1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My mini Maserati

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by GirishRaghu, Jan 1, 2012.

1. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    u can also get local universal armrest fitted from any of the car accessories shop...for Rs1000
  2. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I paid around 6300. Some filters were replaced, and all lubricants topped up.
  3. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    So, had been to Nasik + Shirdi last weekend, which was quite a long one for me. The GP again impressed with its fuel efficiency and with its pliant ride over rough surfaces.
    Overall fuel efficiency was around 22 kmpl with A/C on most of the time; with A/C off on the way back to Nasik from Shirdi, it went upto 24 kmpl.
    The monsoon had wrecked certain stretches of NH3 and some stretches of the Nasik Shirdi highway; and this is where the Punto impressed. Most of the pot-holes; the small and medium ones and even some big ones were just gobbled up; no damage done. Just that some very nasty ones troubled it a bit and some jerk was felt in the cabin. What made me feel proud is that on some bad stretches where most of the hatches had to slow down; I didn't bother to slow down as I knew my baby would just glide over them! Cushioning effect was terrific. It was raining quite heavily; and the handling impressed as well. From what I have observed over the past 1.5 years, I think the GP's ride quality improves with speed. At low speeds may be some little jerks can be felt in the cabin, but as the speed increases it just blows you away!

Overall, it was a very exciting and impressive drive. :D
  4. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Team,
    Its been a long time since I provided an update. Work kept me busy and found it difficult to take time out to pen down something useful.
    Anyways, I completed 3 years of ownership on 31st Dec 2013. As of today, I have clocked 52,985 kilometers and I must admit that I have enjoyed
    every bit of it.
    What all I did last year -
    1. Tyre change at 47000 kms. Upgraded to Yokahama AES 100 205/60 R15. Tread design is a head turner; I have seen people gawking at the tyre at traffic lights.
    Tyre noise has also gond down considerably and it also provided superior grip.
    For Thaneites, I would recommend Premji's tyre shop. The owner is a nice gentleman, and very knowledgeable about tyres too. Last time when I went for
    wheel alignment and balancing he explained in detail the process involved and how to decipher the various parameters in the report.
    It was overall a good experience.
    2. Got the roof blackened at 3M to add to the looks of the car.
    3. Went on a Satara - Kaas - Kolhapur trip in October and was amazed by the car's rock solid stability and the way it conquered the ghat section between
    Pune and Satara and later the ghat section near Kaas. We covered around 1200 kms in 4 days and overall fuel-efficiency was around 20 kmpl.
    I was also amazed by the way it just glided effortlessly over bad patches. Unfortunately, the NH4, though a nice highway, is fraught with quite a few
    bad stretches here and there which might take you by surprise. I remember that on the way back from Kolhapur, had a race with a Swift. The Swift guy
    was at a very high speed when he overtook me for the first time; but soon he had to slow down because of a bad patch and this is where the Punto
    shone; I didnt even bother to slow down and overtook him. The same thing happened 3-4 times; everytime I would overtake him on a bad stretch and
    again while overtaking he would stare at me in amazement as if to say "how do you do that? " :)
    I think I killed many egos that day!!!
    In a nut shell, this car is definitely "Queen of the highways" :) No second thoughts on this.
    4. Got the link rod changed. I get a feeling that this is down to my own style of riding. Since I dont bother to slow down over bad patches, I think
    it takes it toll on the car leading to early wear and tear.
    5. Replaced the grill with black one; I guess black grill suits BNW Punto more than the default one.
    Things planned for 2014 -
    1. Get the front brake calipers and rear brake drums painted in Red. Can someone point me to a good garage in Thane / Mumbai for this please?
    2. Get 3M floor mats.
    3. Switch to Mobile 1 fully synthetic oil at 60K. I have read in other blogs that this oil make the mill silky smooth. I will update once I get this
    done.
    4. Get Red Soul reverse parking system. I have heard that this is very good. Unfortunately, they dont have a sales outlet in Mumbai so either I have
    to get it from Pune or travel to Pune to get it installed. Has anyone got this on their cars? If yes, please share your feedback.
    5. Of course, many more long drives.
    I will post some pictures shortly.
    Cheers
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats on completion of 3 years!! Wishing you many more miles of Pure bliss!!
    Waiting for the pics especially of yoko's :)
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Girish (same name as mine),
    Heartiest congratulations on completing 3 yrs with the Punto. Wishing you many more happy (S)miles of blissful driving. BTW I hope you got yourselves the extended warranty for that peace of mind for the next couple of years.
    Defintiely need pics for points 1 and 2. Even I am a regular at Premji's for the wheel alignment/balancing. Mark is a thorough gentleman and talking to him everytime makes me feel relaxed that I am not being fleeced. Where did you get the grill changed and how much did the black roofing cost? more details please.
    Even I am looking for a good garage in Thane who can handle Fiat cars in particular with care. If you come across any , please do let know. 3M mats can be bought at the 3M centre opened in Thane, I hope you are aware of the location. If not its at Louis wadi at Khopat (Nitin compound) junction. But I didnt find the 3M mats useful coz they went bald at a particular spot where the heel of my foot rests on the mat near the clutch pedal.

BTW where do you stay in Thane?

Also time to change the title of the thread. Request Mods accordingly.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Girish :),
    I got the grill changed at Balaji workshop, cost me around 2K, and got the black roofing done from 3M Thane, it set me back by 6K.
    Currently, I got the stock floor mats and the driver side one is in a bad shape; my shoes have tore through it in 2-3 places. I think this
    has again got to do with the way I place my right foot while driving exerting more pressure on the heels and the sharp heel of the leather shoe
    doing the damage. When I was at 3M last time, the sales guy told me that their mats are made up of a hard material and they wont give away so
    easily and moreover they are easy to clean too.
    I am yet to find a good Fiat garage in Thane. Last resort is to travel down to RS Motors in Kandivli. The owner is a former employee of the
    erstwhile Fiat dealer 'Angad' and is quite knowledable about Fiat cars. Only downside is that his charges are a bit on the higher side.
    If I come across a good garage in Thane, I will definitely let you know.
    I stay in Vijay Nagari. How about yourself?
    Cheers

- - - Merged Post - - -

Posting some pics for your viewing pleasure. Bear with me for the quality, as these were shot using the crappy 3GS. I will upload better ones later.

GP2014-3.jpg GP2014-1.jpg GP2014-2.jpg
    3 people like this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Same case with me too regarding the foot placement. I have attached the pics of the 3M Nomad mats going bald barely few weeks after usage. the 3M owner Mr Sheshadri was kind enough to replace the driver side mat for free for teh first time but the issue has cropped up again in the second mats too.

Photo0437.jpg

I stay way too close to you man. Near AnuNagar, Waghbil.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I dont know which person exactly you are referring to. The senior most at RS is an ex-Fiat, Ex-Premier Auto person.
    I doubt you will see a team more well trained than RS Motors. I have been giving car for past couple of years and now I am happy that they are a Fiat Authorised service point with a facelift to their garage. :)

All Palio, Siena, Adventure weekend etc. are so wonderfully restored there that it gives you a very different level of confidence handing your car to them.

:p heartsent for our mutual benefit .. !
  10. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi,
    I am taking about Mr. Rajendra. I know they do a very good job; last year my friend got his decade old Palio restored and they did a fantastic job.
    The only thing is that they charge a premium but I guess its worth paying that extra buck; at least you have the peace of mind that your car is in safe hands.