1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My mini Maserati

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by GirishRaghu, Jan 1, 2012.

1. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    PM me your GP's registration number so I will be on the look out as well :)
  2. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi,

The 'Airbag failure' message became more frequently off late and finally day before yesterday got the battery replaced. I stuck to the same as OEM Exide (50AH) as suggested by the technician though I was more inclined towards Amaron 55AH. The old battery lasted 3.5 years and 56,400 Kms. The technician was of the opinion that the battery performed quite well. After replacement, havent seen that dreaded message yet :)
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Girish,

How much did the Exide cost and what would have been the difference amount for the Amaron battery? How much warranty does Exide come with?
  4. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Girish,

The Exide cost me 5,200 INR. Actual price was 6,400 INR and I got 1,200 for my old battery. Feels nice now, car starts real quick.
    For the first year, they provide free replacement and after that they provide discount based on battery's age for the next 5 years I guess, will confirm.

The Amaron was about 500 INR more expensive but it is a 55AH one, they dont have a 50AH battery. The technician's suggestion was to stick to 50AH though I know most of us have upgraded to Amaron 55AH. So, can someone explain the benefits of upgrading to 55AH and if perils (if any) ?
    1 person likes this.
  5. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Next is to replace the tiny battery inside remote key. It is also showing signs of aging as at times the remote doesn't work.
    Had been to a watch shop last weekend, but he didnt have the battery in stock. Will probably replace it this weekend :)
  6. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    So, its almost 3.5 years now since my love affair with my Italian beauty started ;)
    Thought of giving her a makeover, as it's been a long time; had got the roof wrapped in black last June from 3M Thane, so it's been a year.
    Took her to R.S. Motors, Kandivli to get the OVRMs, front brake callipers, and rear brake drums painted in Red.
    As always, paint job from R.S. Motors was fantastic. Now let the pics do the talking -

WP_000721.jpg WP_000722.jpg WP_000723.jpg WP_000725.jpg
    3 people like this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Nice Girish. The OVRMS look good in Red. How much did it cost you individually or all combined?

Also how much did that black rooofing cost at 3M?
  8. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The coloring cost me around 2.6K, 600 for the ORVMs and 2K for the wheels.

The black roofing set me back by around 6K, need to check the bill for exact amount.

Cheers
    1 person likes this.
  9. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    ODO is at 59,800. She is going in for the scheduled service at 60K tomorrow.
    Anything in particular that I need to take care of, apart from the items I have ticked in the attachment.

What is difference between engine oil & transmission oil? Looks like both will be replaced.

Cheers IMG_1636.jpg
  10. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Why did you have to color the OVRMS? You could have changed the cover on each side.It costs Rs.73 per piece. I recently changed the original red one which comes with the Sports version with black ones. Now I have two sets of covers black and red. I can change whenever I want.
    GirishRaghu likes this.