1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My mini Maserati

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by GirishRaghu, Jan 1, 2012.

1. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Girish,

Thanks. I will convey the wishes to her :happy:
    Yes, it was a day trip. Left at around 1 PM after lunch at good old Sanman, at Kapurbawadi, and returned by 12.30 AM.
    Initial plan was to leave by Saturday itself, overnight stay at Pune and visit Jejuri on Sunday and return to Thane but it didn't work out.
    May be will cover Jejuri next time during next Ashtavinayak temple visit. I am yet to see 3 more.

I am planning to go to Balaji this Saturday for oil change. Last week, the familiar khat-khat sound surfaced again and they diagnosed it to be coming from front right suspension which needs to be replaced. It is not in stock and I am still waiting for it; hopefully it will be delivered before Saturday so that I can get both the things done.

Last time, when I had reported a similar sound from front right wheel , it was diagnosed as a worn out link rod, which was replaced but this time it seems the suspension is the culprit. Hopefully the new suspension will fix it :)

I will get the re-mapping done when they visit Mumbai next time, not in a hurry as such.

Cheers.
    ghodlur likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Would it better to get a second opinion for the issue since it seems like Balaji does not do a complete diagnosis of the problem and provides just the temporary solution. Might be worth visiting RS motors or Torrid to just have a second opinion in case you have time on hand.
  3. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sure, good idea. I was actually thinking of going down to that Ex-Balaji guy who has set up his own garage.
    If you got his number, send me pls.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    His name is Francis Anthony and contact details are +919769944716 & +91 9594744477. He is based somewhere in Mulund near the Mulund Goregaon Link road. Call him up for the correct address.
    GirishRaghu likes this.
  5. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you sir.
  6. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Impressive service by Francis and his team. Home pick up and drop; got the left lower arm, right shock absorber and the 2 link rods changed. Car back to its full glory now. He suggested that the engine oil change can be deferred for sometime as the current oil is in good shape. So, will probably get oil changed after another 500 kms or so.

He has also started mobile service, where in for things like - oil change, other fluid top-ups and minor repairs he will come to the customer's place and do it there itself. Quite innovative I would say, lets see how he gets along with it.

Cheers
    prabhjot and ghodlur like this.
  7. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    4 Years, 3 Months & 70K

She completed 70K kilometers last evening while returning from Nasik.
    It has been a wonderful experience over the past 4 years and 3 months;
    Highlights -

1. She took me to places where I never imagined I could drive down to
    2. Rock solid build, no major rattles.
    3. Even now, terrific ride and handling. Every time I drive through a ghat section there is a wide grin on the face.

Apr15-3.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 20, 2015 ---
    Thane - Chennai

Hi Team,

Planning a road trip to Chennai this Saturday, 25th April 2015.
    Here is the plan -

1. Leave Thane by around 7 AM.
    2. Drive down to ChitraDurga, which is approximately 800 kms from Thane. Overnight stay.
    3. Next morning, leave for Chennai by around 8 AM which is about 560 kilometers away.
    4. Should reach Chennai by 10 PM.

I will be travelling with my wife, mother, and little son.
    I am thinking of carrying the following -

1. Lots of food and water, things to munch viz. biscuits, mixture etc.
    2. Redbull. Is it really a sleep buster or is just a myth ?
    3. Some blankets so that I can make a good bed, on the rear seat, for the little one.
    4. 2 cans of Mobil Delvac-1 oil.
    5. Torch.

Anything else? Let me know, if I am missing something important.

I just want to know the following -

1. Good eateries on the highway.
    2. Reliable fuel stations if any.
    3. Road condition in KA. I know that the Pune - Satara stretch is pathetic and I have heard that the road transforms into a butter smooth runway as soon as it enters KA. So, 800 kilometers should be doable I guess.

Any other inputs are welcome :)

Cheers.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    Ganges likes this.
  8. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    You will be taking Bangalore-Chennai NH4 (via Kolar-chittoor)? or the 4-lane one via Krishnagiri?. I have traveled from Mumbai to Vellore twice via Krishnagiri and have faced no problem about fueling station or eateries. Even from Pune to Belgavi (Belgam) the road was quite good during last October. We stayed at Dharwad one night. That area was beautiful after monsoon. You may face problem while crossing Bangaluru. I took the bypass both the time.
    Wish you enjoyable travel.
    GirishRaghu and prabhjot like this.
  9. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Ravi_M Thanks for your inputs. I will probably take the Krishnagiri route.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @GirishRaghu

All the best for the trip. Drive safely.

I hope you must have contacted a few bangalore BHPians and got their contact nos just in case required. Take a few minutes break every 200 kms or so.
    GirishRaghu likes this.