1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My mini Maserati

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by GirishRaghu, Jan 1, 2012.

1. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Ah , my bad really. It didn't occur to me, thanks for mentioning.

Cheers
  2. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I was looking forward to the long Dusherra weekend, hands were itching for a long drive as its been quite a while since I went on one and moreover car was in pristine condition after the 60K service in Sept.

So, finally decided to go to Ganapatipule, it was a long standing wish and I was happy that finally it materialized.

Started at around 9 AM from Thane and took the Goa highway. (NH-17). I must admit - what a road - absolutely scenic. Perhaps one of the most picturesque roads I have taken so far. It has so many ghat sections, and the GP didn't disappoint. The way she handled the ghats and the broken stretches brought a smile on my face. I just wish the PWD folks fix the broken stretches ASAP. 380 kilometers covered in about 10 hours with some breaks. To my surprise, there was no fatigue next morning and spent the day sight seeing.

On return, took the Bangalore highway (NH-4). Very well maintained highway, I have always admired this one. 530 kilometers covered in 13 hours, not too bad huh :)

Overall 950 kilometers in 3 days, I think it was totally worth it.
    Uploading some pictures.

Cheers.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 10, 2014 ---
    Pics....

DSC05492.JPG

DSC05496.JPG

DSC05502.JPG

DSC05506.JPG

DSC05525.JPG

DSC05527.JPG

DSC05529.JPG

DSC05542.JPG
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    pdash, prabhjot, Raj_pol and 3 others like this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Girish,

Great pics, good to know you made good use of the holidays. By the way the road which you described, must be after Vadhkal naka right? Coz I had recently gone to Alibag for team building event and the road till Vadhkal was horrific, cant even be called in any terms NH. I do sometime want to flog our poiliticos for not paying enough attention to our beautiful natural resources.

I hope the itch continues and you cover many more happy miles with smiles.
  4. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Girish :)
    Rightly said, it doesnt qualify for a NH. It is a shame, to see such a scenic road in such a bad shape. I am not sure if it was until Vadkal, but it took me around 3.5 hours to cover first 90 kilometers, cant get worst than that. Road turns better only from Poladpur onwards. Not sure when the 4 lanning work will complete, it is dragging on for years now.
    We take pride in saying our state is one of the most industrialised ones in the country, but roads are terrible. We should take a leaf out of our neighbour's book, roads there are a treat, seriously!

Itch is always there for a loong drive :)
    How was your long weekend....we should catch up sometime next week in Powai!
  5. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Bought a new Windows 8.1 phone last week, Lumia 730, last week and have been facing problems connecting the phone with the Blue&Me. Initially, Blue&Me didn't show up only in the list of bluetooth devices on the phone :(. After restarting it a couple of times, started showing up but now I am facing couple of problems -
    1. Connection gets lost sporadically.
    2. Even if phone is connected, I am unable to make or recieve calls.

Googled a bit, and found this thread -

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e/a2c05f20-0d4b-4671-aee1-81599c3a75b2?page=2

So, many people are facing this issue across the globe and the solution is to update the Blue&Me's firmware.

Has anyone of you faced this issue, if so please share your experiences. Also, need some help in updating the Blue&Me's firmware as I have not done this before.

Cheers
  6. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys,

I still cant get my Windows 8.1 phone to work with Blue&Me. Any ideas please? Has anyone faced this issue, and if yes what's the resolution?

Also, noticed some lumps on the front door last week. Could these be due to daily washing of the car using borewell water? :(

Attaching some pictures for reference -

3.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
  7. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    4 years complete, and still going strong

Dear All,

On 31st, my mini Maserati AKA my first love, as per my wife, completed 4 years. Before I could realize, another year has rolled
    by in a hurry. The odometer was at 65,750.
    Some highlights from 2014 -

Maintenance & Issues -
    1. Steering and engine oil started leaking after car underbody hit a lump on the edge of the road. Entire steering column
    was replaced.
    2. 60K scheduled service done. Turbo was cleaned, pick seems to have improved a bit.
    3. Steering pads were replaced.
    4. LHS headlamp gave way 2 weeks ago. Replaced with the spare bulb that came with the car.

Travelogues -
    1. Thane - Ganapatipule - Ratnagiri trip. Was a very thrilling and memorable trip. NH-17 with its winding ghat stretches
    and fraught with lush greenery is a delight. This road, except bad patches, is a driver's paradise.
    2. Thane - Kolhapur. As ever, NH-4 always delights.
    3. Numerous Thane - Nasik trips.

Travelogues planned for 2015 -

1. Thane - Chennai. This has been on top for my list for a while, but hasn't materialised yet. Probably will go for it this
    Summer. I am planning to take NH-4, Thane - Bangalore - Chennai, which is I guess the default route. As I will be the
    only driver I wont do the entire 1300 km journey in one go; I will take a break after 700 kms or so. So, probably break
    will be at Hubli or Davangere. I guess it will be 30 hour drive given the fact that I am not a speed freak and hardly exceed
    90 on highways. If any of you have undertaken this trip, please advise.
    2. Thane - Indore to visit the 2 Jyotirling temples. This is about a 600 KM roadtrip and with NH-3 in such a good shape,
    it is doable in 10 to 12 hours.
    3. Thane - Panjim. Hopefully during Christmas this year.

Mods planned -
    1. Get the remap done in March once the extended warranty expires.
    2. Switch to Mobil one fully synthetic oil in March, once extended warranty expires.
    3. Thinking of installing Philips LED head lamps. Has anyone tried these, if so please share your feedback.

Attaching some latest pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Pic1.jpg WP_20150102_20_30_27_Pro.jpg
  9. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Short update -

Been to 'Maha-Ganapati' temple in Ranjangoan on Sunday, as it was Mom's birthday. Took Pune Expressway until Talegaon toll plaza and then took the Talegaon Chakan road. Road is good but congested as it is narrow. Commercial vehicles take this road as Chakan is an industrial area. Anyways, Punto delighted as always. Average fuel economy was around 22.

Had good darshan. For those who don't know, Fiat factory is just about 3-4 kilometers from the temple. Drove down till the main gate, and showed it to my little son and told him that it is the place where our car was made around 5 years ago and that got him excited :)

Overall a good trip!

Cheers
    ghodlur, dadasaheb and pabhishek like this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @GirishRaghu

Wish your mom a happy b'day on behalf of TFI please. Was this a day trip? I had visited Maha ganpati when I had embarked on the Ashta Vinayak trip in my earlier Fiesta a couple of years back. Even then the Chakan road was beautiful to drive.

When is the car being Wolfed? I didnt knew you wanted to do so since Adarsh had called me a couple of days back when he was enroute to Pune and I could have suggested your name to him. When is the oil change to Mobil being planned? Are you getting it done at Balaji or outside?