1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Mighty, Magnificient and Fantabulous TJet+

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by speedJet, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    What was your experience like at the "other" TASS like ? .. That TASS "which shall not be named" ::V
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I wanted to go to Mr Sharma's service, but I was advised to wait till the Fiat ASS opens up in Noida. Since I was nearing 5000 kms, I could not wait. I shall visit Noida FASS once it opens up

I have a huge thread in the pre-sales section on my experience with this other Fiat dealer. You can refer the same
  3. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Oh yes .. I had been through that thread in detail some time back. I wonder if it's always the case that the experience at the SC is the same as the one at the dealership/showroom..

Since I purchased my Linea from Faridabad which is out of the way , I usually go to Dhingra for running repairs. There's also a place called "DELTA VEHICLE SUPPORT" in Sector 52 which services Tata/Fiat which is barely 5mins from my place. Will probably pay them a visit sometime as well.
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Got a couple of snaps of the TJet+ along with the BMW 320. Since snaps were captured from mobile cam, quality is on the poor side. I will try to capture better shots next time

B&T-1.jpg

B&T-2.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Mr. Sharma's ASS is Fiat authorised na, so is there a problem?

The Noida FASS is a dedicated Fiat-only one?

Any idea on when it will open up?
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    All TASS which are not going to open FASS after March 2013 are currently ignoring Fiat customers, their problems and just doing "casual" service. On confirming with people I found that this behavior is currently prevalent in most TASS in NCR.

FASS was supposed to open in this month, I am not sure whether it has opened till now. PM me if you need more details
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    TJet+ v/s Cruze Comparison

It’s been some time since I updated the thread. I was on vacation and the Jet was resting.

During my trip to Bombay, I got a chance to go to Shirdi in my friend’s Cruze (2012 top model auto version – non refreshed one). I drove the Cruze for sometime and sat in the passenger seat as well as rear seat. I pushed it till 120 kmph (there was traffic and could not push it beyond this)

Here is a brief comparison of the TJet+ vs Cruze

Steering:
    • TJet+ and Cruze both have good steering. At low speeds, TJet+ steering was lighter than Cruze

Engine:
    • At slow speeds and when not in turbo range: TJet is more responsive than Cruze, however automatic gears make like in the Cruze very easy
    • Above turbo range: more or less the same with TJet holding the edge due to its petrol engine
    • At high speeds (above 120): not tested, so cannot comment

Ride:
    • Almost similar
    • Ride more comfortable at the back

Handling (till 120):
    • Not much to differentiate till this speed, do not know how Cruze would have handled beyond 120

Interiors:
    • Cruze has better interiors which are put together very well

Seat Comfort:
    • Height of driver and passenger seat is very low in Cruze. TJet+ driver and passenger seats are more comfortable. I got tired in 2 hours sitting on the front passenger seat in Cruze
    • Back seat angle in Cruze is better than TJet+. However height is still a bit less
    • Leg space in front and rear in Cruze is better than TJet+

Music system:
    • Cruze is the winner in this segment

Features provided in the TJet+ that I missed in the Cruze:
    • Dead pedal
    • One touch down feature in windows and one touch up on driver side (maybe I did not know how to use it as such a feature cannot be missing)
    • Hydaulics on the boot – I do not like to see the boot hanging loose
    • Boot open button on the console
    • Seat height and better under thigh support

Features provided in the Cruze that I missed in the TJet+:
    • Convenience of auto gear in B2B traffic
    • Back seat angle
    • Better leg space
    • Sun roof

FINAL VERDICT :ugeek:
    Except for the convienience of auto gears in B2B traffic, sun roof, better leg space and back seat angle there is not much to differentiate between Cruze and TJet+. At the price point at which TJet+ is available compared to the Cruze, it is a steal and clear winner. Alas, only if it was introduced at the correct time and marketed properly
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Nicely put.

However I'm a strong proponent of manual transmission in a car like TJet. AT would spoil the fun altogether, especially on highways. Yes in B2B traffic an AT would be better. But then, I would rather buy an auto-box hatch for city in that case. TJet is a highway cruiser!
    1 person likes this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The Cruze is a monster when the engine is in the "turbo zone". I drove one and putting the pedal to the metal through the first three gears took me to completely illegal speeds really quickly.

If FIAT can bring in the Dualogic gearbox, that can really liven up things. It's not a traditional automatic with a sloppy torque converter, rather an automated manual gearbox. The only difference is - what your left foot used to do with the clutch pedal will now be done by a computer controlled clutch actuator. So you can enjoy both the manual and automatic advantages.
    1 person likes this.
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Thanks

Agreed DJ!! In Bombay, the need for AT is felt more than in Gurgaon

I have not driven the manual one, so I cannot comment on the manual behavior. The Jet also takes one beyond legal speeds quickly. Did you get a chance to experience the TJet? Whenever you get the chance, please do share your experience

Lets hope that Fiat brings it in once it is settled in India