1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My mini Maserati

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by GirishRaghu, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I have done with the Leather Seat covers from Vashi, Sector-17, It fetched mw 6.5K as its black colour and my Grande is Medium Grey.
    How is the population of Punto / Linea in Thane, Happy Puntoing around,
    Do upload some pictures of the beauty...
  2. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  3. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This is my favourite. Mileage of 28.6 km/l achieved on NH-3 during one of the weekend trips to Nasik. A/C off and speed between 80-100. Tried to achieve the magical figure of 30 but missed by a whisker. Will try again next time.

IMG_0062.jpg
    2 people like this.
  4. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    To add, thought this might be helpful to folks in Mumbai & Thane.
    As per my experience, Forture Cars in Chandivli & Balaji Cars in Thane are very good in providing service.
    I have had very good experience with both of them.
    Please avoid Galaxy Motors, Mulund :)

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

I had been on a Mumbai- Saputara trip in the last week of Jan. Saputara, for those who dont know, is a small hill station on the MH-GJ border and it is a part of Gujarat state. It is about 100 kms from Nasik.
    My Maserati impressed with her ride & handling capabilities. On a trip to Waghai, about 60 kms from Saputara on Saputara-Surat highway, she was at her best. I was able to cover the ghat section with ease, negotiating all the curves and hair-pin bends with confidence. It was a pliant , silky smooth ride and made the journey look effortless. On top of all this, got a mileage of 30 kmpl which was a pleasant surprise for me.

Once again, would like to reiterate "She is the queen of highways" !
  5. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Girish,

I have seen your drive quite a few times at Thane dont remember where, but I remember your Stickers. 30KMPL :eek: @ what speed do you drive? I have got max 21kmpl with my 90HP :D.

Fortune - Sakinaka yes they are good but I have never been able to get my car washed properly for the past 6 yrs.

Saputara- would love to see some photos of your trip & how are the roads.

Drive safe.

Kiran
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  6. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Kiran,

I realised that the MJD is a very capable, frugal powermill and I always try to extract the maximum out of it. I have got 25 KMPL on NH-3 on the Thane-Nasik stretch, with A/C off and maintaining a speed between 80 - 100 KMPH.

I always wanted to achieve the magical figure of 30 kmpl, and when I finally achieved it couldn't believe it. Hence, pulled up alongside the road and took a snap.

IMG_0077.jpg

As you can see, it is showing 34 kmpl. Finally it got reduced to 30 as some of the stretches were real bad. But then, 30 is still quite impressive for a car that is the heaviest in it's segment. Again, speed maintained was between 80 and 100 and A/C off as there was no need for it.

The trip was fun, it is a good weekend getaway from the hustle and bustle of Mumbai.
    Will post some pics soon.
    abhinav_nani and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  7. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hats off to you man, you really are getting some best results.

Last week I did Mumbai-Goti-sinnar-Shirdi & back speed 120-140 kmph 3.5hrs single drive avg 17-18kmpl :)

Week before that Mum-Pune-Kolhapur-Gaganbhavda-Vaibhavwadi-Kankawli-Sawantwadi-amboli-azra-kolhapur-pune-mumbai again 17/18 kmpl.

Frankly I cannot drive slowly if I am on the H/W thats my problem. And most of my drives are work related hence time schedules have to be met.

Kiran
  8. Girish Raghu congrats on your beauty and for completing 1year also.
    1 person likes this.
  9. dinesh.90hp

dinesh.90hp

Ludhiana
    Hi Girish,

From where u got these stickers??
  10. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP