1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Mighty, Magnificient and Fantabulous TJet+

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by speedJet, Oct 24, 2012.

1. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Thanks vasudev. I will keep the alignment in mind. I had got oil replaced around 3000 kms
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    A query on the first service: is it mandatory to get the service done before 5000 kms or it is fine if the service is done sometime after 5000 kms say 5300 kms? Will it affect warranty if the service is done after 5000 kms?
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Check with the service centre people where you are planning to get it done. My service center people say that for first service, they are fine till 5500 kms. For second, till 16,000 and for third, till 31000.
    2 people like this.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    As Ramesh mentioned, few ASCs are ok with 300-500 kms over the prescribed kms. I was just about to send my car for 15K service but suddenly Goa trip was planned and I could not wait driving my Linea to Goa. I did that service at about 16,500 kms, did next service at 29,xxx kms, next at 44,xxx kms, next at 59,xxx kms.
    To answer your query, if there is no emergency, it's better to get it done before 5,000 kms. Why to give anyone a chance to use it as an excuse in the eventuality of "man-to-man"( ;) ) discussions.
    3 people like this.
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Thanks ramjn and VahanPujari. I shall check with the service centre where I normally go

Even I am of the view that service should be done before the prescribed limit to avoid warranty (or "unwarranted") issues.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I got the first service done before reaching 5000 kms

I was charged for the wheel alignment and balancing. I told them that wheel alignment is included in the first free service as per manual, but the SA said that it means the alignment has to be done and nowhere it is written that it is free (since manual mentions inspection)

I will post the service review in another post
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    First service summary:
    - done before 5000 kms
    - service engineers did normal checkup and top-up some fluids
    - wheel balancing and alignment was done only because I insisted, TASS was not ready for the same. I was charged for the same inspite of it being part of 1st service
    - not everything requested by me was attended to in the service

Overall service rating: 5 out of 10
    Conclusion: TASS sucks big time and you cannot rely on them. They are good at trying some "jugaads" or saying that "this is normal"

Well here is something positive and to enjoy which makes one forget about TASS

S5001826.JPG
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  8. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Is this at ABS ?
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    You guessed it right. They are not as bad as the other TASS in GGN
  10. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    ^I thought you were going to Him motors?