to worry.
    Good that you took NICE road. it saved you ~2 hour.
    (Its maintained by a private company - Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises [NICE])
    GirishRaghu likes this.
  6. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP